Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe

Postby Dakutis » Thu, 18Jan11 20:42

Mortze wrote:
Dakutis wrote:I thought the time is your biggest limit

It's one of the limits. But I don't understand what you want me to do.

Never mind.
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ShadyGroves » Thu, 18Jan11 20:44

If it's not a trade secret.

What kind of software do you use? Professional Commercial software, Open Source? etc?

Un related: Seeing your a StarWars fan. What did you think of the latest one? Last Jedi? Personally as one that saw the original back in 1977 56 times and fan ever since. I have to say the Last Jedi was shocking disappointment.

Mortze wrote:
Dakutis wrote:I thought the time is your biggest limit

It's one of the limits. But I don't understand what you want me to do.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Thu, 18Jan11 21:10

Mortze wrote:
ShadyGroves wrote:DwE, RfJ,FM, SC are GOLD considering M & T are doing this all in their free time and practically giving it all away for free with only ask for donations.

Correction. I, Mortze, am not doing this in my free time. This is my current sole job. I can't imagine how long it would be to make so many pictures if it was my free-time activity. :)

Mortze I say it before and I say it again. I like the games you make with Tlaero. They are one of the best games you can find on the internet. you two are a great team.

and you give the games away for free. Thank you guys for this.

Make the games as you wish and in your time. I and I think a lot of your fans are just going too wai for the next game and will enjoy them over and over again.

I hope you both take your time to rest and good luck with your next project.
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby Crane » Thu, 18Jan11 22:03

Disclaimer: Before reading any further the following could be a little harsh. You have been warned.

I understand everyone has his/her tastes/preferences/kinks etc but sometime people ask for something (a preference or a fetish) that is almost in every game. I can name a ton of "successful" "big" games which have only a bunch of "high quality but less realistic" renders, whose creators makes them repetitive to make the game look bigger. And ofc the game is always 4-5gb, because... "it`s a big game", you know? And the game has an "update" of 5-10 renders every two weeks... or months. And in the best scenario after two years the dev manages to deliver 0.4 version (consisting on 100-150 renders).
And every week there are a couple of "new entries", identical to the 2k existing games.

On the other side, Tlaero&Mortze are among the very few, almost unic, creators who keep their originality and are different (and IMO much better) than the others. Why do you need them to become like all the rest? Is there some kind of hate against diversity or is it some kind of fetish to want to see the same thing over and over again in every game? (Hey, I warned you! Ok? :D )

Sorry if I sound harsh, i don`t want to make anyone feel bad or anything. But, come on. Almost everyone agrees that Mortze is one of the best and absolutely one of the most hard working devs and you`re asking for "less but better renders" just because of 3-4 blurred renders in a game which has 1700+ renders? Even Mercedes Benz has higher recall rates. lol

I apologise again for my rantings.
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby Rexxx » Thu, 18Jan11 22:42

Maybe Tlaero and Mortze don't make like other creator on Patreon because their situations don't attract the patrons that spend more money, but I don't know how many authors can create so much images of high quality (and personally I think that, aside who paint their images, that is another type of creativity and for this I don't want to confront, no one produce like Mortze), asking more is madness.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Thu, 18Jan11 22:52

It seems like this is yet again degenerating into the old "Photo-realistic HD renders versus good, high quality renders that can be finished in a reasonable time" argument. It is rather silly to keep rehashing this.

Do you like playing games that come out every year or so? Or would you like to play a photo-realistic game that comes out once per lifetime?

Those who think 1 GB+ single images are a good thing should try developing their own game. It would be an excellent learning experience.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Mortze » Thu, 18Jan11 23:31

The grainy aspects of my pictures is a technical discussion that' I'd be glad to discuss in a thread I created for that purpose here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4161
It's something unrelated to Saving Chloe, and therefore a non-subject on this thread.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Fri, 18Jan12 01:00

Mortze wrote:
ShadyGroves wrote:DwE, RfJ,FM, SC are GOLD considering M & T are doing this all in their free time and practically giving it all away for free with only ask for donations.

Correction. I, Mortze, am not doing this in my free time. This is my current sole job. I can't imagine how long it would be to make so many pictures if it was my free-time activity. :)

However, I still do this in my free time. There's no way I can quit my day job...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Fri, 18Jan12 01:12

Danigonz, I saw your review. Thanks!

BloodyMares, on Edge you can name the save game exports. It sounds like you can't on your browser. It SHOULD be, though, that you can rename the files after you export them and still be able to import them. Nothing in the game cares about the name of the export. That's a browser thing. To be safe, try exporting, rename the file, and then importing. Either it'll give you a dialog box asking for a file, and let you pick one, or it won't and ... well if it doesn't, that's bad on your browser. (-: I think it'll work, though.

As for the technical thing. The problem isn't how to change the variables. The problem is that the game is tested with certain things being true, and making those things not be true would make for a lot more testing and development. That time is better spent writing a new game, especially if the import of a renamed export works for you.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Fri, 18Jan12 01:31

re: GrainyGate

Yes, it's 2018. In 2018 if you have one computer with two of the highest performance Nvidia GPUs that you could buy in 2017, then this is the quality you can get. Done.

