Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe (en, es)

Postby john milton » Tue, 18Jan23 09:16

Hi guys,
I'd love to make a review about Saving Chloe, but i'm afraid I'm a little out of time right now.

I've been struggling to send a message to Tlaero but I had no success. I just tried to send one to Shark and it worked, so I got to think that this problem might be related with Tlaero's inbox.

May I ask you if your inbox is full? I can't think of any other reason.

I'll write a comment to the game as soon as I find a moment,

have a great day everyone!

John
john milton
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby BloodyMares » Tue, 18Jan23 09:43

tlaero wrote:We're not constraining ourselves to a number of months or episodes. CtGwC might be 3 episodes or it might be 30, whatever it takes to tell the story.

I hope less than 20. I can't imagine waiting 30 (even 20) months for a complete experience. And TV shows with few (8-13) longer (1 hour) episodes tend to be more successful than 23 shorter (43-or-so minutes) episodes in my experience. But as long as you think that you'll manage to make each episode interesting/entertaining then I think it's fine.

On the side note, you mentioned in your Patreon post fans having input on the story's direction... I hope it doesn't come as a perk for patrons. While I don't doubt that some of them may give interesting ideas, in the end it's your stories. Amateur interference could ruin them.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Tue, 18Jan23 10:46

tlaero wrote:We have 570 patrons. Redemption for Jessika has been downloaded over 100,000 times. And when you add in the people who played it on playforceone, newgrounds, and vdategames it grows to over a million players. It would be foolish of us to disregard the masses for the 570.

Tlaero

I think Tlaero and Mortze will listen to all there fans. Patrons will get other perks then the episodes. the episodes I understand will be release for the public maybe a week after the patrons get it.

and Tlaero listen to her fans but always do what she thinks is working for the best. she got bad feedback about RjF the bad path and she has don't that in FM.

FM got the feedback about the missing sex scene's when you don't have enough points and she throw away the point system in SC. and I think that saving chloe is one of the best game she has make

it was a little bit easy to find every achievement, but all the paths has a good story. you have a bad path (without a achievement) that also is realistic in real life

so she listen to the feedback she got from her fans and make her next game even better. in this case the episodes.

and I say it before and I say it again. you play the games of Tlaero because of the great story she tells and the beautifull renders of Mortze. In SG I was more thrills by the story then the sex scene's.
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Tue, 18Jan23 13:43

If you don't like the idea of playing the game a little bit at a time, then all you have to do is wait for the full game to be finished, then play it. That way you'll get the same experience you would have got from the previous games. You'll just have to avoid the discussion topics in the meantime so you don't have anything spoiled.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Tue, 18Jan23 18:51

ShadyGroves wrote:So basically your giving us mini games as opposed to a single long deep engrossing story and game. A collection of mini games instead?

And your saying quality wont' suffer??

So basically your saying you'll be giving us the entire game in chapter segments. Kind of like ripping apart a book by chapters and sending out a chapter every other month.

I honestly don't see how your quality can't suffer under such a method. Since you will be doing constant revisions during production depending on your patrons feedback.

Plus if I understand this correctly nothing will be resolved in each chapter It will be basically left open ended (no problem, reaction and solution) until the final chapters/episodes.

So why should I play these episodes?? Talk about spoilers. By the time you get the last episode you'll be bored to death and not even play it.

Just give me the completed game when ever you're done with it. All in one place

We won't give you mini games if you don't want to. Episodic releases is a format that many people like. You can wait the usual time to play the full game format if you prefer. Nothing will change for you and others who prefer a long game.

I doubt the quality will change because:
1/ Speaking for myself, as I've already said previously, I won't rush my pictures to get a deadline. I will render my pictures normally and if it delays the release so be it.
2/ I've known Tlaero enough now to affirm that as a semi-professional writer (semi, because it's not her official job), she is good enough to write a story that is already fully developed in her mind. She knows what's its structure, the beginning, the middle and the end and will only let small unimportant details for later like "if the date is at the restaurant or the beach".

We are good ears for suggestions and comments, we appreciate all the input given, but perhaps one of our strengths, and pardon my lack of modesty, is our coherency towards what we've set up from the start.
Most, and believe me, most of the suggestions we get is about personal choices from the players, who would have preferred the protagonist to have sex with more partners, or not choose a certain type of action. We respectfully tend to disregard such suggestions because they divert from the direction we want to story to go and are only subjective inputs.
The most important suggestions we get, and try to follow are those that are technical, like other forms of gameplay, enhancements for the interface, technical and artistic suggestions for the pictures.

