DAZ3D - Beginner Questions

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: DAZ3D - Beginner Questions

Postby Mik » Fri, 17Feb10 05:33

Don't mess up "character creation" morphs which you will find under the actor node in the parameters tab, with movement morphs, which you will find under the pose control node.....and creating universal movement morphs for characters with different "body proportions" is sometimes hard to do or even impossible.

Take a look at daz 3D D-Formers might be a good idea if you plan to do erotic stuff, so you are able to do morphing things, which are not offered in the shops, e.g. realistic states of clothing removal or hands under clothes etc.....
Mik
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Eldormain » Sat, 17Feb11 08:58

Thanks, Mik. This is something I will need to look into more so I have a better understanding of the differences between them. So far as I have been altering character I have been using the options under shaping and then posing. Thus far I haven't messed with anything under the parameters tab save for the tutorials.

I appreciate all the replies, feedback, suggestions, and advice from everyone. It's been a big help. Cheers.

What's the word on post production? What version of Photoshop are people using? Or are you using something else? I suppose since the DAZ program has the Photoshop bridge that would be the smarter program to use. I guess my question would be which version of Photoshop is needed? Is Elements enough or would we need more? It's been several years since I have interacted with Photoshop.

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Feb12 23:14

Eldormain wrote:What's the word on post production? What version of Photoshop are people using? Or are you using something else? I suppose since the DAZ program has the Photoshop bridge that would be the smarter program to use. I guess my question would be which version of Photoshop is needed? Is Elements enough or would we need more? It's been several years since I have interacted with Photoshop.

Now I'm using Photoshop CS5. But when I made DwE I used Photoshop Elements. I don't feel the need to use Daz' Photoshop Bridge.
I'm very happy with Photoshop.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Tue, 17Feb21 03:20

Hello again. My learning process continues. I feel I am not moving as fast as I like because I am working on the written story, DAZ3D 4.9, Sweet Home 3D (a little) and thinking about Blender. I still haven't decided on which version of Photoshop I want to use, or would be best/wisest.

But for now I am having trouble syncing skin tone with the Dicktator add-on and the characters original skin. There are supposed to be 3 mini-tutorials that I am not finding either. Any finger pointing or help would be great.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Eldormain » Sun, 17Mar05 14:37

Hello,

I have come across some texture items saying that either photoshop or a graphics program is required. It usually references .jpg or .png files. How does this work? What part of the process is the graphics program required?

Eldormain

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Mar05 21:10

Eldormain wrote:I have come across some texture items saying that either photoshop or a graphics program is required. It usually references .jpg or .png files. How does this work? What part of the process is the graphics program required?

Could you give us context? I'm not understanding what you're asking.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Mar06 05:23

Glad to.

http://www.daz3d.com/texture-bank-vol-11-bath-time

Under Notes at the bottom it has: "This product requires any Graphics Program that supports JPGs and PNGs."

And I have sometimes seen references to needing Photoshop in the notes section, too.

Eldormain

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Mar06 16:40

I think those are "brushes" to apply over other textures. Imagining you have a wooden floor texture, you will apply those bubbles texture over the wooden floor texture. There's a native way to do that in DAZ with the Image Layer Editor but it's very limited and not precise. With Photoshop (the only software I use and know) it's much easier and you can do so much more. That's why it says it requires And edition software.
With Photoshop, you open the floor texture, and the bubble texture. You put the later over the former, edit the size, opacity, britghtness, contrast, location, etc, the way you want, and save the whole thing as "bubble on floor" texture. Then you apply the texture to the floor in DAZ and voila, bubbles on the floor.
You can also make Displacement and Bump maps with the bubble texture image to add deepness (not sure it's the word) to the bubble floor.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Mar06 17:58

Neat. Okay so it's like an incomplete texture. But in that it allows you to apply that, the bubbles, to other textures.

And then in addition you can add depth to it by using Displacements and Bump map. That's really good to know. Always more to learn.

Cheers, Mortze,

Eldormain

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Mar06 18:45

Eldormain wrote:Neat. Okay so it's like an incomplete texture. But in that it allows you to apply that, the bubbles, to other textures.

I won't say it's incomplete. The product is bubbles. Not "bubbles on the floor" or "bubbles on the tub". Having the bubbles textures like that and being able to put them any where is the greatness of such product.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Mar06 19:47

Very true. An add-on then. It is pretty handy.

Eldormain

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby lawina » Tue, 17Mar28 11:31

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'm posting it here;
Is it me or do the Genesis 2 models generally look so much better than the available Genesis 3 models?
lawina
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 17Mar29 16:49

lawina wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread so I'm posting it here;
Is it me or do the Genesis 2 models generally look so much better than the available Genesis 3 models?

I had the same impression, especially the hips, G2F is more rounded. I would guess that the problem is also related to the skin, almost all G3F came with skin prepared to Iray, while G2F has a normal skin. This means that G2F looks fine at design time, look similar after rendering, but G3F have a strange color at design, just after you render using Iray, you can see their true color.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Apr17 04:10

Okay, I just had a bad experience. I wanted to share so no one else, beginner or otherwise, fell into this.

As I have been learning I have been saving everything to one folder. I have been doing Save As... and selecting Scene. It was working fine but as I saved more things I knew I would need to get more organized. So, in an attempt to do just that I moved all of my character variations, ie: Base, Base with bits, base with street clothes, etc. I moved them into Presets. And just today, as I am betting some of your experienced users are groaning, I merged one of these characters into a scene to find it looking just like my Base saves with the exception of no head hair. As I was sitting there trying to deny the dread in a wtf moment I deleted the character from the scene I was working on and loaded one of the others and it was the same, missing all the stuffs I had saved to it (this second one happened to be a street clothes version and was standing there in all it's Ken Doll glory). I checked others then looked online for info about how the Preset folder works. I got a little clarification but no satisfaction.

Ugh, I have so much work to do to catch back up to where I was. All that source material essentially zeroed out. This debacle has been very disheartening. I truly hope no one else experiences such a thing.

The only advantage is that I will be gaining more experience with the program and software I have been using in it. Other then that it's been nothing but a time suck and bad experience. I suppose any insights, warnings of other like pitfalls, or similar stories would be appreciated.

Eldormain

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Sarchx » Mon, 17Apr17 07:18

Oh, that really sucks.

Normally, I'd save the character as a sub-scene, and create sub-folder in my daz-saves folder.
That gives me the organization I want, and makes it easier to seperate from original content.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The workshop of creators