Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 (2015-03-2

Postby wodahSShadow » Tue, 15Mar24 01:19

I'm getting "SecurityError: The operation is insecure. _game.js:1279:0".

The error is a Firefox feature, using typeof(Storage) to check for sessionStorage is recommended.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 01:47

wodahSShadow wrote:I'm getting "SecurityError: The operation is insecure. _game.js:1279:0".

The error is a Firefox feature, using typeof(Storage) to check for sessionStorage is recommended.
Curious, I'm not seeing that on my local copy, running FireFox either on screen, or in the dev console. We are using typeof(Storage). Is it blocking your ability to play? If not, I'd still appreciate more info to try and track it down so that I can include a patch in the next version. IF so, try it out in Chrome, Safari, or IE. all are supported.

Super wrote:You can't play adventure creator on iPhone unless it's on the browser, meaning uploaded to a site. Can't download it

I will probably wait until there's a bit more to the game before I play, but I love the presentation/achievements list
Thanks for the info about iPhones! Bummer that it won't work. But it is another feather to put in my iDon't list to tease my iPhone fanatic friend with. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

As for content, There are nearly 900 pages in these two episodes...almost the size of Tlaero's Christine game. The trick is finding it, although I do understand about wanting the individual story-lines to flesh out a bit more before playing. [img]images/icones/icon4.gif[/img]

bartux wrote:thanks a lot for your game
I like it :)
I was hoping for more. I recall playing this game quite some years ago. (episode 1)
I'm glad you like the game Bartux! You must have caught the early Proof of Concept when I just started it on your first round. Thanks for playing that! There's a lot more content coming, and certainly at a faster pace than the timeframe between that first PoC and now.

Wolfschadowe.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby wodahSShadow » Tue, 15Mar24 02:07

Wolfschadowe wrote:Curious, I'm not seeing that on my local copy, running FireFox either on screen, or in the dev console. We are using typeof(Storage). Is it blocking your ability to play? If not, I'd still appreciate more info to try and track it down so that I can include a patch in the next version. IF so, try it out in Chrome, Safari, or IE. all are supported.

My copy uses "typeof sessionStorage", got it directly from the dropbox link.

I'm running Firefox 36.0.4, the error first happens when loading difficulty.htm and happens every time I try to select a difficulty. It also causes the dynamics-texts to stay visible in the buttons. Changing to typeof(Storage) fixes both problems. There is no error in Chrome since it's a Firefox security feature.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 03:21

wodahSShadow wrote:My copy uses "typeof sessionStorage", got it directly from the dropbox link.

I'm running Firefox 36.0.4, the error first happens when loading difficulty.htm and happens every time I try to select a difficulty. It also causes the dynamics-texts to stay visible in the buttons. Changing to typeof(Storage) fixes both problems. There is no error in Chrome since it's a Firefox security feature.
Yep, I confused my sessionStorage and Storage. We're using sessionStorage. Sorry for that.

The symptoms your describing seem to only come into effect if cookie security settings in Firefox are set higher than normal, such as "ask every time." There's some debate in security circles whether or not the Firefox implementation is actually a bug, or a feature, Technically it's a feature I guess, since it's by design in the current version but under review by the Mozilla staff to be changed in a later version.

Not really the place to get into a debate about Firefox, or any other browser, implementations of anything though. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img].

We'll look into seeing if typeof(storage) is a good solution and if so, incorporate it into the next version. Thanks for the tip!

In the meantime, lowering cookie settings to default may be a workaround if you don't want to use a different browser. The reason that you're seeing the error at the difficulty screen is because that's the first time the game tries to save a variable, in this case recording your difficulty level. All variables are stored first into localstorage if supported, with cookies as a fallback.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Tue, 15Mar24 04:04

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wolf is the most promising game developer ever.

What you've done on your first attempt is shockingly good. And what's coming is even more so. Congrats on the first release!

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Shepard » Tue, 15Mar24 06:03

Great great great absolutely REMARKABLE game, Wolf. Congrats on the release!

I'm very curious to see how the plotlines will merge at some points. This is the first time I've seen an adult game with such a compelling and interesting plot and, personally, I think you're a master at building sexual tension between the characters (I'm not sure that's the term, but I think I've made my point).