In the ways that matter Mortze's images are better than anyone else's in this genre. I'm not bragging. I'm swooning. If someone came to me and said, "Leave that Mortze guy. I can make you 170 images that are perfectly rendered," I'd tell him to go fly a kite. It wasn't the image quality of Mortze's test renders that made me start working with him. It was the awesome, human way that Elsa looked and the incredible facial expressions he gave her. And I'm thankful daily that he works with me.

We've got patrons. We're getting by. Mortze will upgrade his rendering machine at a rate that he can afford. Rendering quality will likely improve over time. But there's no way we'll reduce the real quality of the images, (the scene layouts, the modelling, the posing, and the expressivity of the characters) to chase ancillary improvements like grainyness. If that's killing you, play a different game.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby BloodyMares » Fri, 18Jan12 02:14

tlaero wrote:BloodyMares, on Edge you can name the save game exports. It sounds like you can't on your browser. It SHOULD be, though, that you can rename the files after you export them and still be able to import them. Nothing in the game cares about the name of the export. That's a browser thing. To be safe, try exporting, rename the file, and then importing. Either it'll give you a dialog box asking for a file, and let you pick one, or it won't and ... well if it doesn't, that's bad on your browser. (-: I think it'll work, though.

As for the technical thing. The problem isn't how to change the variables. The problem is that the game is tested with certain things being true, and making those things not be true would make for a lot more testing and development. That time is better spent writing a new game, especially if the import of a renamed export works for you.

Tlaero

Thanks, I'll try that! Importing saves into a different browser is a great idea as it won't screw with my original saves. As for the browser, I use Firefox for your games, mainly because it was a recommended browser for Getting to Know Christine...my first game by you. So it stuck with me.

And as for the technical thing, I better respond via PM, seeing as the thread is filled with not so relevant posts lately.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Fri, 18Jan12 05:17

tlaero wrote:re: GrainyGate

In the ways that matter Mortze's images are better than anyone else's in this genre. I'm not bragging. I'm swooning. If someone came to me and said, "Leave that Mortze guy. I can make you 170 images that are perfectly rendered," I'd tell him to go fly a kite. It wasn't the image quality of Mortze's test renders that made me start working with him. It was the awesome, human way that Elsa looked and the incredible facial expressions he gave her. And I'm thankful daily that he works with me.

Tlaero

[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] his remders are great and certainly because how he gives everybody his/her facial expression. also the little details of everything that makes it realistic
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby Dakutis » Fri, 18Jan12 07:27

tlaero wrote:re: GrainyGate

We've got patrons. We're getting by. Mortze will upgrade his rendering machine at a rate that he can afford. Rendering quality will likely improve over time. But there's no way we'll reduce the real quality of the images, (the scene layouts, the modelling, the posing, and the expressivity of the characters) to chase ancillary improvements like grainyness. If that's killing you, play a different game.

Tlaero

Oh! That was... But you know it's almost the same reaction was few years ago, then you write this:
tlaero wrote:
Dakutis wrote:OK people, I just wanted to offer a few ideas, and if you are satisfied with everything, then it's great.

Dakutis in your last few posts I've finally understood what you're asking for. I appreciate all the effort you're putting into this. I'm sure it's frustrating to not be understood, especially when writing in a language that's not your native one. Thank you for the suggestions and for taking the time to make them clear.

What you're saying is, "I want more variety in these games," and that's an extremely fair request. I understand your COD example and the LwK ones very well. While I haven't heard a suggestion that really resonates with me yet, I share your desire to improve the genre. I will make an effort to keep thinking about and trying to make the games better. Please keep pushing me as well.

Tlaero

And you know it's working - you made this what I tryed to say. This game has all that things that I talked, so I know that now you angry at me but maybe after year or two you find the solution of the problem and I come back with this post again with my congratulations.
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby ShadyGroves » Fri, 18Jan12 08:23

tlaero wrote:
Mortze wrote:

However, I still do this in my free time. There's no way I can quit my day job...

Tlaero

If you ever did quit your day job. Given your ability to write a fantastic story in the Elsa verse for example. It would be a crying shame to humanity. :)

In college back in the 1980s. The head of the English department called me into his office once. He had in his hands an essay I wrote for Remedial English Composition 101 (I had been an un diagnosed dyslexic up to college.) My essay was one of the best narrative pieces of writing he had ever seen. He told me straight out I should immediately change my degree to writing and pursue a life as a writer immediately and if I chose he would recommend me for English Comp honors 404 in next semester.

Stupid me I never took him up on the offer. An stuck to Liberal Arts Anthropology major instead.

Tlaero. NEVER give up your writing. Your good. Really good at it. The world needs more story tellers, poets and bards. An less Politicians, information technology careers and military men.

Let thy heart by way of the written word. Change the world! I envy those of you that make a career of it. A career that you love to do in life is a blessed gift.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby JFR » Fri, 18Jan12 08:52

ShadyGroves wrote: ...If you ever did quit your day job. Given your ability to write a fantastic story in the Elsa verse for example. It would be a crying shame to humanity. :)

Are you unaware that her day job is computer coding and not writing?
JFR
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games