I'm pretty sure that Tlaero has already figured out the main layout of both these games. I doubt that after episode 1 or episode 2 of a game we'll get relevant input that will make us change the story layout.
Pandora wasn't to the taste of everyone but one of the things that stand out as positive reviews is the strength of the story line. I had to ignore all the appeals for Kean to have sex with Rita (for real), Nikki or Kaori. That wouldn't make sense in my layout.

But sometimes, there's someone who suggests us a pearl and we'd be crazy not to study its possibility and use it.
That's how the next Christine game was born. A patron, I believe, talked about it and here we are.

You ask "Why should I play the episodes?"
That's not for me to answer. You either place your trust in us or you don't.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby shiblaowi » Tue, 18Jan23 23:20

I can't say I'm anything but thrilled at the thought of getting more regular content from you guys. And while many concerns mentioned are valid, I have no doubt we've got nothing but good stuff ahead of us.

While I'm hyped as hell at another Christine game, I've gotta say, screw her (no, not that way.... or... maybe...) I'm more hyped for your take on a thriller mystery.

On another note will you be releasing these new games like BEW, where each new episode is a patch to the game, or will each episode be a standalone unit?
shiblaowi
Pilot fish

Postby Tao Dude » Wed, 18Jan24 00:37

BloodyMares wrote:
tlaero wrote:We're not constraining ourselves to a number of months or episodes. CtGwC might be 3 episodes or it might be 30, whatever it takes to tell the story.

I hope less than 20. I can't imagine waiting 30 (even 20) months for a complete experience. And TV shows with few (8-13) longer (1 hour) episodes tend to be more successful than 23 shorter (43-or-so minutes) episodes in my experience. But as long as you think that you'll manage to make each episode interesting/entertaining then I think it's fine.

On the side note, you mentioned in your Patreon post fans having input on the story's direction... I hope it doesn't come as a perk for patrons. While I don't doubt that some of them may give interesting ideas, in the end it's your stories. Amateur interference could ruin them.

Most soap operas in the UK have been going for decades and the original one has been going over 50 years, and they now have daily episodes. If you get the formula right, time is immaterial.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 18Jan24 02:32

Hey John! I don't think my inbox is full. At least, when I go to it, it doesn't show me anything that suggests that it is. And I made sure that you're on my friend's list and not my foe's list. I'll send you a PM and see if you get that.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Wed, 18Jan24 02:57

It's not going to be, "Vote on what happens next" or anything like that. There will be discussions that happen, and people will suggest things, and some of those things are going to make me say, "Oh, wow, that's cool" and I'll make some kind of change to match it.

For instance, the short story "FM: Alpha" exists because XCooler2 made an observation that was completely wrong, but absolutely cool. And, FM: Alpha has a bigger part in what's going on than you folks realize. Something similar could happen while doing Episodic games. Someone could make an observation or a suggestion that I like and I'll incorporate it into the story. But I certainly won't take every, or even many, suggestions. Most of the suggestions will be, "Let's have a threesome between Adrian, Christine, and Keeley!" Sorry folks. Not gonna happen...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Mortze » Wed, 18Jan24 03:18

tlaero wrote:"Let's have a threesome between Adrian, Christine, and Keeley!" Sorry folks. Not gonna happen...

Whut? [img]kator/smiley163.gif[/img]
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Crane » Wed, 18Jan24 04:13

tlaero wrote: "Let's have a threesome between Adrian, Christine, and Keeley!" Sorry folks. Not gonna happen...

Tlaero

I couldn't help but notice the ellipsis...

Mortze wrote:
tlaero wrote:"Let's have a threesome between Adrian, Christine, and Keeley!" Sorry folks. Not gonna happen...

Whut? [img]kator/smiley163.gif[/img]

Please, make her change her mind. [img]smile/tracker.gif[/img]
:D
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby danigonz » Wed, 18Jan24 10:12

Subjet 1: The Chaptergate.

People, maybe we should let Tlaero and Mortze design and publish those chapters first. And only then critizing them if somenone don't think they are not good enough.

But what are we doing now (critizing them before those chapters actually exist) it's a bit insane, in my modest opinion.

