LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

Postby ellissona » Thu, 16Sep15 22:37

So I've played it through and have gotten every achievement except for one (how the bloody hell do you get Tracy pregnant, I've basically had her screwing everyone at every opportunity and it still hasn't popped).

A few thoughts:
Pros:
- This is a fantastically made story game. I've actually been waiting for Sex and Glory to post a "story" style game (ala Until Dawn or any of the Telltale Games) where your choices in the previous acts change the story in the later ones so I'm actually surprised you guys beat them to it.

- Animations, characters, backgrounds, the whole nine yards. Everything is amazing

- While I'm more interested in the girls, some of your games have had a tendency for the dudes to have an abnormally skinny dick in relation to their size and it really throws me off when it comes up, not this time around.

- While I loved Living with Temptation, Living with Serena is probably my most played game because it's short and to the point. Now if I want to play a longer game with Lisa/Tracy, I can just play the original, or I can play this one and jump right into it.

- I think you guys really took some of the (useful) criticism from Eleanor 2 to heart. I really feel like this is a true sequel.

- Some people have felt that Lisa/Tracy are different in this one and I have two notes on that. One, it says in the start Justin is the temptation now. Tracy has always been a fox and Lisa was a nympho (the scene where Lisa/Sandy are talking by the pool in LwT1) and she didn't want to cheat with Justin originally in the first game because she loves Tracy as well, not because she doesn't think Justin is fine as hell. You spend the majority of the first game convincing her to have sex with you regardless. If you go the route where you didn't cheat on Lisa in the first game and plan on sleeping with her in this one, it explains Lisa's stance perfectly.

Cons:
- you already know this but MAAAAAAAAAAAAN does this game feel incomplete. While half of me is excited to play it now, the other half of me would have been perfectly happy waiting the extra months to a year for you guys to finish up and get the expansion in here. The main reason why is...

- Day 6 Evening feels pointless. There's only really one thing to do and that's the threesome with Tracy/Lisa. I wish the scene with Antoinette/Gabrielle in the sauna went somewhere so you could end it on a different note (or maybe confront Richard in his office and beat his bitch ass). Similarly, Day 5 Evening seems fairly boring for being pretty much the last evening in the game before the last day.

- Dinner Time/Bed Time are pointless. You're forced to go to bed where there is a scene where nothing happens and you're forced to go to the dining room for dinner because that's where everyone is. That being said this becomes slightly different if you guys plan on adding scenes in the kitchen during dinner time or scenes where someone is up and about outside/in the house after bed time.

- I'm REALLY assuming the scenes with Antoinette are in the expansion. You have the scene where Richard urinates in front of her and you see it via camera and confront him, and you have the afternoon jogging scene, and both of them feel rather... unnecessary. I don't even particularly feel they add to the story or the tension between Richard/Justin but maybe it will later.

- By far the most frustrating part of this game is day 4, dinner time, you got every single girl in one of these sexy dresses and... nothing happens. Gabrielle/Lisa are naked in the hot tub and nothing happens with Tracy/Antoinette. I'd kill for a post-dinner/pre-afternoon scene with a one-on-one with any of the girls drunk and still in their dresses.

- Once again assuming this is in the expansion, but after you are lifting the girls in the pool, if you drop Gabrielle there's a huge spoiler that never gets mentioned or talked about ever again. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a scene I'm missing but I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of them. The lack of some one-on-ones with Gabrielle or Antoinette is kind of boring.

- That sexy French maid can't just be there for show. We know Richard is tapping that ass on the side.

- While I can see a LwT3 being made... this sequel really feels like it closes the chapter with Justin/Lisa/Tracy pretty well, and that means that there might not be another game with Lisa in it D: Fuck it, give me a Living with Temptation 1 remake from Lisa's point of a view

I really do love this game, I think you guys never disappoint when it comes to the graphics side of things and I think when it comes to the storytelling, you guys a fantastic job (even the "less than" fantastic jobs are just as good as anything anyone else puts out). iksanabot, you guys have a hell of a lot to be proud of with this one for sure. I look forward to your guys future work all the time and really hope that even if we're done with this particular set of characters, the Living with Temptation style of stories comes back around again sometime.
ellissona
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby master110 » Thu, 16Sep15 22:59

I have to agree it does feel like a unfinished game. I don't believe this was worked on for two years. And we all know you get one game if you're lucky per month for your sub. If it was put else where they would have to deliver each month.

