Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby wllwf » Thu, 16Sep08 08:09

iksanabot wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
dauner wrote: Keep in mind, Leo's first language is not English. As the voice of the company, he has to try his best to make his posts as clear as possible, and it's hard when your are posting in another language, so it really does take him a lot of time, and it's a big time demand at exactly the wrong time: often when he's trying to finish a release. You may say you want him to hire someone else, but that would cost money, for one, and also, I think Leo likes being the voice of LOP: it's his company, and he built it from scratch. He's worked hard and made a great success of himself and he loves his company. So you can understand that he wants to do the posts, and that often he won't post when he's too busy to spend 30-60 minutes trying to translate what he wants to say into English.
iksanabot

Wow, Leo's native language is not English? So does this mean he is Italian ? lol. He lives in Europe?What about other LOP people? They work in the same country or contact with Internet? Im dying for LWT2. LOP gold games are becoming bigger and bigger. Maybe should cut one huge game into several parts. Release one part at least in a month.
wllwf
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Thu, 16Sep08 13:45

bing6541 wrote: If the monthly recurring charge ($15.99 on Epoch, $9.99 on CCBill) is too much of a financial burden, there might be bigger issues to obsess over than the release date of a game.

Typically bars and the entertainment industry do quite well during recessions. When people have no money they often look for escapes from their situation. Hollywood did very well during the great depression and video games were one of the first industries to bounce back after the 2007-2009 subprime mortgage crisis. When it did start to bounce back though, most of the big companies started chasing the pre 2007 numbers they used to have and used that as a benchmark of success. This is when you started to see a lot more shadier practices and overt attempts of trying to milk their consumers out of their money (I'm looking at you Electronic Arts), which did erode consumer confidence a bit and contributed to some of the distrust of video game developers and some of the toxic environments on video game blogs (although internet toxicity is by no means an invention on the 2007 financial crisis).

I know it doesn't make logical sense as you'd think you'd cut down on luxuries during tough times but people's thinking tends to get more short term when the long term prognosis is uncertain or bleak and your spending habits tend to be "what will make me feel better now" rather than "what will make me more secure in the future". It used to be thought that poor people just had poor self control and that was why they were poor, but studying data from times when people from higher economic classes came down to lower classes (such as in the 2007 housing crisis) it showed that thinking tended to get more short term. This was also a global economic phenomena so you could get data worldwide and not just data from certain countries or areas (like in areas that were not exclusively just North America and western Europe for example). Some psychologists think this is a biological phenomena and that your brain switches to a short term survival mode when resources become scares e to survive until a time when resources become more abundant.

So in short, when people are poor they look for immediate gratification rather than long term gratification and can become very upset if that immediate gratification is interrupted or interfered with. I'm not saying everyone raging on the Lesson of Passion blog is a poor person (some are just jerks that want to ruin someone's day and take the opportunity to do so when it presents itself) but many are very invested in the game for various reasons which we are not in a position to understand and this could be one of those reasons. At the same time while you may be better able to understand where someone is coming from, they still don't have the right to attack others and that behavior still should be discouraged.

Personally my feelings are that there is only one argument that needs to be on the Lesson of Passion blog right now, and that argument is Team Lisa vs. Team Tracy. So let me go on record by saying...

TEAM TRACY!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby dauner » Thu, 16Sep08 13:52

Pfff, filthy Tracy Pleb.... [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

LISA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!l
dauner
sirens hunter

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Sep08 15:09

iksanabot wrote:Last update from Leo (I think) on the blog was "this month", but I'm GUESSING it will be sooner than 14 days, provided no one gets sick, or dies, which can delay things unexpectedly (and has in the past).

Best regards to all of you, and thanks for the show of support on the blog.
iksanabot

This is something nobody really thinks about... Sorry to hear that, I hope everyone is well now.

Skelaturi wrote:@iksanabot
Also i am going to miss the "when is LwT2 coming out?" talk in every single blog post after it's released, so i am going to start the LwT3 club already.

|

You made me smile and laugh, and... Yes, the LwT3 club is needed, even only to keep people's anger focused on something. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Thu, 16Sep08 15:31

wllwf wrote:
iksanabot wrote:
dauner wrote: Keep in mind, Leo's first language is not English. As the voice of the company, he has to try his best to make his posts as clear as possible, and it's hard when your are posting in another language, so it really does take him a lot of time, and it's a big time demand at exactly the wrong time: often when he's trying to finish a release. You may say you want him to hire someone else, but that would cost money, for one, and also, I think Leo likes being the voice of LOP: it's his company, and he built it from scratch. He's worked hard and made a great success of himself and he loves his company. So you can understand that he wants to do the posts, and that often he won't post when he's too busy to spend 30-60 minutes trying to translate what he wants to say into English.
iksanabot

Wow, Leo's native language is not English? So does this mean he is Italian ? lol. He lives in Europe?What about other LOP people? They work in the same country or contact with Internet? Im dying for LWT2. LOP gold games are becoming bigger and bigger. Maybe should cut one huge game into several parts. Release one part at least in a month.

