Dream Master

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dream Master

Postby tlaero » Thu, 18Jan25 05:44

I don't mind speculation and discussion about my games. I actually enjoy it. So feel free to discuss at length.

Shady, is English your native language? I ask because some of the things you say have a subtle meaning in English that is a bit offensive. Some people, like JFR, are picking up on that and getting frustrated.
(And I love you for it, JFR. Thank you for sticking up for me. :-)
But, Shady, if English isn't your primary language, I'll bet you don't intend the implications people are hearing in your posts.

For instance, you said that there are many "plot holes" in the Elsa-verse. I'll bet what you meant to say is that there are many "unanswered questions." Translated, they may seem to be similar, but to a native speaker, a "plot hole" is a mistake on the part of the writer. On the other hand, an "unanswered question" is something left out intentionally by the writer. The implication there is that the writer may answer it in a future work.

I remember a number of years ago a discussion on the lagoon about someone else's story. Someone posted, "When is the next chapter? I am waiting." I was pretty angry on behalf of the writer of the story. That statement sounded really arrogant and demanding. Then I realized that the poster might not have been writing in his native tongue and probably meant to say, "When is the next chapter coming out? I can't wait." Totally different implication there.

It's very nice that people take the trouble to post in English here, especially since this is a French board. Let's not forget that English is one of the most chaotic and hard to understand languages in the world.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Thu, 18Feb01 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Crane » Thu, 18Jan25 14:41

First, i apologise for intervening in this discussion.

And second, I know exactly what Tlaero is talking about. Being a non-native English speaker, i`m very aware that my English is not the best and sometimes there`s the wrong choice of words like in the example Tlaero`s mentioned. (I had a very similiar situation with JFR in BEW forum, but it was all sorted out immediately since JFR is a very understanding person and a great guy). I hate it when I do that. It makes other people feel bad and it makes you look arrogant and/or rude... or even worse.

About Shady`s opinions about the game. I`m not sure if Shady is a native English speaker but i must say he/she has a very... peculiar point of view. When i read Shady`s first post about DwE I must admit, I was a little shocked. Sure, we all see things differently but sometimes it looks like Shady is talking about a totally different game. And sometimes it's like he/sh reads no explanation or any point made by others. I`m not saying Shady is doing that on purpose. But the fact remains.
Crane
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ShadyGroves » Fri, 18Jan26 00:05

Yes I'm a American born Latvian. Speak both fluently.

I was not trying to be offensive at all!

Simply suggesting where at some far distant future date the story might pick up and continue from that point. Apparently some find that offensive to even speak about. shrugs shoulders. Present company excluded of course.

Are not un answered questions plot holes? In answering the question your filling in the hole. :)

Again not being offensive.

For example:

Is it not logical to ask. How does a daughter who is despised by her Father end up with all his property.

Maybe we'll find out at a future date..

I'm not trying to be offensive, officious or a know it all. I was simply trying to bring up some points to ponder and discuss as fans.

tlaero wrote:I don't mind speculation and discussion about my games. I actually enjoy it. So feel free to discuss at length.

Shady, is English your native language? I ask because some of the things you say have a subtle meaning in English that is a bit offensive. Some people, like JFR, are picking up on that and getting frustrated.
(And I love you for it, JFR. Thank you for sticking up for me. :-)
But, Shady, if English isn't your primary language, I'll bet you don't intend the implications people are hearing in your posts.

For instance, you said that there are many "plot holes" in the Elsa-verse. I'll bet what you meant to say is that there are many "unanswered questions." Translated, they may seem to be similar, but to a native speaker, a "plot hole" is a mistake on the part of the writer. On the other hand, an "unanswered question" is something left out intentionally by the writer. The implication there is that the writer may answer it in a future work.

I remember a number of years ago a discussion on the lagoon about someone else's story. Someone posted, "When is the next chapter? I am waiting." I was pretty angry on behalf of the writer of the story. That statement sounded really arrogant and demanding. Then I realized that the poster might not have been writing in his native tongue and probably meant to say, "When is the next chapter coming out? I can't wait." Totally different implication there.

It's very nice that people take the trouble to post in English here, especially since this is a French board. Let's not forget that English is one of the most chaotic and hard to understand languages in the world.

Tlaero

Tlaero
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Mon, 18Jan29 01:42

By the way, I just uploaded a French version of this story. Translated by Marco6661. Thanks Marco!

I also uploaded a French translation of DwE: Dreaming with the Dead, also done by Marco.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby ShadyGroves » Wed, 18Jan31 23:17

One cool thing you and Mortze might like to consider in terms of future games. That the two of you did in this one. More period pieces such as Dream Master.

Completely other worlds such as Royal Guard and Xara's dreams.

The two of you already displayed a high degree of talent in such pieces.

It would give you alot more avenues to explore your creativity instead of just sticking to modern era.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Fri, 19Jun28 14:11

This may seem like a weird topic to revive, but I've been re-reading these short stories and the discussions about them and I noticed several mentions of a story called 'Beginnings' which was released to patrons at some point. I was just wondering whether this story was ever released to the public. It doesn't appear on any of the lists of publicly available stories.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby JFR » Fri, 19Jun28 15:33

I don't recall if it was ever part of the public releases. "Beginnings" was a very short story that established 1) how Elsa met and wound up keeping the apparently magical cat/tiger that we meet in her apartment during "Dreaming With Elsa" and 2) how Sarah (SeraB) and Sylvia met, before they were a couple, in "Redemption for Jessica."

As for whether or even why this story was not part of the public release, it may have been an oversight. Or it may have been that it introduces a new mystery that was not resolved in the main stories before the series was ended. The reader was left with additional questions that will now never be answered.

You really didn't miss much. It was interesting but not crucial, with no sexy stuff.
JFR
star of the reef

Previous

Return to Free sexy games