Very little gameplay , just a load of pictures.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Thu, 16Sep15 23:01

saolo996 wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:I just want to know one thing. What song is used in the main title. Have been searching in my free time since yesterday and i am unable to find it, unable to sleep, unable to fap.

If you have a smartphone ask it!

I don't have one. I am one of those that are content with the ability to call so i got a T9. Hence why I asked what the name of the song was.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Ermac » Thu, 16Sep15 23:31

I don't know how much you read the comments from the blog, so I will repeat some of my thoughts about the game.
The game is great, but it's waaaay to short. Wating for a (big) expansion. My favourite scene is probably the threesome with Lisa and Gabrielle in the tub.

Things I would like to see in the expansion:
- scenes with Justin and the maid
- Justin getting a blowjob under the table, at dinner (from Lisa, the maid, Gabrielle, Antoinette). The girls could come at dinner earlier then the rest and wait for Justin until he sits. In the first days, he could get only a handjob, and then, depending on what you do in the following days, a blowjob.
- Justin going jogging with Antoinette feels pointless. Expand on that.
- I'm not really interesed in threesome with a girl, Justin and another guy. Less Richard, Derek etc; more Justin and the girls.
- more interactions between Justin and the girls, like in the first game
- more days (or expand what you can do in the morning, evening, night)
- another hot brunette like Tracy would be nice
- I miss the ability to replay sex scenes in one playthrough like in the first game.
- at the last day (at least), you should be able to have a fivesome with all the girls (in the pool or in the house) Like the ultimate achievement.
Ermac
Pilot fish

Postby nacho666 » Fri, 16Sep16 01:17

I like the game, i always defeat Richard (it's easy, because he is a jerk), but i need help to get Tracy and Lisa pregnant. A little walkthrough, please?
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
nacho666
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep16 01:25

nacho666 wrote:I like the game, i always defeat Richard (it's easy, because he is a jerk), but i need help to get Tracy and Lisa pregnant. A little walkthrough, please?

Hi nacho666,
Thanks for playing! If you want a walk through you can check out posts on the LOP GOLD blog. A few people have posted fairly detailed guides of what happens where, and what you need to do to see cretin endings.

Have fun!
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep16 01:34

master110 wrote:I have to agree it does feel like a unfinished game. I don't believe this was worked on for two years. And we all know you get one game if you're lucky per month for your sub. If it was put else where they would have to deliver each month.

Hi Master110, thanks for playing.

This game took about 2 years from when I started writing the script to when it was released, but it was not 2 years of solid work only on this game. No one has ever said that. LOP has released several games between LWT expansion and LWT2. The company attention was very much on those games as well - the company is small and when it comes to coding, refining and play testing, it is one game at a time.

We have continually said that the game is larger than anything else LOP Gold has put out before, and you are right that the fact that it has so many images is one reason that statement is justified. But it is much more than a load of pictures. The script is larger than anything I have worked on before.

I appreciate that there is a consensus that the game feels unfinished, and I've admitted in several posts that I wanted to include more, but it had become so big by the time I wrote what I wrote (already bigger than anything else LOP did) that we decided to end it there and hope it was popular enough for an expansion.

In any case, we certainly believe that customers got their money's worth with this game, and there seems to be consensus about that as well.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep16 01:54

Hi all,

I just wanted to post some thoughts, not in response to any particular post.

I appreciate all these posts about what everyone would like to see in the expansion. However, I'm a little turned off by the flavor some of them have taken on, where you seem to be harping on the negatives almost like you are trying to make me feel like I owe you the scenes you want. Some of the posts bring to mind the example of the man telling his waiter that the food was awful, and there was not enough of it.