I'm pretty sure he is polish.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby stcro1 » Thu, 16Sep08 15:52

so on the new post on blog leo gave a definite release date,so guys the wait is practically over

regarding
Personally my feelings are that there is only one argument that needs to be on the Lesson of Passion blog right now, and that argument is Team Lisa vs. Team Tracy. So let me go on record by saying...

TEAM TRACY!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i always was a sucker for a redhead :D
stcro1
great white shark

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Sep08 15:56

master110 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is polish.

Me too, there are at least a couple of things that made me think like that :)

Anyway... In all LOP games there are features that made you think they're european.
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby chrispool » Thu, 16Sep08 15:58

stcro1 wrote:i always was a sucker for a redhead :D

Lisa is hot as hell of course, but Team Tracy Forever !
chrispool
lagoon predator

Postby SENTENZA1138 » Thu, 16Sep08 16:04

NEW INFO CHECK LOP BLOG
"I'm happy to announce that development of LWT2 is almost complete.

We were extensively testing this game for 2-3 weeks now and it looks like that we were able to get rid of all serious issues. iksanabot and agrippa – thanks for your great support.

During those last days we were also adding new images, modifying some texts and tweaking existing scenes to make LWT2 as adorable experience as everybody are anticipating it.

I still need a few days to verify if everything works as intendent but finally I’m able to give you official LWT2 release date:
13 September 2016." [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
SENTENZA1138
sirens hunter

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Sep08 16:26

Happy for all those who were complaining, sad for me... I won't be able to play it till the end of september [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] :( due to work.

I hate not playing it in the first days, sigh.

By the way they did a great work and delayed just two weeks respect of their first forecast.

Enjoy it for me too!
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Thu, 16Sep08 23:36

saolo996 wrote:
master110 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is polish.

Me too, there are at least a couple of things that made me think like that :)

Anyway... In all LOP games there are features that made you think they're european.

Who ever sent the insiders email to me was polish , I assumed that was Leo.

@ the Topic. LWT2 release date 13th September.

http://blog.lessonofpassion.com/2016/09 ... /#comments
master110
lagoon predator

Postby ares » Fri, 16Sep09 04:02

Quick question: is this game being released with a plan already in place to add events to it in the future à la Eleanor 2?
ares
great white shark

Postby jk103 » Fri, 16Sep09 05:54

iksanabot wrote:
dauner wrote:I agree that over half of the comments in the blog are unnessecary and mean, but one problem shined through, which is lack of clarity and communication.
Only after Leo and iksanabot made their long posts everyone knew what was going on, not the same old blog entires which don't tell you anything new other than it takes longer, but not really why.
I don't mind at all that making the game takes longer, i just want some more info about the process and the problems.
Just a few more lines of text so that everyone gets why it takes longer and they can't go faster than they are already going.

I can see your point. I think some of the rage is also due to the monetization system, specifically that it is a subscription based model. I'm one of those people who only subscribes when there is something new to play then I cancel my subscription, as I think many other people do. I'm sure there are some people who planned it so they subscribed when they heard Living With Temptation 2 was going to be released soon to play some of the other games on Lesson of Passion until Living With Temptation 2 is released. Now those people are wondering if their subscription will expire by the time it is released. If you're on a budget this could be a distressing situation for you, as you may not be able to resubscribe when it actually is released. Again, like you said, if there was more substance in the blog posts then that person would be in a better position to judge when is the best time to subscribe. Also, if you are constantly misjudging when the best time is to subscribe due to lack of information, you could start to become resentful toward the Lesson of Passion crew and have the perception that the lack of information is intentional in order to milk money out of you. Judging by what I have seen with the business practice of Lesson of Passion I doubt this is the reason for the lack of information and delays, as they have been very responsive to player feedback after releasing a game and seem to want to please their customers, but I can see how it could be perceived that way.

