The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/30]

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed, 18Apr04 23:10

Affabilis wrote:(I guess it's ok to talk about Desecration of Wings here?)

The game was really fun! I particularly enjoyed the equipment-skill system, I found it really clever.
But I'm guessing this is the game's final version, right? There's no post end game content planned whatsoever? My number one pet peeve with RPGs is that I always feel like all my build up is not rewarded enough. Just one not-so-difficult boss fight and that's it.

But like I said, the game itself was really fun and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Felana is so hot oh my god.

Yeah, here is fine. Glad you enjoyed Desecration of Wings!

You're correct, DoW is a finished game. If you beat all the optional bosses and got the true ending, then you've done everything the game has to offer. I did try to make the optional abominations tricky, but there's nothing you can't grind your way past.
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

sex: Female

Postby Affabilis » Thu, 18Apr05 02:42

I managed to find and kill the one in the Bloody Labyrinth and that was it... how many of these optional abominations are there?
It's ok if you don't wanna spoil details about the game though :p

Bartoleo kept talking about something in the Unnatural Circle Island, but I couldn't really find anything there... not even random encounters.
Affabilis
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri, 18Apr06 23:38

Newest version is up on the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

Hope everyone enjoys!

Affabilis wrote:I managed to find and kill the one in the Bloody Labyrinth and that was it... how many of these optional abominations are there?
It's ok if you don't wanna spoil details about the game though :p

Bartoleo kept talking about something in the Unnatural Circle Island, but I couldn't really find anything there... not even random encounters.

Did you complete every step of the plan and get the true ending? If so, you killed everything there is to kill.

The island he mentions is a circular one with special random encounters. Pretty much designed for people who absolutely wanted some more grinding, though it sounds like you don't need it. The encounter rate there should be higher than normal, so perhaps look for a different island?
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Sat, 18Apr07 01:40

I got the true ending, so I guess that's that then.

About the island... I'm pretty sure I was in the right place because I used the map that's on the wikia as reference.
I run into what I believe was a bug then because, from time to time, I would not get any random encounters whatsoever in the overworld. Entering a location and going out again would fix it though. I didn't really tested it thoroughly but I believe it happened only after getting off the airship, and seeing how there's not really any locations in the island itself...

I don't know if those are enough details, but it might be worth to try and reproduce?
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat, 18Apr07 13:51

The random battles are switched off and on manually, unfortunately, so it's entirely possible that I missed a way to break them. If you can reproduce exactly when and how it happens, that would be helpful.
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Sat, 18Apr07 22:35

I tried a few things for a bit... entering and leaving places, messing with the airship, talking to npcs, but I could not get the bug to happen again. Sorry!
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun, 18Apr08 13:38

That's okay, it just means that wherever the mistake is, it must not be normally accessible.
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Tue, 18Apr24 21:51

I've always wondered... are you the one drawing the sprites in your games? It's the only constant style between them.
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu, 18Apr26 23:18

Affabilis wrote:I've always wondered... are you the one drawing the sprites in your games? It's the only constant style between them.

Nope, the sprites come from as diverse sources as the other assets.
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Sun, 18Apr29 16:10

Sierra Lee wrote:
Affabilis wrote:I've always wondered... are you the one drawing the sprites in your games? It's the only constant style between them.

Nope, the sprites come from as diverse sources as the other assets.

I just realized that I might be calling them sprites, but what I meant was the character's images... Like when you're talking to someone in particular and their picture is displayed in the bottom left box. Are those called sprites?

English is not my first language so I might've got that wrong.
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed, 18May02 23:07

Affabilis wrote:I just realized that I might be calling them sprites, but what I meant was the character's images... Like when you're talking to someone in particular and their picture is displayed in the bottom left box. Are those called sprites?

English is not my first language so I might've got that wrong.

Ah, okay! The sprites are the little figures that walk around. What you're referring to is technically called a faceset, or just faces. Anyway, no, I'm not drawing those either. I do put work into trying to keep a somewhat consistent style with them, though, so I'm glad you asked!
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Thu, 18May03 12:58

Sierra Lee wrote:Ah, okay! The sprites are the little figures that walk around. What you're referring to is technically called a faceset, or just faces. Anyway, no, I'm not drawing those either. I do put work into trying to keep a somewhat consistent style with them, though, so I'm glad you asked!

Facesets! I see. I did not know that's what they are called. Would you mind telling me who's the artist for the facesets in DoW? I really like that particular style and I reckon he/she is the same for most of your games.
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu, 18May03 23:06

Affabilis wrote:Facesets! I see. I did not know that's what they are called. Would you mind telling me who's the artist for the facesets in DoW? I really like that particular style and I reckon he/she is the same for most of your games.

Actually, I use a huge number of different artists! DoW especially was split between different people, so I'm glad some parts seemed consistent. The main artist, however, goes by "Redd" or "ReddSpice" - she was also the sole artist for Crimson Gray and I hope to work with her more in the future!
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

Postby Affabilis » Fri, 18May04 13:55

Sierra Lee wrote:Actually, I use a huge number of different artists! DoW especially was split between different people, so I'm glad some parts seemed consistent. The main artist, however, goes by "Redd" or "ReddSpice" - she was also the sole artist for Crimson Gray and I hope to work with her more in the future!

YES! Her! I love her style.

And... really? She's not the one who did pretty much every TLS faceset? I was almost sure that that was the case.
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri, 18May04 23:41

TLS 0.34.0 is out for patrons!

You'll be getting another round of income for all those investments, and the party will be delving deeper into reality than they have before:

After the politics of last time, the characters will also take a chance to relax. For example, a certain bear girl will be making a big decision:

But I know people really play this game for the hawt, sexy philosophical discussions. I finally implemented a miniquest where visiting various bars around the world with Orcent will give scenes that include spicy personal reflections, naughty character development, and taboo theological discussions. Get it now before Patreon bans me!

In all seriousness, this update is more than a breather between events. The party's journey will... not be uneventful.

This one should be going public in a week!

Affabilis wrote:YES! Her! I love her style.

And... really? She's not the one who did pretty much every TLS faceset? I was almost sure that that was the case.

Glad I succeeded in matching things, then. ^-^ I can't obtain perfect visual consistency, but I try!
Sierra Lee
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games