Animations VS more pics

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Do you prefer more animations or more pics?

More animations
25%
More pictures
75%

Total votes : 139

Animations VS more pics

Postby Mortze » Fri, 16Jul29 18:00

I have to ask for y'all opinion if you prefer to have, in html games, to have more animations or more diferent pics.

I ask this because either choice has me do the same amount of pictures. The difference is that with animations there is a bunch of pics for one page only.
For example, in a scene I decide to have 100 pics. It could be 100 different pictures or 80 diferent pictures and 2 animations (with 10 pics each). It's 100 pages for that scene against 80.

This is important for me to see if I should focus my time on one or the other.

I know the perfect option would be both but time is limited. Unless you want a huge game done in 3 years time, but that's already discussed elsewhere by m'Lady Tlaero.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Re: Animations VS more pics

Postby Dole » Fri, 16Jul29 18:14

It is a difficult Question I have voted for pics.

The most time the Animations take long load time and most you can´t make it to play further and when you must play again the scene ( bug or whatever) it sucks.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby Chessy » Fri, 16Jul29 18:19

Hello Mortze,
for my taste I like it more static (in this kind of games) or with real animation (26 frames per second). I don't need this "look how I'm rubbing it" stuff. It would be okay if it's a game like one of the big productions (GTA, Witcher etc. for example) but that's unreachable, so, better not try at home ;)

Others may think different.
Chessy

Life's a game, so let's make the next move...
Chessy
Pilot fish

Postby Super » Fri, 16Jul29 19:48

I tend to prefer reading the sex scenes and kinda just move past animations really quickly anyway in order to see what comes next, so having longer sex scenes with less animations works better for me personally.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dolphin-BR » Fri, 16Jul29 20:29

From my point of view, animations add a lot to the game, but they cannot save a poorly made game.
I give you an example: There is a hentai game named "Sexfriend", it is one of the best hentai games I ever played. It has no animations. And that's the only thing it is lacking, If it had animations it would certainly be the best H-game I had played.

The most important feature in a game is the amount of options it gives to the player. The more, the better. If it doesn't provide enough options the player will feel like he's reading a short story and not playing a game after all. (and different choices should mean different outcomes)

So, between pictures and animations, I pick animations. But more important than both are the options.
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby callsen » Fri, 16Jul29 21:56

If more pics means more scenes, of course I vote more pics !

Anyway, animations have not a great added value on me compared to pics (which are mandatory), so I guess it's not worth the time spent.
callsen
Pilot fish

Postby Affabilis » Fri, 16Jul29 22:50

Animations are pretty and everything, but I feel that more pictures can help extend the narrative of a scene. Add more variety to it, more poses, different angles, etc.
Affabilis
great white shark

Postby Guntag » Sat, 16Jul30 00:50

An easy poll for once : more pictures !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 16Jul30 02:01

I also agree with the more pictures statements.

<joke>Can we have them all by tomorrow please?</joke>
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 16Jul30 03:06

It's a balance. In a sex scene, I think it's best to devote about 10 to 20% of the images to animations. I also prefer lower frame rate animations to higher frame rate ones. I think there's a quick diminishing returns on frame rate here. Everything over 10 to 15 fps (frames per second) is just wasteful of your time and people's download bandwidth.

Another question is whether you should spend 21 frames on one complex and interesting animation or whether it's better to have 3 separate short ones.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 16Jul30 03:30

I believe the current way the games are being put together give a good balance between animations and static pics - no need to increase the amount of animations in my opinion. Although with the quickness that Mortze works maybe he wants a higher workload? (Just kidding!)
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Marco6661 » Sat, 16Jul30 06:30

Definitely for me nice pictures, supporting good story.

Like said before in this topic, some games have good images but bad script. You go across this kind of game like people looking a travel's photo-album without know anything about the country.
But I'm may be a little bit irrelevant... [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

Marco
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby juzotogo » Sat, 16Jul30 06:57

I also voted for Pictures.
I think it might also be due to tone and pacing.

You're playing a game, there are still images the whole time, then just for a brief moment you see motion and it's over back to stills. I hate to say it, but It might be a bit distracting.

Has anyone ever tried making none adult animations to make the sex animations less "out of place" with the rest of the game? I'm no expert thought, haven't play that many adult games yet. Perhaps in some instances it works great.
Posing Programs I use: XNALARA XPS
juzotogo
Pilot fish

Postby Henrik » Sat, 16Jul30 07:29

yes, more pics.

in these games especially the uncanny valley thing happens to a certain extent. it's far, far better to let the minds of the player "create" the animation from still pictures than try to make animation that inevitably looks like two marionette puppets being bumped into one another. that typically completely shatters the suspension of disbelief.
Henrik
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Sat, 16Jul30 07:35

I cast my vote for images. I like what mortze said about having 100 pictures and 80 are static with 2 short animation loops of 10 pics each would be a good balance. Let's say there's a scene that gradually goes from a striptease to completion in a "doggy style" position. And the poses are stripping, lap dance, fellatio, cunnilingus, missionary, standing, and finally "doggy style". If we did an animation loop for the lap dance to increase the reader's libido and then another for the "doggy style" position to help increase the libido even further for the reader's immersion. Then you'd end with a few final pics to show a moderately satisfied couple. But there would be an extremely happy and messy reader. :lol:
That's just my thoughts as a dirty old man. :D
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Next

Return to Free sexy games