Lesson of Passion GOLD

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Lesson of Passion GOLD

Postby Arden » Sat, 16Mar12 21:58

Give them big enough budget and I am sure they could do that, alot of people seem to think these guys are like EA or something.
Arden
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 16Mar13 02:03

Arden wrote:Give them big enough budget and I am sure they could do that, alot of people seem to think these guys are like EA or something.

Actually it's because they aren't EA is why I think it would be a good idea. It would be labor intensive to start but would make pumping out content easier in the long run. People who do this as a hobby like the people who make Date Arienne and Brad's Erotic Week can put out fairly complex games. This is just that on a grander scale.

Ok here's an example. Imagine your game starts at a high school graduation house party (like Sex and Glory's House Party for example). You start the game with some points to divide up for character creation. Perhaps some of those points can be spent on traits for your character. You could buy a trait called Casanova, which means you had a lot of relationships in high school, or Criminal, which means you spent some time in Juvie, or Science Nerd and on and on. So throughout the house party, pretty much everything looks the same. The same girls are there, the same art assets, the same everything. The difference is that you can get different dialogue options and different hotspots unlock due to your skills and traits. So basically you're reusing the majority of your art assets for three different games. Then after the party you move into the city and can do a multitude of things. Same situation as the house party, the city consists of the same locations, the same girls, etc. but with different options due to previous dialogue selections and character trait and skill selections. You could end up meeting Serena from Living with Serena and eventually move in with her and play a similar storyline from that game, but then in a bar meet the swinging couple from Hot Wife 2. Or you could move in with Brittney from Living with Britney and meet that swinging couple there as well. Or you could choose to have a baby with one of the girls and a hot nanny moves in and boom, you're now playing Living With Temptation.

Anyway, this way you can add complexity and replayability by having different characters able to move to different games while using your art assets as efficiently as possible. People also replay the game with different traits after they're done one playthrough to see what they missed or what they can do with different stats. People stay subscribed longer because when the game has more sandbox qualities they will waste time to muck around and see what they can figure out. The subscriptions that would normally be just a month then gone stay for two or three months (or even longer, as another quality that sandbox games have is that players become attached to their characters because they feel they created them on their own). If the plan is on using a subscription model then this is the best way to take advantage of it. It gives the players as much to do as you can while being as efficient with your resources as possible.

Maybe Skyrim was a bad example to describe it. Perhaps "Maniac Mansion on Crack" would be a better comparison.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Guntag » Sun, 16Mar13 23:29

I actually wouldn't mind if they reused art to make new free games as long as they make different stories and interesting gameplay.

What you are suggesting, Joe, is beyond the scope of what LoP is doing for free though, even with reused art. The only way they could do it for free would be by upgrading it progessively. For example, they start with the House Party game, then later they add an other branch, and over the years it could become something big and awesome. However that kind of game (and other LoP games actually) would need some kind of improved save system. This is something they should really work on for all their games in general.
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Dasati » Mon, 16Mar14 11:57

Actually according to the blog, the next sexandglory game, Room Mates will have a new save system.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 16Mar14 12:19

okay, i see people combining sex and glory and lesson of passion games. Now while as a whole you can say they are 1 team, there is a difference. It's the same as saying d EA is Bioware. Yes Bioware part of EA , but not the other way around.

And keep in mind these older games have older images, when combined you'll see the differences. Heard them say plenty of times they are not going to redo older content, they rather make new stories.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby zitrojj » Tue, 16May03 10:17

I am sure my question has been answered. But i havent seen it. There will be lwt2?

Maybe tracy and her husband move to Canada to start over their relationship. And careers. A scandal because of the gangbang or swinger club could be the reason.

In Canada will meet again with lisa. Her boyfriend could visit her and they could swing again. Sandy could also visit lisa.

Well... Please i am waiting for the 2nd part.
But take your time. It is better to wait for an elaborated game than a good graphic but straight and lineal game.
Kind regards.
PS. I never thought i was gonna pay for this games. But here i am... :p
zitrojj
Pilot fish

Postby wicked035 » Tue, 16May03 10:40

zitrojj wrote:I am sure my question has been answered. But i havent seen it. There will be lwt2?

LWT2 should be out soon. Its about Justin and Tracy going to vacation to Justine's cousin with Lisa as babysitter.
wicked035
great white shark

Postby saolo996 » Tue, 16May03 12:38

wicked035 wrote:
zitrojj wrote:I am sure my question has been answered. But i havent seen it. There will be lwt2?

LWT2 should be out soon. Its about Justin and Tracy going to vacation to Justine's cousin with Lisa as babysitter.

If you check the blog (Lessons of Passion's one...) you can read about it and see some renderings.
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby zitrojj » Tue, 16May03 14:38

Thx a lot. I will.
Looking forward to play it.
:-)
zitrojj
Pilot fish

Postby MickeyMouse1 » Sun, 16Jul10 21:54

Dasati wrote:Actually according to the blog, the next sexandglory game, Room Mates will have a new save system.

I started playing it and it does have a save mode but like so many things in the LOP Gold or the other LOP the time constraints and the need to make some kind of money put a damper on some if not much of the action. Ran out of time and money for sexy dress that sort of thing.
MickeyMouse1
great white shark

Postby Dasati » Sun, 16Jul10 23:14

That's part of the replayability of the games, they meant to be played several times over to find the best route of doing things.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby MalleckM » Mon, 16Jul11 12:40

LWT2 is probably most wanted. Rest of their games really boring. This new roommates - waste of time. (personal opinion). Nothing interesting really.
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Jul14 15:12

MalleckM wrote:LWT2 is probably most wanted. Rest of their games really boring. This new roomates - waste of time. (personal opinion). Nothing interesting really.

Well... What is your statement based on? An online survey? A lot of private messages you received about it?
I think it's an error to relativize everything to ourselves.
The fact you want it more than Ele2 or other games doesn't mean this is the common opinion.

For this year LoP planned to releas the sequel of two of its most appreciated games: Ele2 and LwT2, plus the developing of some new games, are you sure their games are really so boring or it's just you wanted LwT2 so much you were not able to enjoy the others?

I enjoyed a lot LwS2, just to say...
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Thu, 16Jul14 17:59

@MalleckM roomates = roommates
@Saolo996 oline = online

I fixed it this time for you both, but for everyone remind the spelling. If your uncertain get a spellchecker for your browser.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 16Jul14 18:06

It was a typo, not a spelling mistake.
:)
saolo996
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games