Virtual Date Games - Betsy

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual Date Games - Betsy

Postby EscapeEvade » Sat, 16Jul30 00:55

master110 wrote:The next game is out its online only so its very laggy right now.

The Academy series is made by dsp3000, not Chaotic. Chaotic just hosts dsp's games.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby master110 » Sat, 16Jul30 13:59

EscapeEvade wrote:
master110 wrote:The next game is out its online only so its very laggy right now.

The Academy series is made by dsp3000, not Chaotic. Chaotic just hosts dsp's games.

I understand that but still the next game is out.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby Ivlia » Wed, 16Aug03 18:36

Chaotic_VDG, thank you for this game! Especially for the possibility to play as a girl. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Ivlia
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby eroticgamer » Thu, 16Sep01 09:35

Loved playing this game.

Betsy was cute. Violet was funny. April was sexy. Would be even better if there was more April nudity.

Hope you release even more games like this for free.

Should totally be higher on playforceone.
eroticgamer
Pilot fish

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Thu, 16Sep01 13:50

eroticgamer wrote:
Should totally be higher on playforceone.

Yeah, I've noticed some douchebag has been messing with the playforceone ratings.

Earlier in the week, I saw Betsy at number 2, where she has fairly consistently been since release, then abruptly fall an entire percent in about 5 minutes. Considering that when I rate a game there, it changes by about 0.01%, it's very, very mathematically unlikely that so many people (100?) decided to rate the game so low, all at the same time.

She also seems to be getting an abrupt drop in ratings every day. Always about the same time of day too!

Also, today I can see that Jennifer has fallen from 8th (ish) place yesterday to 39th place today. Considering she's been around 8th place since I released her, it's pretty obvious that someone has found a way to mess with the ratings.

Apparently, some loser has just been getting their hate on for my games.

Whatever. Judging by the less than subtle way they've been doing it, they're clearly not someone with a lot of patience. They'll get bored, then the scores with probably average out to what they're supposed to be. You can't beat math.
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 16Sep02 02:00

Chaotic_VDG wrote: Apparently, some loser has just been getting their hate on for my games.

It could also be a case of someone manipulating the statistics to make their favorite games rate higher than intentionally going after yours. It may not be anything personal.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Sep02 03:43

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:It could also be a case of someone manipulating the statistics to make their favorite games rate higher than intentionally going after yours. It may not be anything personal.

Not likely. Christine has almost 2 million views. It would be really hard to manipulate its score.

The behavior of "Games start high and drop over time" is pretty common. The first players tend to be enthusiasts and tend to rate games highly. Then, when the game is on the list, that tends to bring in a wider variety of people who have differing opinions of what they like. You see it in the comments, "Best game ever!" "I didn't like it." "Great art!" "Art isn't good." "Amazing story." "Terrible story." There's certainly no consensus with this kind of thing.

I remember that RfJ started with like a 98 score. It's down below 92 now. DwE started above Christine and has fallen below. Pandora was beating Christine for a while too, and has slipped quite a distance since. There's not a lot of percentage between Rank 2 and rank 5, so minor changes will have a big impact.

Betsy is a great game. In the end, I'm sure it'll settle out high on the list.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Super » Fri, 16Sep02 04:52

It's kinda a bit weird how similar this is to inspiring Celina but then again I think chaotic did what I wanted to do better in this and this is by far his best game so yay XD
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Fri, 16Sep02 13:53

tlaero wrote:The behavior of "Games start high and drop over time" is pretty common. The first players tend to be enthusiasts and tend to rate games highly. Then, when the game is on the list, that tends to bring in a wider variety of people who have differing opinions of what they like. You see it in the comments, "Best game ever!" "I didn't like it." "Great art!" "Art isn't good." "Amazing story." "Terrible story." There's certainly no consensus with this kind of thing.

I remember that RfJ started with like a 98 score. It's down below 92 now. DwE started above Christine and has fallen below. Pandora was beating Christine for a while too, and has slipped quite a distance since. There's not a lot of percentage between Rank 2 and rank 5, so minor changes will have a big impact.

Tlaero

Yeah, Betsy has a similar thing to Jessica initially, in that the score slowly went down following release. I think she was actually number 1 on playforceone for a few days before slipping into second place. That seems reasonable.

By comparison, Jennifer being around 8 to 10th place since it's free release last year, then suddenly dropping to around 40th literally overnight, doesn't seem very likely though. Similarly, Betsy's score seems to drop very suddenly in roughly five minute bursts.

As you say though, the score will balance out to reflect the genuine reviews eventually.

Super wrote:It's kinda a bit weird how similar this is to inspiring Celina but then again I think chaotic did what I wanted to do better in this and this is by far his best game so yay XD

Thank you. :)
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby bing6541 » Fri, 16Sep02 17:24

I wonder if the drop in some ratings/scores somehow coincided with the period when the site seemed to go back in time.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Sat, 16Sep03 06:14

Yeah that's right... there was a database issue recently on the Lesson of Passion servers. They run Sex and Glory, Play Force One, Lesson Of Passion, and Blind Date.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Sat, 16Sep03 12:36

Maybe. If someone was essentially spamming the ratings system, I could see how that might make the server crash.

Worth mentioning that I've also noticed that The Physio has suffered a similar fate to Jennifer. After being a little above Jennifer (7th-ish place) for a very long time, it's dramatically dropped to 54th place a in a few days.
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16Sep04 05:09

Makes me suspect the database loss is tied into the ratings drop. First thing that jumps to mind is they may have been hacked and someone went in there and messed up the database, revised the script, and then left code in there that would lower the ratings of games. I've noticed there's been a surge in the number of "hackers" over the summer. Think pimply teenagers who have electronic guardians and are barely supervised. Anyways, back to Betsy.. can we get a game with Violet??? [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Edited to say that an experienced "adult" hacker wouldn't have left a mess in there so that's why I suspect an extremely pale teenager is behind this.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby FedoraMan » Tue, 16Sep06 02:45

muttdoggy wrote:[The Lesson of Passion servers] run Sex and Glory, Play Force One, Lesson Of Passion, and Blind Date.

Pure, baseless speculation here: maybe someone trying to nab an advance version of Living with Temptation 2 got messy or wasn't the l33t h4x0r they thought they were?
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby K84 » Tue, 16Sep06 13:53

I´m playing this game today and it is absolutely amazing. I´m trying to unlock orgy with all girls but is very hard to remember the choices after I get bad ending xD. I love VDG, especially Maddison, I think she is the most beautiful from VDG.
Sorry for my english, I'm trying to improve this
K84
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games