Generally people have been measured in their response and given both positive and negative criticism, and I've though hard about all of it and am taking it into account as I flesh out the expansion. But I want to discourage that flavor of post I describe above. We as a company (LOP), owed you a game worth the money you pay for it along with access to all the other LOP gold games, and we delivered. Personally, I owe you my gratitude for your patronage, and I owe you my gratitude for kind words and praise, but I don't owe you a specific scene in the expansion because you felt it should be in the game. I don't owe you a specific kind of game or story. Part of me feels I do, because I want all of you to be happy with my work, but if I try to please everyone else I'm not going to write very well, and I'm not going to write very often.

So please, to the people who clearly are so engaged by the game and the characters that they have given a lot of thought to what they want to see, try to avoid posts that seem like you didn't enjoy it at all, and that because of that I owe you a better game.

If you truly didn't like it at all, and don't want a sequel, then go ahead and be as negative as you want. If you hated LWT2, then I'm not writing the expansion for you and I wont feel like you are trying to blackmail me into writing the expansion for you if you clearly just plain hated it.

Alright, I'm sure about 6 people will take this post to heart and the rest will either ignore it or never see it because it gets buried in the thread. But I feel better for having posted it, for now.

Thanks to everyone for playing, and for wanting to discuss it.
iksanabot
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Ermac » Fri, 16Sep16 02:07

I hope I wasn't one of those people who made you upset. I just made some suggestions, that's all. I really like the game, I even said it was great. You shouldn't think about it like someone reproaching a waiter... it's more like a kid writing a letter to Santa :) Cheers and good luck with your work ! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Ermac
Pilot fish

Postby jk103 » Fri, 16Sep16 02:10

iksanabot wrote:
master110 wrote:I have to agree it does feel like a unfinished game. I don't believe this was worked on for two years. And we all know you get one game if you're lucky per month for your sub. If it was put else where they would have to deliver each month.

Hi Master110, thanks for playing.

This game took about 2 years from when I started writing the script to when it was released, but it was not 2 years of solid work only on this game. No one has ever said that. LOP has released several games between LWT expansion and LWT2. The company attention was very much on those games as well - the company is small and when it comes to coding, refining and play testing, it is one game at a time.

We have continually said that the game is larger than anything else LOP Gold has put out before, and you are right that the fact that it has so many images is one reason that statement is justified. But it is much more than a load of pictures. The script is larger than anything I have worked on before.

I appreciate that there is a consensus that the game feels unfinished, and I've admitted in several posts that I wanted to include more, but it had become so big by the time I wrote what I wrote (already bigger than anything else LOP did) that we decided to end it there and hope it was popular enough for an expansion.

In any case, we certainly believe that customers got their money's worth with this game, and there seems to be consensus about that as well.

I'm sure it has to be frustrating to hear people call the game too "short" or "unfinished" when there's so many scenes, images, and dialogue in there. I think it has much more to do with the way the gameplay is structured than the actual amount of content in the game. People will complain that the stat-raising aspect of LWT was too grindy, tedious, and repetitive, and they're not wrong, but I think the long stat-raising process was a big part of why people fell in love with the LWT1 characters in the first place. It makes for a slow, simmering build-up of tension that was just perfect for the adultery story.

Ideally, you'd either find a way to keep the tension you got from LWT1's system but make it less tedious, or ditch that system and find a new way to build tension. It seems like you tried the latter but couldn't quite find a way to slow the game down and keep the tension up.
jk103
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep16 03:08

Ermac wrote:I hope I wasn't one of those people who made you upset. I just made some suggestions, that's all. I really like the game, I even said it was great. You shouldn't think about it like someone reproaching a waiter... it's more like a kid writing a letter to Santa :) Cheers and good luck with your work ! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

lol no dude, don't worry. It wasn't in response to any single post. :)
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep16 03:23

Stargazer wrote:Hi,

Huge fan of all your work and now even more so with your latest game LWT2, must say at first I was a little bit disappointed that it was nothing like LWT but that faded away after I came here to read the post of you saying that you were thinking of doing an expansion for LWT2 and so I thought I would give you my 2 thoughts on that:

1. At the start we were introduced to the 1 character that I found to be interesting, The Maid and I had the feeling she could also be approached by Justin, but this was not the case, so in my first idea was to have her room appear on the locations and we could seduce her also, this would also play into my next idea.

