Blind Date 3D

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Blind Date 3D

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 16Jun29 02:49

I'd actually like statisticss to follow a resource management path myself, where you have to manage four different categories and keep them within certain parameters. Going back to the Date Ariane example, say you have 4 statistics. Well, actually you don't have 4 statistics but the girl you're talking to keeps track of 4 statistics of how they perceive you. All start at 0. They are Nice, Sexy, Smart and Funny. When you pick a dialogue selection that's a nice, non sexual remark you get a point in nice. However if you get too many points in nice then you lose by entering the friend zone. If you pick a response with some sexual innuendo, you get a point in sexy. If you go too far in sexy then the girl just thinks you're a sex crazed lunatic and you lose the game (or just that particular girl). And so on and so fourth. Now you may be able to unlock different scenarios by having different combinations. If you are smart and funny (because you have a lot of points in smart and funny and not many in sexy and nice) you may have a different sexual encounter than if you're smart and sexy.

Now in Date Ariane there was only one girl but you could use this system for a game with multiple girls, where each girl keeps track of a separate score based on the conversations you had with that specific girl. Each girl could have different tolerances. One girl may really like funny guys while another hates them. If you wanted to, you could start the game with a few points to buy some qualities. So at the start of the game, you could choose to buy the Good Looking quality, which raises the ceiling on your statistics (making the woman a bit more forgiving since you're so darn good looking) or the Perceptive quality which allows you to see your statistics totals (normally they would be invisible). The Charismatic trait may allow you to see the tolerances of each girl. You might not even have to buy the statistics, but they could be given as rewards after unlocking certain combinations of achievements and you can get the qualities when you start a new game. Then each playthrough gets easier and cuts down on the monotony.

Now to make the possible combinations even more complex, you could have ways of shifting a girl's tolerances in the game. A girl's tolerance to Funny may increase if she's had a few drinks or is in a nightclub, where Funny and Sexy would be ideal in that location. So instead of impressing the stern librarian with your smarts and taking her to see a foreign independent film, you can instead take her to a nightclub and get a few drinks in her to lighten her up and get her to let her hair down. Or if you are more interested in a BDSM type scenario you won't want any points in Funny and instead want a high total in Smart (so you are intimidatingly smart) with a some Sexy (so she wants you) and Nice (so she trusts you enough to know you are not a total psycho) and get her to a dungeon environment, or a more punk or industrial themed dance club. Throw in a guitar hero/dance dance revolution type minigame to unlock the Good Dancer trait so I can automatically be a good dancer in all my successive games and I'm happy.

In short, I want to be able to shift the dating game to a strategy/resource management type game and away from a Role Playing Game. I want to play the game for the entire game, not just grind statistics until I maxed out and then eventually play the game at the end.

That's my opinion anyway. It could be a good idea or my ego may be writing cheques that my body can't cash.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Jun30 17:29

saolo996 wrote:I also think a system based on a sort of D&D system would be more interesting, you can be given some stats, you roll the dice for each one then you have some spare points to adjust the stats you think are too weak or to maximize the one you think can be the main one.
With your stats influencing how the game goes, and growing depending on your choices.
There's obviously the other side of the coin: games will be more interesting as much as more difficult to develop, test and release. Much more work to do.

But definitely a path worth to be explored.

Just my two cents, as usual.

""You don't have time to think up there. If you think, you're dead."
D&D system too is questionable. If it isn't clear what you mean YOU must make it clear.

I think what I wrote was clear enough: you are given some stats, you roll the dice for each stat, plus you can have some spare points to use to raise some stats.
Given I was trying to suggest new paths I was generally speaking about it, and I'm seriously thinking what you mean by saying "If it isn't clear what you mean..." while I think it was clear I was suggesting just a new way how to deal with stats, I see no reason in such statement instead of quoting my words in a reply asking to explain what I mean or saying what you don't get. :)

I am pretty aware doing so, with stats depending on that, growing according by your choices and influencing the way NPC relates with you means a different kind of work, longer, more complicated to develop, program and test, so I can perfectly understand why it's not used.

I repeat I was giving my two cents by proposing something new.

Again, I think we're off topic: Blind Date3D has no stats building system.
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Thu, 16Jun30 21:59

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:So anyway, any word on the update for Blind Date 3D.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby saolo996 » Sun, 16Jul03 00:42

It looks like only me and you are on this thread...
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby Salamandastron » Sun, 16Jul03 01:30

I wonder if they'd have been better off doing a new episode than doing a redux version of the first one, but maybe they tweaked the engine or work pipeline, and this is the fastest way to put it through the paces.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Tue, 16Jul05 06:34

saolo996 wrote:It looks like only me and you are on this thread...

That's because you never leave your wingman.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Tue, 16Jul05 06:36

Salamandastron wrote:I wonder if they'd have been better off doing a new episode than doing a redux version of the first one, but maybe they tweaked the engine or work pipeline, and this is the fastest way to put it through the paces.

They have been very vague on what they are adding so it's hard to judge at this point. I just wish they'd give us a bit more information on what we can expect.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby muttdoggy » Wed, 16Jul06 04:46

I'd love it if you can find a way to have Liam called into work. As he leaves, a neighbor notices you and decides to join the party... Imagine the possibilities! :lol:
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby DroopyLoving » Sat, 16Aug20 18:17

Having downloaded this a while ago, I've finally given it a couple of playthroughs.
I haven't played this before because my system is a rickety old laptop which severely limits the performance of the game.
It isn't bad, but it really isn't worth the cost either.
The scenario is actually pretty good (compared with some of the others from the LoP/SaG team), and the characters have some dimensions to them.
The art is okay, but definitely not up there with LoP's 2d efforts.
I think it was a shame that there wasn't a group sex scene or a scene where you catch Liam and Maya (I thought there were many hints that those two were going to hook up, especially when they both leave the room at the same time).
I also didn't like that there were so many unusable aspects of the apartment (fridge, table...) I suppose they may have been put in there for a planned update.

Anyway, as an experiment in 3D games it's pretty ok, I don't think it's worth the cost (especially if you already subscribe to other products from LoP) and I think a 2D version of the game should have been offered side by side with it.
Just my 2cents.
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Aug20 22:48

DroopyLoving wrote:I think it was a shame that there wasn't a group sex scene or a scene where you catch Liam and Maya (I thought there were many hints that those two were going to hook up, especially when they both leave the room at the same time).

I know. I kept waiting for hat to happen too.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Thu, 16Sep29 17:08

That's a new expirience for LOP games, I hope they won't abandon this idea about creating this kids of games and they'll expand in that direction. I'll wait for their game to come out
ShadowPortalTeam
great white shark

Previous

Return to Other sexy games