Looks for help in editing makeup for DAZ

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Looks for help in editing makeup for DAZ

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Mar01 17:56

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to (or tutorials for) edit makeup, or make our own makep, for DAZ Studio (or Poser for that matter). That will be usefull for tattoos, scars, blood on skin, freckles, etc...

I know it is a question of using any picture editing software like Photoshop in my case. We load the body part and work it in the software, sure. But that requires great skill and some inspiration.

Can anyone share their experiences regarding that?

Thank you.

P.S.: I'll contribute by posting a nice youtbe link on how to make freckles for your models https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvOvFNOaQ8
I used that technique to make Charles in RfJ. Created that brush like in the vid and using PS I painted over the body part texture, face, torso and members.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Re: Looks for help in editing makeup for DAZ

Postby lamont Sanford » Tue, 16Mar08 01:09

Just saw this after posting something in the same ballpark. First off I have literally 1 day of experience in doing this so I am not an expert. What you want to do is use the surface selector and select the part of the body you want to mess with. Then go into the surface tab and choose the skinmap and right click, there will be an option for layered image editor, click on that. Now at this point you should already have the surface item you wish to add to your model tattoo for instance set up and saved as a PNG file via photoshop or other image editing software. now im the LIE on daz add new layer, and import the file you want to put onto your model, drag it and place it where on the skin you want (this will take a lil trial and error) and accept and see how it looks. Chances are you will need to mess with x y location or size and transparency settings. Also you cannot rotate the pic files in daz and will need to do it via photoshop.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Re: Looks for help in editing makeup for DAZ

Postby lamont Sanford » Tue, 16Mar08 01:27

Here is a quick render I just made, the tattoos still need some work but its close. Image
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Return to The workshop of creators