Where did it go?

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Where did it go?

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 16Jun12 23:14

Please tell me if I'm crazy.

I could swear there was a topic here about the game Wife Trainer. I posted a question in this topic about Rags games and how to play them. Now, I cannot find hide nor hair of this entire topic.

Has it been remove from the forum? If so, could you please explain why?

Thank you.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Re: Where did it go?

Postby shark » Sun, 16Jun12 23:18

The author of this game requested that the link be not shared outside the forum where he posted it.
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 16Jun12 23:23

shark wrote:The author of this game requested that the link be not shared outside the forum where he posted it.

I see. You couldn't just have edited the post(s) containing the links and removed them, leaving the game discussion intact? Or did the author request the discussion be removed as well? Just asking.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Sun, 16Jun12 23:28

I think the author prefers to follow the discussions about his game on the forum he chose.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 16Jun12 23:32

shark wrote:I think the author prefers to follow the discussions about his game on the forum he chose.

Okay, thank you for the quick responses, Shark.

If I was the author, I would think that the more buzz I get about my game, the better, whether I participate in a particular forum or not. But, c'est la vie.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Sun, 16Jun12 23:41

It's a project, not a finished game. The author needs to read the comments and it's easier on a single forum.
shark
Site Admin

Postby kessie8dn » Sun, 16Jun12 23:58

Thanks for the explanation Shark, I too thought I must have been seeing things :lol:

In future would it be possible to replace the original thread with one that just explains why it's been removed - and maybe a clue as to where the project might be found? It would be extremely helpful... I wondered if a house rule had been broken but couldn't think what it might be.

Fortunately Google came to my rescue because I managed to remember the exact name of the game and so find the author's forum :)

I trust it is acceptable for me to say that, should anyone else want to find the forum, the name of the game as orginally posted was: Wife Trainer BETA 0.1d - There are pages of various torrent sites offering file downloads, but you'll be better off ignoring them.. The author's forum will have any updated versions - and as it's a project they are likely to come around fairly often, I imagine.

I'm not sure if I will break any rules by giving the name of the forum but let me just say you should be careful not to become mesmerised while you're searching...

I hope that helps without overstepping the mark :)

Good luck
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby saolo996 » Mon, 16Jun13 00:05

Thanks Shark, me too I was wondering if I drank too much during this weekend...

Am I wrong or the thread was created by the author himself? :??:

And thanks kessie8dn for the precious advices, I had that forum open then I decided to close the window, brilliant [img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img]
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 16Jun13 00:22

Xyzzy987 wrote:If I was the author, I would think that the more buzz I get about my game, the better, whether I participate in a particular forum or not. But, c'est la vie.

One possible problem with having a game listed in more than one place is having to (remember to) monitor each of those places for feedback/questions. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Xyzzy987 » Mon, 16Jun13 07:00

Greyelf wrote:
Xyzzy987 wrote:If I was the author, I would think that the more buzz I get about my game, the better, whether I participate in a particular forum or not. But, c'est la vie.

One possible problem with having a game listed in more than one place is having to (remember to) monitor each of those places for feedback/questions. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I said nothing about making a game (project, whatever) available via this forum. I only said "buzz" about the game, meaning discussion. I also said "whether I [meaning the author] participate in a particular forum or not," meaning the author can choose to join or not join the discussion here.

If an author wants to control where his or her intellectual property is made available, then that is the author's prerogative. If the author requested of Shark that no discussion of his or her game be allowed on this forum, AND if Shark acceded to that request, due to professional courtesy or for whatever other reason, then I must, of course, respect that decision. I do not understand why, though, on a forum whose purpose is to discuss games designed for adults, this particular game has been ruled off limits.

If the members of this forum wish to discuss an adult game (project, whatever), why shouldn't they be able to do that? If they want to communicate directly with the author, then they must participate in the forum of the author's choice.

Perhaps we have been spoiled by tlaero, Mortze, Leonizer, fleet, Chaotic, Shark (of course), and the other game authors who do grace us with their presence (my sincere thanks to you all), but there is no end of examples of games discussed here where the author is not a participant in said discussion.

These are my last words on this topic.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Return to Free sexy games