Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Eldormain » Sun, 17Jan22 19:06

I wouldn't be surprised if they get that cleaned up or a better way to do it. It would be nice to keep as many resources as you could from earlier versions.

I wanted to touch bases with all of you who have offered input to my inquiry. After, what, four days of going back and forth I finally handed the cash over. I went with Vic and Mic 7. After messing with the program a bit more I ended up pushing some more cash over for the various morphs. Plus, some other odds and ends to help with the creative process. I probably dropped more then I should have but I feel very comfortable with this starting point. Now it's just a matter of taking the time to "Delve!" delve delve delve (echo - 10 points for anyone who can get the obscure reference. It's 100% okay if you don't. You all have already helped so much).

Cheers,

Eldormain
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
User avatar
Eldormain
great white shark
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu, 17Jan12 03:53
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Jan22 19:09

Eldormain wrote: I probably dropped more then I should have

Welcome to the darkness...
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mik » Sun, 17Jan22 19:34

@ Mortze

just to give you an idea about the results V4 vs G2F...

Image


But as I wrote some posts ago (the one with the links to the morphing products for V4 to G3F [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] ) and Lady Tlearo suggested I prefer to try the morphs myself... ;)
User avatar
Mik
great white shark
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 16Oct17 18:26
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Sarchx » Sun, 17Jan22 20:29

Mortze wrote:
Eldormain wrote: I probably dropped more then I should have

Welcome to the darkness...


It's a bottomless pit!
Sarchx
User avatar
Sarchx
great white shark
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu, 16Jun09 16:44
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mik » Sun, 17Jan22 20:35

That's why they lure you with a free render program... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
User avatar
Mik
great white shark
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 16Oct17 18:26
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Jan23 00:00

I spent a total of 5 hours figuring how to migrate Chloe to Genesis 3. It wasn't easy because she has some custom morphs. I also had to improvise with the tattoo since it's a layered image.
I don't think she is 100% the same. There simply are morphs in V4 that doesn't exist in Genesis and vice-versa. But I have to say that in terms of movement and morphs possibilities Genesis 3 is far better.

I don't think that I'd need a product to use V4 hair, clothes and props on Genesis 3. There is already that option in the software when you load a Gen4 content to Genesis 3. Works with Michael 4 stuff too.
With hair, actually, I don't think it matters if it's V4/M4 or Genesis. I've been buying some Genesis 3 and Genesis 2 hair for quite some time and using it with V4/M4. I think Miranda used one Genesis 3 hair at one point.

I'll definitely consider migrating to Genesis 3 for future projects. That is, if Erogenesis doesn't release his Project E figure soon.

Image
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jan23 00:55

O. M. F. G

The thought of Mortze using Genesis 3 characters gives me shivers. Shivers!

And that picture of Chloe ... gasp.

Someone pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Ehlanna » Mon, 17Jan23 02:26

tlaero wrote:O. M. F. G

The thought of Mortze using Genesis 3 characters gives me shivers. Shivers!

And that picture of Chloe ... gasp.

Someone pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Tlaero

Sure thing - can I pick where to pinch ..? ;)
User avatar
Ehlanna
star of the reef
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu, 10Apr22 23:00
Location: Looking out the screen at you ... ;)

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Jan23 02:32

Image

You're welcome.

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
User avatar
Eldormain
great white shark
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu, 17Jan12 03:53
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 17Jan23 03:21

Mortze wrote:I spent a total of 5 hours figuring how to migrate Chloe to Genesis 3. It wasn't easy because she has some custom morphs. I also had to improvise with the tattoo since it's a layered image.
I don't think she is 100% the same. There simply are morphs in V4 that doesn't exist in Genesis and vice-versa. But I have to say that in terms of movement and morphs possibilities Genesis 3 is far better.

I don't think that I'd need a product to use V4 hair, clothes and props on Genesis 3. There is already that option in the software when you load a Gen4 content to Genesis 3. Works with Michael 4 stuff too.
With hair, actually, I don't think it matters if it's V4/M4 or Genesis. I've been buying some Genesis 3 and Genesis 2 hair for quite some time and using it with V4/M4. I think Miranda used one Genesis 3 hair at one point.

I'll definitely consider migrating to Genesis 3 for future projects. That is, if Erogenesis doesn't release his Project E figure soon.


We all will appreciate that

I believe that when you finish migrating you will spend much less time to build your scenes, which means more games
User avatar
MaxCarna
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed, 16Jun15 06:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Jan23 16:43

MaxCarna wrote:I believe that when you finish migrating you will spend much less time to build your scenes, which means more games

Why? The most time spending on each scene is with the posing and the rendering. Since I don't use preset poses and preset expressions I don't see why I would take less time to make each pic. On the contraire since I must study Genesis 3 from scratch unlike V4/M4 which I am used to work with.
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mik » Mon, 17Jan23 18:20

@ Mortze

Nice, but do you really want to leave poor old Victoria 4 after having fun with her all these years...? [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

P.S. Did you use the linked product for the texture transfer, I've seen there is a Blacksmith program which offers the V4 to G3F but has also an addon for M4 texture transfer...?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/bla ... er/101170/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4- ... er/113499/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/v4- ... er/112851/
User avatar
Mik
great white shark
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 16Oct17 18:26
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Jan23 19:51

Mik wrote:Nice, but do you really want to leave poor old Victoria 4 after having fun with her all these years...?

I don't know. As I said I will leave every other figure behind the moment Erogenesis releases his new figure. But for now I'm experimenting with Genesis 3 Female.

I used the Legacy UV's product shared here. Since it works, although with a lengthy process, I'm happy with it.

Elsa's new face (and body)

Image
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 17Jan24 00:56

Mortze wrote:Why? The most time spending on each scene is with the posing and the rendering. Since I don't use preset poses and preset expressions I don't see why I would take less time to make each pic. On the contraire since I must study Genesis 3 from scratch unlike V4/M4 which I am used to work with.


Well, definitely my experience was worse then yours, as novice that I'm. With V4, sometimes the clothes undocks when you apply one pose to the figure. Definitely they went wrong whem I applied morphs like muscularity, I spent a lot of time changing the clothes shape to fix.

Also the smart painel is a great accelerator to find items related to context, V4 items almost never showed up on the smart painel. At end I find it more easy to make poses on Genesis 3.

I find it more easy to make poses on Genesis 3, the figures load faster.

But was just a guess, in case you adapting yourself to genesis 3 you will have much more arguments than me to compare
User avatar
MaxCarna
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed, 16Jun15 06:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby tlaero » Tue, 17Jan24 06:24

Mortze wrote:Elsa's new face


More and more excited...

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

PreviousNext

Return to The workshop of creators

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

eXTReMe Tracker