Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E05 (2015-12-28)

Postby JFR » Thu, 16Sep08 08:24

xravensfan wrote:Can't get the bathroom scene at the house with Emily.

Corrupt path, 69 points, she came with Faith watching, then came in the office, and jerked me off too... Then she kicks me out in the house...

You are close but not quite there.
You need at least 71 points when you enter the bathroom. That means at least 70 when you get to the apartment and choosing the correct conversation path after you get there. One will increase your score to 71 while others will lower her score by a point or keep it the same. Either will fail. If you get her up to at least 71 through conversation, she will still throw you out of the bathroom but will forgive you afterward.
JFR
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E06 (2016-09-02)

Postby Wolfschadowe » Thu, 16Sep08 16:37

I've finally had a chance to catch up on the posts here, and first of all, I'd like to thank JFR for keeping everyone here updated and helping out so much.

Thank you JFR!

There are three main areas that probably need some clarification:

1. Inclusions. As JFR already mentioned, patrons of the game voted to include Azumi, Jasmine, and Muirgheal (Season 2) as romanceable characters in the game. Original estimates, first given in the projects thread here on this forum were that each of the 3 possible inclusion characters would take 6 months to weave into the game. For BEW, this is a pretty complex operation, and the entire game framework had to be modified and rebalanced for the additional storylines. Each romanceable character in the game has 7-10 of their own unique storylines. These are in addition to Brad's overall story. In a novel, they would be considered character subplots, or B stories. So by adding three more supporting characters, we added 20-30 more stories to the game. It took close to 7 months just to get that all worked out, and the stories woven together and planned for the full 7 days of the game. When Episode 7 launches with the inclusion content, we'll see just the tip of the iceberg of the work.

2. Achievements The primary purpose of Achievements are to make sure of two things. First, any important information that can help understand the girls and the characterization is found, and Second, that the player is capable of reaching all 70-80 of the major endings of the game. Keep in mind, in the early days, some branches are very similar. An obvious example are two branches that start identically, up through Wednesday bar, with Faith joining in on the fun, but the branch comes with choosing a follow-up date at the bar, or the strip club, hence a sub-achievement for arranging a bar date, and a separate one for the Strip Club. Seems silly if you stop right at the bar scene, as it's just one click difference, but it makes a huge difference on Thursday. I ask that you keep that in mind when seeing future sub-achievements that seem only a one-click difference. What's really going on is that you are getting a hint that there is a more going on that is immediately obvious. Even the zero point endings have a purpose.

Some of the characters Brad can romance in Season 2 may have a significant number of stories blocked if he has a pre-existing relationship with characters introduced in Season 1. Clearing Season 1 with a low enough relationship can be a challenge.

3. Online Features The online features use bew.rocks/forum logins to activate. Online features are NOT required and are Opt-In. There are four functions of online features.
First: Occasionally at the main menu, there will be a vote button for a poll. This is open to everyone with or without a forum account and is anonymous.
Second: At some point, we may include a news feed of some kind on the menu screen.
Third: With a forum login, hotfix updates for critical bugs may be applied to the game via a cached web page. You will know this is happening if a + appears after the version number. (ie. 1.6.3 - No hotfix. 1.6.3+ - Hotfix applied)
Fourth: Intended primarily for patrons, Savegames and Achievements are automatically backed up to the server and stored (based on your bew forum username) and automatically restored. I believe this is currently operating for any forum members, but if the volume becomes burdensome for the server, it may be disabled for non-patrons at any time.

I hope that clears up some of these areas.

Finally:
tlaero wrote:I contributed a little bit here and there in BEW. It was fun.
Hey Tlaero! Definitely was fun working with you. You are always welcome to pop-in anytime. ;)
Loving your Tora games with Mortze! :)

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby moskys » Thu, 16Sep08 20:59

Wolfschadowe wrote:
1. Inclusions. Each romanceable character in the game has 7-10 of their own unique storylines. These are in addition to Brad's overall story. In a novel, they would be considered character subplots, or B stories. So by adding three more supporting characters, we added 20-30 more stories to the game.

2. Achievements The primary purpose of Achievements are to make sure of two things. First, any important information that can help understand the girls and the characterization is found, and Second, that the player is capable of reaching all 70-80 of the major endings of the game.

Some of the characters Brad can romance in Season 2 may have a significant number of stories blocked if he has a pre-existing relationship with characters introduced in Season 1. Clearing Season 1 with a low enough relationship can be a challenge.

Roughly translation: "And here it is my very own gothic cathedral, as for now you can only see a first glimpse of the rising towers and the flying buttress..." :crazy: [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

I'll pray for you (and your backup servers), Wolf

Seriously, if there's any 3D artist with some spare time and no projects in mind, please contact Wolfschadowe
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby jvit » Fri, 16Sep09 00:30

Hey Wolfschadowe, thanks for an amazing game!

I have managed to secure dates with Natalie and Faith for day 2, but after going home from the office I reach the end of the available content. Is this normal at this stage of the game (maybe I need to make my score higher) or am I missing some files? I downloaded 1.6.3
I post some of my renders here: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3589&start=30
jvit
lagoon predator

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 16Sep09 00:47

moskys wrote:Seriously, if there's any 3D artist with some spare time and no projects in mind, please contact Wolfschadowe
Please please Pleeeeeaaaase!!! I'll even give somm $$$ [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
jvit wrote:I have managed to secure dates with Natalie and Faith for day 2, but after going home from the office I reach the end of the available content.
For most paths, once you get home after work on Thursday (Day 2) most paths end. The excpetions are:
1. Picking up Emily for a dinner/movie date leads to a relatively short scene at Emily's apartment.
2. If Azumi gave you her number outside the Strip Club on Wednesday night, before taking Natalie for breakfast; you have the opportunity to call her. If successful in the call from your apartment Thursday after work., there is a scene with her on Campus.