And for the record: Although Natalie is awesome, I really like Azumi. Can't wait to see more of her. :crazy:
Shepard
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 06:12

tlaero wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wolf is the most promising game developer ever.

What you've done on your first attempt is shockingly good. And what's coming is even more so. Congrats on the first release!
Thanks Tlaero! That means a lot!
Shepard wrote:Great great great absolutely REMARKABLE game, Wolf. Congrats on the release!

I'm very curious to see how the plotlines will merge at some points. This is the first time I've seen an adult game with such a compelling and interesting plot and, personally, I think you're a master at building sexual tension between the characters (I'm not sure that's the term, but I think I've made my point).
Point made! Thanks a lot Shepard! I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

Shepard wrote:And for the record: Although Natalie is awesome, I really like Azumi. Can't wait to see more of her. :crazy:
Noted and recorded in your Spectre file. [img]images/icones/icon1.gif[/img]

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Köpi » Tue, 15Mar24 09:03

Thank your for this awesome game.

Tlaero is right. Your game is really really good and I really enjoy playing it, even if I've am struggling a lot.

Someone wrote he played episode 1 years ago. I'm glad I've missed it and have my fun doubled now :)
There are clearly not enough games of this quality.

Just one question about the mechanics: Do you get the same points for the same actions on every difficulty?

I am kind of stuck at one scene and maybe someone can give me a hint, or answer three questions:

1. Is the best way to begin at the strip club to go to the bar?
2. Is there a way to do anything else then watching the stripper right after Natalie? Because it seems to me that I'm spending there to much time without getting any points...
3. How much points do you need on medium to take Natalie home?

If someone can think of a clue instead of answering the questions it'd be even better.

Greetings, Köpi ;)
Köpi
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 09:37

Köpi wrote:Thank your for this awesome game.
Thanks Köpi! I appreciate it!

Köpi wrote:Just one question about the mechanics: Do you get the same points for the same actions on every difficulty?

Yes, the points are the same. The difference is how those are displayed. Medium difficulty shows your overall reputation. Easy shows your individual relationship with each woman, which includes a factor of your overall reputation. Hard doesn't display a score. Also, thresholds for making progress are lower.
For standard story paths, on easy you need 60% of the maximum relationship, on medium you need 75%, and on Hard you need 90%.

And in answer to your questions.

Köpi wrote:1. Is the best way to begin at the strip club to go to the bar?
All three starts can lead to good endings, but starting at the stage won't reveal itself until later episodes. The "best" path depends on your goals.
Köpi wrote:2. Is there a way to do anything else then watching the stripper right after Natalie? Because it seems to me that I'm spending there to much time without getting any points...
If you are spending a lot of time watching the stripper after Natalie, you are probably missing something. Have you tried tipping Natalie a lot? IF you do it right, she might reward you.
Köpi wrote:3. How much points do you need on medium to take Natalie home?
You can't take anyone home in day 1, but if you treat everyone right, they might take care of you before you go. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

I hope that helps.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby kexter » Tue, 15Mar24 10:09

wodahSShadow wrote:I'm getting "SecurityError: The operation is insecure. _game.js:1279:0".

Thanks for the heads up. Though "typeof Storage" returns "object" in IE when sessionStorage is undefined for local-sessions, so it doesn't work there. Also it makes debug and bug-reporting stuff silently fail in Chrome.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby artorawley » Tue, 15Mar24 11:21

Great game so far, your work has certainly paid off in spades. I admire your aspirations of adding so much to the game via your planned episode updates and whole season's worth of updates, too. I'm not sure how long it will take for you to truly "complete" your game, but if you do manage to complete this without getting burned out then major props, as that's a hell of a hurdle to cross in long-term game development. I also noticed that the "Completed Humpday" achievement doesn't pop if you ask Natalie out for breakfast, but does if you stoneface her and just go home after. I can see the logic behind this, as the continuation of the date at the diner is "to be concluded" and thus Brad's Wednesday isn't actually completed, but on the other hand i can see how players could be confused as to why they didn't get the achievement as the credits begin to play and also I suppose Brad & Natalie would be having breakfast really early on Thursday. So, if it a bug? Your call, really, as it basically resolves itself when you release the Diner episode.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby wodahSShadow » Tue, 15Mar24 13:10

kexter wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Though "typeof Storage" returns "object" in IE when sessionStorage is undefined for local-sessions, so it doesn't work there. Also it makes debug and bug-reporting stuff silently fail in Chrome.

