Pandora

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Pandora

Postby Mortze » Sat, 17May06 12:28

Hey folks,

Tlaero and I have finished working on the game. Pictures, writing, page mounting and editing, coding. All done.
Big cheers to Tlaero to help me make this a reality.
Now the game will be for testing for some days.

It will, of course, be released beforehand for our friends "somewhere else". By now, you should know where. And you know what to do to get the game beforehand. Not sure there would be any public release before a month or 2.

Anyway, just letting you know.

Cheers

EDITED:

Fellow Lagooners,
Pandora is done, tested and ready to play.

I've released it earlier today for my supporters and we've decided to also release it this day to the public. This decision comes with the imperative need to battle pirating and the only way we have is to frustrate some of their gains.
People could download the game from here, from MortzeArt (where I'll upload later tonight or tomorrow) or anywhere else. We just frown upon those who use our work to make money or any other benefit without our express approval. But those who do not, those who just want to spread Pandora over the world without any personal benefit, please, do it!

This game was, as you must know now rendered partly with IRay. I understand it hurts the consistency of the game graphics but I'm way happier with the images in IRay.

I've said it somewhere else but I'll repeat it here. This game isn't mine only. It's Tlaero's too. Without her there wouldn't be a Pandora at all. She kept encouraging me when I wanted to try other things out of inspiration. She spent time thinking about solutions for the game's plot and logic, and she wrote all the lines, and spell proof them. Wrote the code and polished the game.
I'm just the dude who posed the pretty models and pressed the Render button.
Despite what she says don't pay her credit. Pandora is her game too.

I hope you like it! Enjoy and sail safe.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rq1t27h12t2wkdd/pan.zip
Last edited by Mortze on Sat, 17May13 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Re: Pandora

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 17May06 16:11

Good idea on the new topic for this - shouldn't the thread be called "Pandora 2" or "Pandora - Second Installment" or even "Pandora - the Saga Continues..."?? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Sat, 17May06 16:23

Hoboy wrote:shouldn't the thread be called "Pandora 2" or "Pandora - Second Installment" or even "Pandora - the Saga Continues..."??

No. This is the whole first episode. Called Pandora.

I now realize that this should maybe be in Projects instead of here, at least until I post a game link. Sorry about that.
I'd like to ask a moderator to proceed to the actual migration of the thread if he thinks it's more appropriated.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 17May06 16:51

The game is coming fairly soon, it will be free, and there is a lot of interest from people who read this board for it. It seems appropriate to keep this thread here instead of moving it to projects.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Crane » Sat, 17May06 17:15

Good games have been very scarce these couple of months. And T&M games are on my top list. In short, great news.

If i understood it right Pandora is the first game of a saga?
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby caravaggio » Sat, 17May06 18:14

Kudos !!! That's ultrasuperawesomenews!!
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 17May06 20:17

Should the other thread - Pandora Part 1 - somehow be linked? Will the new game be a continuation, in which case the other topic should maybe be folded into this so it's searchable all the way through the game? Will I end every sentence I write in a question mark?
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sat, 17May06 20:21

More info:

The game you folks played as "Pandora Part 1" is now considered Chapter 1 of the first Pandora game. What we'll be releasing to patrons soon and to the public later is Chapters 1 and 2 joined together and just called "Pandora." You'll have the ability to play from the start of Chapter 1 through to the end of Chapter 2, or you'll have the ability to skip Chapter 1 and start at Chapter 2.

Chapter 1 was originally written, programmed, and imaged by Mortze. English isn't his first language and there were some minor rough edges in the writing as a result. For this one, I did an edit pass on the Chapter 1 text and cleaned it up a little bit. For Chapter 2, Mortze did all the art (of course) and also wrote the first pass of the script. Then I took his script, revised it, and created the pages for it. For the most part, I kept his dialog and only changed the description around it. There were a few scenes that he asked me to take a more active role in writing, and there were a few scenes that I suggested we add to the game to improve the pacing. But, although I worked really hard on this, it is Mortze's game through and through. Partway through Chapter 2, he switched to iRay for images. And, as his confidence in the writing grew, he started adding accents to the characters. You can really see his growth as a game developer over the course of this game.

When you combine Chapters 1 and 2, Pandora is longer than any of our other games. RfJ still has more images, but that's mostly because of the animation-heavy sex scene at the end. And, yes, there will be other games in the Pandora storyline. We haven't worked out exactly what order we're going to work on them, though, other than that the next game we're going to work on is an Elsa-verse one (the game that comes after Finding Miranda).

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby MaxCarna » Sat, 17May06 20:29

I don't even need to see, to know that this is a great work. The first part was really good.

Congratulations to you two, I will wait the public release.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby HeyChief » Sun, 17May07 04:29

Hooray, at last "more of the story"
[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby Crane » Sun, 17May07 07:07

tlaero wrote:And, yes, there will be other games in the Pandora storyline. We haven't worked out exactly what order we're going to work on them, though, other than that the next game we're going to work on is an Elsa-verse one (the game that comes after Finding Miranda).

Tlaero

You do know how to make other people happy and keep them lured, don`t you? And you enjoy it, you devilish Lady.
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby Weltmeister » Mon, 17May08 23:11

I cannot say what makes me happier: the fact that Pandora: Part II seems to be released rather soon...

And, yes, there will be other games in the Pandora storyline.

...or this piece of information.

Thanks, Mortze and Tlaero! I cannot wait for this to happen. Keep up the good work and stay in touch with the community!
Weltmeister
sirens hunter

Postby Lalelu » Mon, 17May08 23:32

Really looking forward to this. The only complaint I could come up with for any of your games was the lack of saves; everything else was both fun & beautifully made in all of them. Can't wait!
Lalelu
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Tue, 17May09 03:34

All of the Elsa-verse games have saves. Are you saying that you want more than 4, or that you didn't notice any of them?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Lalelu » Tue, 17May09 12:18

tlaero wrote:All of the Elsa-verse games have saves. Are you saying that you want more than 4, or that you didn't notice any of them?

That I wanted more!
Due to the high count of interesting scenes (both sex- and otherwise) in combination with multiple possible routes, if I want to revisit a specific one, I tend to have to play through half the game again every time.

Since the Extra Restores are also not all that easy to reach (except in Pandora Pt.1) and don't have Thumbnails attached to them (so I don't know where I actually saved), the process looks something like this:
--- I want to check out a scene from the lewd playthrough that happens roughly at the middle of the game:
- I open the game and hit "Restore" to see where I land; it's "nowhere" (just a random save from the last time I played the game)
- I go to Menu > Extra Saves And Restores > Restore Slot 1 to see where I land; it's the first choice that gives points (an "intro" skip)
- I go to Menu > Extra Saves And Restores > Restore Slot 2 to see where I land; it's somewhere in the middle of the game of the timid playthrough
- I go to Menu > Extra Saves And Restores > Restore Slot 3 to see where I land; it's towards the end of the game in a lewd playthrough
- I go to Menu > Extra Saves And Restores > Restore Slot 1 (to at least skip the intro), and play through the game again

If there were more saves (say, 10) and/or one saw the screen of the save (so I'd instantly see that slot1 is the right one, instead of having to restore all of them in a row) and/or the restoring was a bit streamlined (as it was in Pandora Pt1, but then Finding Miranda went back to the Menu-Clickery), that'd be a big "Quality of Life" improvement for me.
Lalelu
sirens hunter

Next

Return to Free sexy games