Pusooy - Beach Party Reunion

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Pusooy - Beach Party Reunion

Postby ut1stgear1 » Tue, 18Jan16 07:45

"level of incompetence" is a term I learned while in the service but it was called "the Peter principle", not sure why, maybe I should Google it. Haven't heard that in a very long time, about 40 years. It is a very accurate description of those people who reach that level and the service was great at doing that for many people. They seemed to have a knack for promoting people one step above where they should be.

EDIT: Here it is-The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by educator Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

Not sure it applies here though because, as stated already, it is a business term and I think Pusooy is still competent at what does or chooses to do or not to do. Comes back to his personal choice. I have a lot of respect for his work with animation and getting it right especially with the platform he has chosen to work with.

He may take longer to produce a game or episode then others but there are too many creators on Patreon who have taken the "production" route and end up producing games or episodes that are below what they are capable of which could also qualify them as having reaching their "Peter principle" in hopes that as they release such works that they can catch the errors of living a world of "quantity over quality", as most Corporations do.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 18Jan16 21:38

ut1stgear1 wrote:Haven't heard that in a very long time, about 40 years.
Maybe the term is remembered better by us older folk, for I too have passed my half century. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

ut1stgear1 wrote:Not sure it applies here though because...
I wasn't using that term in relation to Pusooy's own abilities, but rather in relation to the concept that one must continually keep improving (all?) of ones skills (or become obsolete?) and that to choose to stay at the particular skill level you have obtained proficiency at is (for some strange reason) considered wrong.

ut1stgear1 wrote:I have a lot of respect for his work...
I also respect the visual novels that they create, even though they contain no (or very little) game play as such.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby kessie8dn » Tue, 18Jan23 16:09

Greyelf wrote:
Maybe the term is remembered better by us older folk, for I too have passed my half century. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

I wasn't using that term in relation to Pusooy's own abilities, but rather in relation to the concept that one must continually keep improving (all?) of ones skills (or become obsolete?) and that to choose to stay at the particular skill level you have obtained proficiency at is (for some strange reason) considered wrong.

I also respect the visual novels that they create, even though they contain no (or very little) game play as such.

The Peter Principle has largeley been replaced by business schools turning out virtual clones who all use the same "bizspeak" and have the same business principals engraved on their hearts. They impress senior management as it seems these new people must be very clever because everyone else seems too dumb to understand them, including the senior managers themselves, so they are promoted above the heads of time-served people who know the actual job in hand by management too afraid of appearing dense and/or "out of touch".

This same principle also explains the growing tide of bean-counters and consultants who now infest our corporations. From the boardroom down, no level of management seems capable of making basic decisions without spending a fortune on these parasites, often at the expense of the people who are face to face with actual customers. Consultants need businesses to change in order to justify their existance, therefore change is what happens. Customers are fed a constant diet of "improvements" and apologies for countless "teething problems".
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby Tao Dude » Wed, 18Jan24 00:45

kessie8dn wrote:
Greyelf wrote:

The Peter Principle has largeley been replaced by business schools turning out virtual clones who all use the same "bizspeak" and have the same business principals engraved on their hearts. They impress senior management as it seems these new people must be very clever because everyone else seems too dumb to understand them, including the senior managers themselves, so they are promoted above the heads of time-served people who know the actual job in hand by management too afraid of appearing dense and/or "out of touch".

This same principle also explains the growing tide of bean-counters and consultants who now infest our corporations. From the boardroom down, no level of management seems capable of making basic decisions without spending a fortune on these parasites, often at the expense of the people who are face to face with actual customers. Consultants need businesses to change in order to justify their existance, therefore change is what happens. Customers are fed a constant diet of "improvements" and apologies for countless "teething problems".

Change is the inevitable consequence of competition. There is only so much you can do to keep costs down and beat the opposition, so you have to come up with something new that either does something useful, or can be marketed as the next must have iPhone XLV or Samsung Galaxy 347, then patent it so that the opposition has to wait before they can copy it and beat you at your own game. and the cycle begins again.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to Other sexy games