Perhaps the best solution is to catch the Firefox exception, it works for me and shouldn't affect the other browsers.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 16:17

artorawley wrote:Great game so far, your work has certainly paid off in spades. I admire your aspirations of adding so much to the game via your planned episode updates and whole season's worth of updates, too.--snip-- I also noticed that the "Completed Humpday" achievement doesn't pop if you ask Natalie out for breakfast, but does if you stoneface her and just go home after.
Thank you artorawly! I'm glad that you are enjoying the game.

About the achievement, that's a great observation! What you are describing is the intended design. The end of day achievements are based on sleep, and not the clock. In the event of an all-righter, it would trigger based on the sun coming up. Even though technically the clock says differently, If I go to bed a 3am, upon waking up, I still think of anything that happened at 2am as "yesterday" even though technically it happened "today." That's the philosophy here. On the path where you can continue to the diner scene, the player isn't going home to sleep yet.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar24 16:39

wodahSShadow wrote:Perhaps the best solution is to catch the Firefox exception, it works for me and shouldn't affect the other browsers.
Another good idea, although my concern with that approach is that it could generate cases where savegames won't work, but will instead fail silently in Firefox, That could also cause a scenario where variables won't assign, causing players to be forced to 0 scoring paths. That would be evidenced by selecting "hard" difficulty and still seeing a score line. This is really getting more into kexters domain though. I know just enough about such things to be dangerous. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I am happy to continue brainstorming the issue though. I understand why some would want to play these types of games at higher security settings as they are a good target for nefarious activities and would like to accommodate it if possible.

I'd appreciate it if you could use the bug report functionality from the in-game help menu and create a bug for this issue. That way you can track our progress on resolving the issue and also participate in it's resolution through the tool if you are so inclined. I'd prefer to keep this thread focused primarily on game-play questions and comments.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Henrik » Tue, 15Mar24 22:22

just wanted to echo everyone else's sentiments here.

this is the best-written game i've seen come along in aif since the early days of goblinboy, ariane, or some of tlaero and phreaky's stuff.

it's fantastic.

here's why, and other amateur designers, take note:

-we are not fucking from the moment the game starts. it's one of my biggest complaints about a lot of the LOP and S&G games, as well as others. these are all still adventure games at heart, just sexy adults-only versions of them. showing me full nudity and sex within five minutes of starting the game--unless you really know what you're doing--is in too many ways like showing me the final twenty minutes of a movie and then asking if i want to watch the rest. wolfshadowe (I'm calling you WS for short from now on in this post...) doles it out tastefully and mostly realistically here, and with a great deal of restraint.

-interesting female characters. there's a reason why arianeb is the biggest thing in popular aif. she's an interesting, funny, smart, outgoing character. all the romance-able characters here are three-dimensional and interesting and independent in their own ways. you can be funny and smart and enjoy sexytime a whole lot, but too often in aif the liking sex thing seems to be the sole defining characteristic. also, while we're talking about the fairer sex...

-the women actually look like women. i've tried to play chaotic's latests games, but the women are starting to look superdeformed in those games now.

-the one thing that WS does here that I don't think anyone else (except goblinboy, maybe) does, and especially no one else does in point/click aif is to put interesting choices with consequences into the sex scenes. pretty much everyone else's sex scenes (chaotic, lookin' right at you), are such a disappointment. you spend however much time to get to the sex, and then it's over in two minutes. (there's probably a message there, maybe.) i love that in BEW, your actions can either open up more, or close things off. more of this, please.

-there's actual writing, and just enough of it. it's a tough thing, in aif, balancing the wall of text and letting the art do the talking. this has a really nice balance, and the writing is very good.

great game wolfshadowe, tlaero, and anyone else involved in playing or testing this. eagerly await more.
Henrik
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games