This has made me think a bit. I never pictured anyone actually subscribing BEFORE the release in anticipation of the release, balanced with the desire to play some of the older games for a while. I haven't seen the subscription data, but from what I understand, subscriptions spike at a release, and then don't get renewed, typically. I don't think there is any smaller spike in subscriptions before the release, or following announcements, but I suppose even though most people aren't doing this, some are, and maybe those few that buy in advance of a release are more justified in feeling angry. However, LOP rarely, if ever, makes any kind of "hard" deadline announcement (unless release is coming the next day or within the week), so there really isn't much more we can do to avoid customers assuming a release is going to be out before the subscription they are thinking of buying runs out. An important factor to consider is that the longer the estimate of a release date is into the future, the less definite it is. If Leo says "probably this year" and there are 6 months left in the year, then no one should be buying a month long subscription expecting that they will be able to play a new game within the month. If Leo says "probably next month" then it's a huge risk to assume the game will come out within 30 days, because depending on the time of month the announcement is made, "next month" could include 60 days into the future. If Leo says "in about two weeks, now we are getting within an estimation range that implies greater precision, and going by that information, I can imagine someone assuming the game will at least be out within 30 days, and so they could buy a subscription now and it would still be active when the new game is released. In this circumstance I think a customer would be justified to be angry, but the thing is, I don't think that LOP has ever projected a release date "within two weeks", and then not delivered within 30 days. So I don't think that the circumstance under which a customer could be justifiably angry has ever actually occurred. The frustration is understandable, but the anger is not justified. Once more: though I recognize that someone may feel angry or frustrated that they took a risk that the game would be out within 30 days and then it wasn't, I don't feel they are justifiably angry at LOP, unless LOP gave information that logically should lead one to believe the game would definitely be out within 30 days.

I do recognize that the "next month" circumstance is a gray area, but still, very few people are buying subscriptions after Leo makes an announcement like "probably next month", so the angriest people really don't represent a lot of people at all, and it's hard to feel sorry for them when all they do is rage and attack without any admission that they may be more at fault than Leo in the matter.

I'm running out of time, and I wanted to say one other thing. I agree that LOP could be well served to have weekly announcements. I'd like to limit images that are included to only one, or two, and just a paragraph saying what is being coded, and what is next in line. But I understand why Leo does not do that. For one, the times when people are screaming for updates is usually the busiest times, and the posts do take a lot of time form actually working on the game. Keep in mind, Leo's first language is not English. As the voice of the company, he has to try his best to make his posts as clear as possible, and it's hard when your are posting in another language, so it really does take him a lot of time, and it's a big time demand at exactly the wrong time: often when he's trying to finish a release. You may say you want him to hire someone else, but that would cost money, for one, and also, I think Leo likes being the voice of LOP: it's his company, and he built it from scratch. He's worked hard and made a great success of himself and he loves his company. So you can understand that he wants to do the posts, and that often he won't post when he's too busy to spend 30-60 minutes trying to translate what he wants to say into English.

Anyway, I'm not sure how he will feel about it, but I will offer him my help with regular blog posts, so maybe we can start to reduce this kind of mess on the blog comments.

No time to proof read this post guys, it might be a garble of crap.

Last update from Leo (I think) on the blog was "this month", but I'm GUESSING it will be sooner than 14 days, provided no one gets sick, or dies, which can delay things unexpectedly (and has in the past).

Best regards to all of you, and thanks for the show of support on the blog.
iksanabot

If you expect people to buy a subscription after a release and immediately cancel it anyway, why are you offering your games as a subscription service in the first place? Just sell them like a normal product. Offering a monthly subscription for a service that doesn't provide monthly content seems like you're trying to milk people who are too generous, too lazy, or too naive to cancel. As far as I can tell there is zero benefit to subscribing long term, you're just arbitrarily charging some of your customers 3-4 times more for the same service.
jk103
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep09 12:22

SENTENZA1138 wrote:NEW INFO CHECK LOP BLOG
"I'm happy to announce that development of LWT2 is almost complete.

We were extensively testing this game for 2-3 weeks now and it looks like that we were able to get rid of all serious issues. iksanabot and agrippa – thanks for your great support.

During those last days we were also adding new images, modifying some texts and tweaking existing scenes to make LWT2 as adorable experience as everybody are anticipating it.

I still need a few days to verify if everything works as intendent but finally I’m able to give you official LWT2 release date:
13 September 2016." [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

God I'm nervous. I don't think this game could ever live up to the hype...
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep09 12:24

ares wrote:Quick question: is this game being released with a plan already in place to add events to it in the future à la Eleanor 2?

If it goes well, I will write an expansion. I don't know if Leo is thinking of adding scenes one at a time - I think it would be more like the first LWT, and we'd just add it all at once. I left lots of "bookmarks" in the game for scenes I wanted to write but left for an expansion because it was already so big.
iksanabot
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games