Free games

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Free games

Postby Mortze » Tue, 17Jul25 18:23

Here's my opinion.
As a person with law background I'm very skeptical with calls to legislate something (in this case, to change rules) when the already existent rules solve the issue. In most cases, the new rules don't solve anything and even complicate it. Most of the time it isn't the rules that are wrong; it's its enforcement.

To my knowledge, Shark's rule is very simple. He doesn't allow anyone who isn't an active member of the community, who hasn't contributed somehow significantly to the forum, to talk about his game/project with promotional intent only.
People who post a thread mentioning a game that 1/isn't free to play or 2/will be free to play in an uncertain future, but in the meantime support is welcome, are those who use this platform for self promotion and I think it's fair and polite even to ask Shark permission. I wouldn't like anyone to go on my site and do the same thing without asking me first. It's just good manners.

But Shark has never been against (or I've never acknowledged) anyone who posts a link for a free to play finished game. He wouldn't care if at the end of the game there is a page saying "If you liked playing this game help me make some more here at PAtreon" as long as that creator posted only stuff about the finished game and not about an ongoing project that needs funding.

For creators, like myself, who want to use this platform as a medium of learning, get in touch with your audience, and show yourself to the world, my advice is to first make a finished product. Release it here for free. Your launch is done. Anything involving funding would have to happen outside this forum (with a page linking to your funding place, inside the game).
If the game is great or promising I'm sure the well placed page to PAtreon inside it will direct many people there. In the meantime the community has benefited from it as in the old days.

Now, people posting "Hey, I'm starting this new game" with a few pictures, and a small demo that lets us get a kiss "Please help me continue the game here at PAtreon" is naturally frowned upon. I wouldn't like for strangers to advertise their stuff on my lawn.

Now I understand that making these games requires sacrifice, of time and of money. But making a place for yourself here doesn't require THAT much money at least. You don't need to do such a big investment. If you don't have a good graphic's card have patience while it renders the pics slowly. And you don't need to have lots of content to make a good game. A nice female model, a nice male model, hair for both, one or 2 pieces of clothes for them (dressed, underwear and naked) a setting or 2 (just a house and an office) and you're good to go. What you need is dedication to make something good out of those little assets. Good plot, good build up, clever dialogues. As I look at old Tlaero/Phreaky games I marvel at the simplicity of 3D assets invested there (look at Meeting Keeley for instance). And that game was really great!
If they had released Meeting Keeley here on the forum, with, at the end of the game, a page linking us to PAtreon I would have considered supporting them. But the community would have known the creators and played and discussed the game anyway. And the game would have inspired other creators wannabes anyway.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 17Jul25 19:43

My opinion is this:

I'd like to see this happening.
If shark decides to say yes to it, it definately should be a seperate forum - and it could include both projects and finished games. (Status could be part of the header.)
Any game or project that requires payment in order to have the full released content, should be placed there. (That includes all pat.reon projects, where the last update requires payment.)
Once it's finished (and free!), it could be moved to the "all sexy games", as has already been suggested.
I do understand there's some long-time members here, and I don't see any problems in making exceptions for them. (i.e. tlaero/Mortze/LOP etc.)

Having said that...
I also see the potential problem, with creators only signing up, only to promote their game, and not participate in the community, but...
I don't think it's an issue. There will be some who sign up for doing that, and so ? They don't participate today either, so there won't be much difference on the forums.
A few of them might become part of the community here, which I think would be a bonus.
There's a lot of projects out there - and some of them might need other forms of encouragement than money to get finished, which they could find here.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby saolo996 » Wed, 17Aug09 01:15

Mortze wrote:Here's my opinion.
As a person with law background I'm very skeptical with calls to legislate something (in this case, to change rules) when the already existent rules solve the issue. In most cases, the new rules don't solve anything and even complicate it. Most of the time it isn't the rules that are wrong; it's its enforcement.

To my knowledge, Shark's rule is very simple. He doesn't allow anyone who isn't an active member of the community, who hasn't contributed somehow significantly to the forum, to talk about his game/project with promotional intent only.
People who post a thread mentioning a game that 1/isn't free to play or 2/will be free to play in an uncertain future, but in the meantime support is welcome, are those who use this platform for self promotion and I think it's fair and polite even to ask Shark permission. I wouldn't like anyone to go on my site and do the same thing without asking me first. It's just good manners.

But Shark has never been against (or I've never acknowledged) anyone who posts a link for a free to play finished game. He wouldn't care if at the end of the game there is a page saying "If you liked playing this game help me make some more here at ***" as long as that creator posted only stuff about the finished game and not about an ongoing project that needs funding.

For creators, like myself, who want to use this platform as a medium of learning, get in touch with your audience, and show yourself to the world, my advice is to first make a finished product. Release it here for free. Your launch is done. Anything involving funding would have to happen outside this forum (with a page linking to your funding place, inside the game).
If the game is great or promising I'm sure the well placed page to *** inside it will direct many people there. In the meantime the community has benefited from it as in the old days.

Now, people posting "Hey, I'm starting this new game" with a few pictures, and a small demo that lets us get a kiss "Please help me continue the game here at ***" is naturally frowned upon. I wouldn't like for strangers to advertise their stuff on my lawn.

Now I understand that making these games requires sacrifice, of time and of money. But making a place for yourself here doesn't require THAT much money at least. You don't need to do such a big investment. If you don't have a good graphic's card have patience while it renders the pics slowly. And you don't need to have lots of content to make a good game. A nice female model, a nice male model, hair for both, one or 2 pieces of clothes for them (dressed, underwear and naked) a setting or 2 (just a house and an office) and you're good to go. What you need is dedication to make something good out of those little assets. Good plot, good build up, clever dialogues. As I look at old Tlaero/Phreaky games I marvel at the simplicity of 3D assets invested there (look at Meeting Keeley for instance). And that game was really great!
If they had released Meeting Keeley here on the forum, with, at the end of the game, a page linking us to *** I would have considered supporting them. But the community would have known the creators and played and discussed the game anyway. And the game would have inspired other creators wannabes anyway.

Kudos to Mortze for his words, I subscribe each of them, as a player...
Too drunk to tell anything else, but I really agree with him.

And, once again, I'd like to thank him, Tlaero, Fleet, Lop and everyone else I'm forgetting about right now, for their great games we're able to play for free, and that's a lot more than some of us could deserve, in my humble opinion.
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to Free sexy games