Maybe it would be more productive if we make positive suggestions about what would we love to see in those games, instead of trying to abort them!

Subject 2: Keeping the ladies "busy".
tlaero wrote:Most of the suggestions will be, "Let's have a threesome between Adrian, Christine, and Keeley!" Sorry folks. Not gonna happen...

Tlaero

Well, Kelly actually starred in a pretty hot threesome at the gym, one of my favourite sex scenes ever in a game.... but it was just a dream. In LwK she had another sexual dream involving grupal sex, but again it wasn't real. So, I don't think she's into real threesomes.

Keisha also lived a threesome in her past life at college, but she remembered it in a quite bitter way, I don't think she is much eager into repeating it.

So, that leaves us with the daring Christine, who has actually lived not a threesome, but a foursome. So, I think we still can have some hope in seeing her involved in some kind of grupal action. Maybe in a swinger's club? Just saying...

Anyway, I'm sure it would be hot and funny, but I'm not specially anxious for seeing these characters involved in extravagant sexual stunts. If something has showed Tlaero is that passionate sex scenes are much more a matter of atmosphere and good writing than of the number of people involved.
Last edited by danigonz on Wed, 18Jan24 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
danigonz
lagoon predator

Postby john milton » Wed, 18Jan24 11:14

Hey Tlaero,

Your PM was delivered and I read it, but I couldn’t reply. Seems that this “general error” is not solved yet.
Thank you anyway!

I won’t write an opinion on the game because I wasn’t very focused when I first played it, and since yours is a quality product, I’d rather give you back a quality opinion.

What I’d like to talk about in this post, is an idea I was struck by while thinking about agency and the multiple path you could follow in SC.

I’ll be honest: I’m the kind of player that loves a linear kind of storytelling, and since Tlaero is such a good storyteller, for me the equation is: more story = better game. I don’t really care about agency, not in an adult game at least.

However, it got me thinking that having a canon path and a few non-canon paths could be a fair compromise between Tlaero’s and Mortze’s different (from what I could understand) views when it comes to sexuality.

I understand that there are things which we’re not comfortable making our characters do. It’s completely fair and aggregable.

Nevertheless, what happens in a non-canon path, stays in the non-canon path, or more precisely, it never happened; I thought that in this way Mortze could “experiment” a little more, I’m sure he’d love to, and I’m also sure there’s a fair number of fan of yours that would love a more adventurous kind of approach.

In this way, you could both get what you want: Tlaero defines what happens, and Mortze has fun with what doesn’t happen.

I’m telling this because, beside the fact that I’m among that number of fans, I think this might increment the number of your patrons, which is something I feel deserved considering the quality of your work and the way you both relate with your public.

Obviously, what I’m suggesting is not to make a hundred non-canon paths for each game, but a just a few non-canon scenes.

I’ll try to explain: let’s imagine that your next game will be linear, with the classic three possible answers. If you choose a dialogue option in a few occasions, then you’ll see a door that was left open, if you click on it with the intent to enter, then a big window will appear telling you that passing that door will lead to a non-canon scene. If you decide to go on with it, once it’s finished the game won’t lead to a different ending but you will find yourself where you’d have been choosing the canon path, maybe with a few different dialogue options to preserve the coherence.

I’d love to say a few other things but I’m a bit in a hurry, I hope I’ll find a moment tomorrow to write back and hear your opinions.

Have a great day!

John
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby BloodyMares » Wed, 18Jan24 11:51

danigonz wrote:Subjet 1: The Chaptergate.

People, maybe we should let Tlaero and Mortze design and publish those chapters first. And only then critizing them if somenone don't think ther are not good enough.

But what are we doing now (critizing them before those chapters actually exist) it's a bit insane, in my modest opinion.

Maybe it would be more productive if we make positive suggestions about what would we love to see in those games, instead of trying to abort them!

Nobody is trying to abort them. Tlaero specifically asked for the feedback after she posted a link to the update. What's the point of not giving any?

Warning them about the mistakes that were made by other developers of the chapter-based games in my opinion is just as important if not more so than simply telling them "I'd like to see this new feature". It gives them the opportunity to avoid making those mistakes in case they were unaware of them. Better safe than sorry.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby ShadyGroves » Wed, 18Jan24 19:10

Ultimately all of the games are Tlaero and Mortze property and they can do with them as they choose.

Btw I do hope you two have officially copyrighted them? As well as story.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games