Both scenes are relatively short for a single playthrough, but have 4-6 unique paths to find.

Remember, BEW is a WIDE game more than it's a LONG one. Lot's of different paths to find.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Sep09 01:10

Wolfschadowe wrote:...
1. Picking up Emily for a dinner/movie date leads to a relatively short scene at Emily's apartment.
2. If Azumi gave you her number outside the Strip Club on Wednesday night, before taking Natalie for breakfast; you have the opportunity to call her. If successful in the call from your apartment Thursday after work., there is a scene with her on Campus.

Wolf can say the scenes are short, and I guess they are but I guarantee you will not get through either and earn all the achievements in less than half a dozen play-throughs each. A few are pretty tricky.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby ssb1021 » Fri, 16Sep09 02:28

I've been very neglectful with dedicated worker, just finally got it to 8/9. all i need is dedicated worker 6, ruin the date after making out. for the life of me i can't figure is out, an i have even consulted the handy dandy walkthrough which shows all but number 6. can anyone help a brother out?
ssb1021
sirens hunter

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E05 (2015-12-28)

Postby xravensfan » Fri, 16Sep09 05:50

JFR wrote:
xravensfan wrote:Can't get the bathroom scene at the house with Emily.

Corrupt path, 69 points, she came with Faith watching, then came in the office, and jerked me off too... Then she kicks me out in the house...

You are close but not quite there.
You need at least 71 points when you enter the bathroom. That means at least 70 when you get to the apartment and choosing the correct conversation path after you get there. One will increase your score to 71 while others will lower her score by a point or keep it the same. Either will fail. If you get her up to at least 71 through conversation, she will still throw you out of the bathroom but will forgive you afterward.

Now 73 pts before I enter her apartment...
She still throws me out and ends the date. Not sure of the route, I think I have taken all 3.
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 16Sep09 06:44

xravensfan wrote:Now 73 pts before I enter her apartment...

Faith has to join Brad and Emily in the bar. This causes Emily to feel adventurous enough for other things later, such as tolerating a bathroom incident the next day at home. Brad will always get thrown out of the bathroom, the difference is if she is mad about it and ends the date or not.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Sep09 06:52

Sorry xravensfan, my mistake -
I missed where you did not ask Faith to join. :(
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Nathaniel5 » Fri, 16Sep09 09:25

Does anyone know why I can't play it on Safari? I played the earlier episodes on Safari and it worked fine, but I downloaded the newest version and I get this message.

Initializing...
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/600.5.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.5 Safari/600.5.17
Preferred languages: [en-us]
Current search path: file:///Users//Downloads/BEW-S01E06/
Loading Files/_game.js...
[Line 0:0] Script error.
... Files/_game.js loaded.

It works fine on Google Chrome, but I prefer to use Safari.
Nathaniel5
sirens hunter

Postby Issho » Fri, 16Sep09 13:55

Wolfschadowe wrote:
moskys wrote:Seriously, if there's any 3D artist with some spare time and no projects in mind, please contact Wolfschadowe
Please please Pleeeeeaaaase!!! I'll even give somm $$$ [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Wolfschadowe

Honestly, after reading this, I thought (as a student of business adminstration) what a great investment it would be, to offer render servers for artists like you and the others. After googleling, I knew, that I had to eliminate this idea and the million of dollars I already dreamed about.

If you´re really determined to even pay for guys, to help you with your renders and to speed up the rendering time, than I would suggest, that you look for companies, who offer their servers in rendering. Just search for them in google and check out their prices. There are some.
Issho
great white shark

Postby Asdref » Sat, 16Sep10 15:31

Increasingly disappointed with this game. I understand absolutely nothing. I see no difference between episode 5 and 6.

I think the game is unnecessarily difficult. It is impossible to understand how the game works: can we see all the scenes , or are there many stories possible? (if we seduce one girl, can we seduce an other one?).

I really appreciate the work done, but I am unable to play this game.

I just think that I have lost patience with the games that contain too many possibilities : we can not orient us and we never know how to unlock a scene.

But I must admit that for me, a game must entertain us , it should not be an ordeal. I know that for some people a game must be synonymous with puzzle to be solved . Not for me. This is probably the reason for my disappointment for the game.

Maybe it will get better with the next episode .
Asdref
sirens hunter

Postby Happy tie » Sat, 16Sep10 16:11

The cool thing about this game, is that there all those possibilities and options, just as in real life, and you can f**k things up without a chance to restore your errors. It is much more fun than a game where you just have to smile, compliment, buy present and bingo. I like it because the goal is clear, but not the path to reach it.
My deepest respect for getting such a game together.
Happy tie
Pilot fish

Postby lucaskent123456 » Sat, 16Sep10 17:15

First of all, I wanna say that I've been following this game for a long time, I love it and I appreciate all the effort Wolf has been doing all these years.

That out of the way, I must say that this last episode was a little of a letdown for me. I really wanted to see more interaction with Jasmine or Azumi, or maybe even go to the date with Emily and Faith, but then I read that Wolf had some rough time these last few weeks so I totally understand. The game is free so I really can't complain.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks Wolf for this amazing game! If it's driving you mad because of all the possibilities you want to add, don't stress about it and make it a little more simple. I'm sure everyone will still appreciate it a lot.

I'm looking forward to the next episode! Hope we can get a little more action haha
lucaskent123456
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games