Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E05 (2015-12-28)

Postby Siske » Mon, 16Aug29 06:27

First and the most important, my condolences. It's never easy to lose someone, the game can wait.

Second...Take your time, with work as good as this is, I don't mind waiting around a bit more, specially since you're doing more work at once than it was planed at first(some months ago:D)
Siske
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby JFR » Mon, 16Aug29 22:14

Ok, we just got the word. Wolfschadowe made a lengthy post on the forum explaining what is going to happen. Short version, there will be a new episode released this week.

Wolf has elected to push back the originally planned Episode 6 "new character inclusions" content to later - probably Episode 7 in a few months. He wants a little more time to polish it to the standard we have come to expect. In return, he is moving some other already completed content, planned for Episode 7, forward to be released as the new Episode 6 this week to keep his schedule for an August release. For those who are invested in the story-line and development of the game, he has explained how it all will work together and what will be coming next in his post on BradsEroticWeek.rocks/ .

For those who just want to play more of the game, watch for a full announcement from Wolfschadowe in the next couple of days.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Sep02 23:03

Episode 6 released just now. Available for d/l on the web site.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby xravensfan » Sat, 16Sep03 05:19

Awesome! Where do we need to start to find the new paths???
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 06:04

xravensfan wrote:Awesome! Where do we need to start to find the new paths???

The new content starts on Thursday after work. There are multiple options and paths to follow so you should have multiple save-game files for the different choices. In playing the beta, I got a pretty good idea of where it goes next but am still stumbling around a bit in a couple of cases.

Note, if you want to find the next steps yourself, do not open the "Spoiler" below.

Specifically, the primary new paths take you to Thursday night, either to the movie/dinner date with Emily or the call to Azumi before the date with Natalie. Those would be good saves to have on hand as starting points. ;)
JFR
star of the reef

Postby artorawley » Sat, 16Sep03 08:21

Hmm, haven't played this since January and I've since upgraded my OS. Any idea how to import my old saved games and achievements? I extracted the Episode 6 rar contents to my BEW folder with the old episodes 1-5 data inside and overwrote the old files inside with the new Ep 6 files. I was pretty close to unlocking the mastery bonus scenes before I gave up to the tedium, if I have to start all over again then I'll probably just stop playing this game altogether. :|
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 08:58

artorawley wrote:... Any idea how to import my old saved games and achievements? I extracted the Episode 6 rar contents to my BEW folder with the old episodes 1-5 data inside and overwrote the old files inside with the new Ep 6 files. ...

Oh boy! I hope you had copies of the saves and achievements someplace other than the game folder. If you ever exported them, they should be in your downloads folder (for Win. I don't know what it is called on Mac.) Also, if you ever played on-line in the BEW group, they will be saved there.

If you had no copies and didn't play on-line and then overwrote your saves, you may be out of luck. You could go to the Tech Support Forum at http://bradseroticweek.rocks/bewbb/viewforum.php?f=13 . Try asking for help there. Kexter might have a super-secret way to find that info but you may have hosed your saves and are quite possibly OOL. If it will help, there is now a feature that lists and keeps track of achievements fulfilled so it will be easier to rebuild them. You just hover the mouse pointer over the achievement in question.

Also, if it helps, the Bonus Scenes are not necessary to playing and succeeding at the game. They just add background and further expository information to enrichen the story. You don't really need them.

Good luck. Hope you can find that info.

Note to others. Either unzip to a new folder or Export your Saves and Achievements to another location before extracting. I am pretty insecure so have copies of those files in multiple locations on my HDD.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby artorawley » Sat, 16Sep03 10:20

Hmm, I definitely played at least Episode 5 with "Online Features" enabled on the main menu, but again I'm on a different OS and also I've moved since then so how exactly is my ID saved to match the client up with their cloud saves? Also, why in the holy blue hell does the update RAR have a file in it that will overwrite your previous saves? Why isn't save data stored in AppData or just in a general MyDocuments folder? Ugh.

Also, this is basically a visual novel and by locking out the bonus scenes it's like giving me a book to read and tearing out pages toward the end and saying "You don't really need them" and that's going to drive me nuts until I can read them. Even worse, to unlock those bonus scenes it's like I have to not only read the story as I normally would, but then I have to do it in all of these tedious different ways (backwards! in low light! with vowels missing! et cetera!). Double ugh.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby mugen24 » Sat, 16Sep03 10:29

Is there a way to get to the campus scene?
mugen24
great white shark

Postby rabbie » Sat, 16Sep03 10:35

Ahhh... Jasmine... always seeming in reach, but never there when i reach out [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby saca » Sat, 16Sep03 15:14

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the episode 6 just now and tried to use some of my saved games to try and get to the new content but it seems like there is nothing more than a few moments in emily's appartment available in that release.
Also, looking at the pictures in my BEW folder, I only see emily's appartment scene and something that seems to happen on a campus, which I have no idea how to get to.

Could someone tell me if there is some new content in that release apart from that please?

Thank you very much!
saca
Pilot fish

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 16:57

mugen24 wrote:Is there a way to get to the campus scene?

That is one of the two main paths playable in this release, so yes.
You meet Azumi at the campus after you call her from your apartment. It is on the "Natalie Corruption" path where you work together to get her into a 3-way.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 17:05

saca wrote:... I downloaded the episode 6 just now and tried to use some of my saved games to try and get to the new content but it seems like there is nothing more than a few moments in emily's appartment available in that release.
Also, looking at the pictures in my BEW folder, I only see emily's appartment scene and something that seems to happen on a campus, which I have no idea how to get to.

Could someone tell me if there is some new content in that release apart from that please? ...

I answered those above but again, there are two main paths followed in this episode.
The first is the scene at Emily's apartment when you arrive to pick her up for the movie and dinner date agreed to in Episode 5. The second is a meeting with Azumi at the campus to discuss the possibility of maneuvering Natalie into a 3-way. That scene starts here with a phone call to Azumi from Brad's apartment after work Thursday afternoon. You should have made a save-game there. It is on the so-called "Natalie Corruption" path.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 19:51

artorawley wrote:Hmm, I definitely played at least Episode 5 with "Online Features" enabled on the main menu, but again I'm on a different OS and also I've moved since then so how exactly is my ID saved to match the client up with their cloud saves? Also, why in the holy blue hell does the update RAR have a file in it that will overwrite your previous saves? Why isn't save data stored in AppData or just in a general MyDocuments folder? Ugh.

Also, this is basically a visual novel and by locking out the bonus scenes it's like giving me a book to read and tearing out pages toward the end and saying "You don't really need them" and that's going to drive me nuts until I can read them. Even worse, to unlock those bonus scenes it's like I have to not only read the story as I normally would, but then I have to do it in all of these tedious different ways (backwards! in low light! with vowels missing! et cetera!). Double ugh.

I am not sure just having "On-Line Features" on will be enough. I think you would need to have played on the game server but am not certain. Check with the programmers on the forum.

I don't disagree at all with your frustration at the achievement system. In fact, some of the patrons, including yours truly, are having a pretty disgruntled discussion right now in the patron-only forum on the discussion site. Your concerns are echoed among those who have followed and contributed to the game from the start and more recently. I don't know if it will do any good but we are trying to encourage some changes.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Sep03 20:13

mugen24 wrote:Is there a way to get to the campus scene?

One other interesting fact for fans of her work, Wolfschadowe revealed on the discussion forum that the Azumi-Campus scene in Episode 6 was written by tlaero. She writes girls' dialog better than anyone in the genre.

Big shout-out to tlaero for an interesting and engrossing character exposition and plot continuation.
JFR
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games