DwE: Royal Guard

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: DwE: Royal Guard

Postby Mortze » Thu, 16Dec01 21:30

LRM wrote:I'm pretty sure "Royal Guard" is a prequel to the next game.
If I'm mistaken someone will clue us both in.

It is after Dreaming with Elsa.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby jvit » Fri, 16Dec02 00:11

Has Xara shown up in the Elsaverse before this? It would be nice to see more of her.
I post some of my renders here: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3589&start=30
jvit
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Dec02 00:33

jvit wrote:
Has Xara shown up in the Elsaverse before this? It would be nice to see more of her.

She actually shows up in a short dream sequence in DwE but we don't know who she is. Later, she is in a scene in RfJ, meeting with Jessika. Look for the strange cane she uses, with a white "dragon head.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Dec02 03:08

DwE: Royal Guard takes place after Dreaming with Elsa but before Redemption for Jessika. The upcoming new game, Finding Miranda, takes place roughly in parallel to Redemption for Jessika, so Royal Guard precedes it as well. (If anyone is interested, I've written two articles about Finding Miranda on our P a t r e o n site. You don't need to be a patron to read them.)

In both of the previous two games, Xara showed up in the scene after the credits. Those are small scenes, so they would be easy to forget. But, if you haven't been seeing the scenes after the credits ... well you should. You especially should in Finding Miranda. (-:

The other short story I made public, "DwE: Learning to Fly" also took place after Dreaming with Elsa. It doesn't really matter where it fit after that, though I think of it as taking place before Royal Guard, since that was the order I wrote them.

Patrons have seen two other short stories, "DwE: Dreaming with the Dead" and "Beginnings." Similar to Learning to Fly, Dreaming with the Dead is after Dreaming with Elsa, but not terribly important when after that. Beginnings takes place before any of the games.

It is okay if you don't understand Royal Guard. It's intentionally obtuse. It'll make more sense over the course of the next games.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby nosckaj » Tue, 16Dec06 13:30

tlaero wrote:DwE: Royal Guard takes place after Dreaming with Elsa but before Redemption for Jessika. The upcoming new game, Finding Miranda, takes place roughly in parallel to Redemption for Jessika, so Royal Guard precedes it as well. (If anyone is interested, I've written two articles about Finding Miranda on our P a t r e o n site. You don't need to be a patron to read them.)

In both of the previous two games, Xara showed up in the scene after the credits. Those are small scenes, so they would be easy to forget. But, if you haven't been seeing the scenes after the credits ... well you should. You especially should in Finding Miranda. (-:

The other short story I made public, "DwE: Learning to Fly" also took place after Dreaming with Elsa. It doesn't really matter where it fit after that, though I think of it as taking place before Royal Guard, since that was the order I wrote them.

Patrons have seen two other short stories, "DwE: Dreaming with the Dead" and "Beginnings." Similar to Learning to Fly, Dreaming with the Dead is after Dreaming with Elsa, but not terribly important when after that. Beginnings takes place before any of the games.

It is okay if you don't understand Royal Guard. It's intentionally obtuse. It'll make more sense over the course of the next games.

Tlaero

Thanks for the explanaton
nosckaj
Pilot fish

Postby teecino » Tue, 16Dec06 17:44

tlaero wrote:It is okay if you don't understand Royal Guard. It's intentionally obtuse. It'll make more sense over the course of the next games.

Tlaero

I'm glad to hear this, i thought i was the only one who couldn't understand it properly [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] , looking forward for the find miranda game [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
teecino
sirens hunter

Postby moskys » Sun, 16Dec11 11:08

Wow. Pretty awesome story. Visuals are really impresive, and then when you think you are starting to understand what's going on there... just wow. Nice plot twist.

Of course we are still missing some info, but I don't think it's obtuse at all. We don't know the 'why', but here we have some powerful and intriguing 'what'. What a succesful way to engage people and keep them waiting for more. Congrats
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Dec11 17:28

Thanks Moskys! I'll be interested in hearing what people think when they play Finding Miranda and then go back and play DwE: Royal Guard again.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Jan16 07:29

Hello. Being that I am now to this site I did have the benefit of playing Finding Miranda before playing DwE: Royal Guard. Before playing DwE: Royal Guard I had been thinking that a story revolving around Xara would be nice. And now, after reading DwE: Royal Guard, I would like to see story revolving around Xara even more. I like the Xara character and as tough as she is and comes across it's nice to see that she is smart enough to realize her own weaknesses. Thanks again you two.

Eldormain.
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Nightshade09 » Fri, 17Sep22 03:59

So lets get this straight

Roland = Evil King
Assassin = Crow
Royal Guard = Xara

DwE: Royal Guard takes place just after DwE and Just before RfJ.

And Royal Guard takes place on either another dimision or another planet.

So who hired Chleo in Elsa's universe to steal the book?
How did she appear there?
Does that make Miranda also Inter dimensional/Alien since she was Chloe's childhood friend.
And how did they all materialize in Elsa universe?
So is Elsa and Jesskia apart of this dimension for clearly Xara (as Royal Guard) is rallying the forces in Elsa Universe to take on Roland?
Or where they just all Incarnated into Elsa Universe in human lives to finish the original fight?

Or were all these dream fights of Xara just symbolic?

The Stunning reveal though I think is no matter their true origins.

Xara at some point worked for Roland willingly and loyal y. She crossed him and lost her eyes for it. So Xara has a dark history just as bad as insane Roland. Xara hints at this when she remarks to Elsa “This is my punishment.” Xara is not so saintly as she appears then.

This will be VERY interesting to see how this plays out!
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby JFR » Fri, 17Sep22 06:15

delete
Last edited by JFR on Fri, 17Sep22 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Marco6661 » Fri, 17Sep22 07:26

Elsa meets Xara for the first time at the end of DWE, in their dream...
So, we have a mix between the real world and... something else, dreams and legends.

In this story, for me, we have some characters present in our real word and in an other... dimension, where some events and people go through the border between... :sarcastic:

We'll see in a few time... ;)
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Fri, 17Sep22 07:44

The short story Royal Guard takes place after DwE. Xara has this dream every night and has been for some time. The events that the dream covers happened long before DwE.

There is more information about what's going on in the short story, "Dream Master" which is available to $10 patrons.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby moskys » Sat, 17Sep23 11:21

I've not seen that 'Dream Master' story but after Royal Guard is pretty clear that
Xara worked for Morland for some time then defected or was dismissed, and since then she's being punished in her dreams. She has always the same dream but changing the scenarios (sometimes at WWII, sometimes in a fantasy world, sometimes in a 'real life' environment), as Elsa points out when she tells Xara she's been watching all her dreams unconsciously called by Xara. And then Xara replies 'This is not a dream, but a punishment'. So it has nothing to do with other dimensions but just with the ability to interfere in other person's dreams
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby Marco6661 » Sat, 17Sep23 13:39

moskys wrote:I've not seen that 'Dream Master' story but after Royal Guard is pretty clear that
Xara worked for Morland for some time then defected or was dismissed, and since then she's being punished in her dreams. She has always the same dream but changing the scenarios (sometimes at WWII, sometimes in a fantasy world, sometimes in a 'real life' environment), as Elsa points out when she tells Xara she's been watching all her dreams unconsciously called by Xara. And then Xara replies 'This is not a dream, but a punishment'. So it has nothing to do with other dimensions but just with the ability to interfere in other person's dreams

:??: :??:
You don't think that the world of the dreams is another dimension?
A place where we disregard time and space? ;)
Marco6661
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games