2. During Dinner time Justin should be able to go into the bedrooms of the other characters and investigate their items (1 time finding Lisa's dildo and then the next day find it in Gabriella's room), he would also be questioned by the others for being late and during Bed time Justin should be able to go and sneak a peek into the rooms if the doors are not locked and watch the others have a little fun.
Now if the maid idea was in this way, you could take the maids keys from her room 1 dinner time and during the night while Lisa or Gabbi are sleeping, go in and jerk over there face, if you cum on there face and are not hot to them they will scream and game over but if you are, well you get where I am coming from.

that was my suggestion, a little long winded but finally posted it, what do you think?

Keep up the excellent work

Hi Stargazer - I found your post.
Yeah, I always in tend to have a scene with the sexy french maid. It would be short, and probably a little sarcastic because it is so cliche, but it is something I intend to add.

I hadn't thought about adding a mechanism where you can steal Richard's keys. i love the idea and as of now I intend to use it.

Thanks for the idea, and thanks for playing.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Gallion » Fri, 16Sep16 07:51

Hi iksanabot, the game is awesome and I just want to know :

The threesome with Lisa & Tracy (who's probably the most anticipated LOP scene ever) is quite simple to get by the fact than you just have to be equal or better than Richard. But there is some teasing scenes between the 2 girls in the kitchen at the Day 3 (if you cook or if you watch it from richard's office), so I would like to know if you & the team thought at the first place to make the 3some possible only if you got one of those teasing scene ?

Thanks.
Gallion
sirens hunter

Postby membrano » Fri, 16Sep16 08:06

Hello iksanabot, Leo and all other who contributed to LWT2,

thank you very much for this great game!
I believe you did a lot of things right here: The setting is fun, the gameplay works (for me) and there is definite sexual tension in the air. Of course, the game feels rather short, due to the absence of the usual threadmill statbuilding. There is a reason statbuilders are so popular, even though everyone claims to dislike the mechanic. Still, I found your different approach worked well, the long-term motivation comes more from trying different paths each playthrough, and there are certainly many things to explore. For this reason I think you should be very carefull about adding more timeslots to the days, these would just make more options available in a single playthrough and remove the point of trying out different paths. Of course if you can add enough additinal content to justify more time, go for it :D
I admit I am not such a big fan of the single general attraction score. Why would Tracy think better of me because I flirted with Lisa and Gabrielle? I understand it makes the already probably complex game easier to manage, but you already use individual triggers for certain scenes. Why not just rely on this, or ideally have individual stats for each girl (maybe even only hidden stats)? Most glaring example may be the threesome scene at the end, which as many others have noted feels tagged on (even though we were all hoping for this scene, we expected that we had to earn it). If it would be triggered by an earlier sex scene with each of the girls and one with sexual tension between them, I think it would have felt more naturally than just comparing overal scores with Richard. Of course, individual scores for the girls would make this even clearer.
I agree with many others that some repeatable scenes would have helped the game feel longer and more involved (they could only be accessible with sufficient score). And maybe one could have done more with the dinner and bed times. Even one or two small scenes away from the dinner table/your bed at those times would make people experiment more here, and help flesh out the game - in my opinion ;). Of course, all even more content...

Anyway, I am rambling already. All in all, despite some shortcomings I think you delivered a wonderful game and I especially applaud you for taking on a different gameplay approach and even make it work - regardless of all the teething problems the game still has. I am sure you will get them under control in future expansions or games.

PS: Have you ever played the AIF game "Weekend" by Pierre? LWT2 almost seems inspired by it; the setting is very similar, you also had to pursue certain paths over others in a limited time; it shares the voyeurism mechanic; even the name of the antagonist is the same. And that was also a very fun game, even though it felt somewhat unfinished (Weekend more so than LWT2 though).
membrano
Pilot fish

Postby kokinous » Fri, 16Sep16 09:40

Hi

I need help for the scene under the table Antoinette gives the money
Please someone can help me.

Thx [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
kokinous
lagoon predator