Stacked Justice

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Stacked Justice

Postby rdemon » Sun, 16Mar27 23:12

I really enjoyed the game. I just love aif games, which are tricky to solve and create a unique setting.

Well done!
rdemon
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby artorawley » Mon, 16Mar28 10:50

Just finished the game, and I think it is absolutely excellent. Other AIF authors have their work cut out for them this year as I feel your game is an early frontrunner for the 2016 Erins. The ephemeral nature of the game is very unique to AIF and it works really, really well. I went through numerous "Aha!" moments while playing the game, which is a testament to your solid game design. I also thought your writing was great, too. It seemed to straddle the line perfectly between American and Queen's English, so I can't foresee anyone really having a problem with it. The variety of player choice in dialogue and freedom in tackling objectives is also fantastic. Really looking forward to any and all future works, you've got yourself a new fan.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8dn » Mon, 16Mar28 22:10

Sorry but it just doesn't do it for me.. Too wordy for my taste but I guess if you want a text adventure you want plenty of text, right?

I do like the interface.

Good luck with your future games.
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby BeanBean » Tue, 16Mar29 11:09

Thank you, everyone.

My webpage has clocked up more than 12,000 hits since I released this game less than a week ago and the feedback I have received has been overwhelmingly positive.

This game was made over a period of about 9 months. I wasn't not working on it every day, but it did take up a lot of my free time. If it were not so warmly embraced I doubt I would ever consider creating another.

I'm much more critical of my game than anyone else. I never felt that the Aurakul scenes worked, Blue Elf was a bit incidental (her character should have been merged with Hoarfrost's), some of the scenes should have been at least twice as long (or twice as descriptive), and there were too many cheap deaths/fails.

I'm also quite new to game design and fiction writing, and I still don't think I'm particularly good at either. I just tried my best to make the game hat I most wanted to play, that was also within my abilities to make.

Right now I plan to write a few short stories. One of these will be Stacked Justice prequel to direct members of the erotic fiction community to my game and hopefully bring more writers and readers in the AIF community.

When I do get around to making another game, it will probably be fantasy/sci-fi. I doubt that it will be direct sequel, but it may be set in the Stacked Justice universe.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Thu, 16Mar31 07:34

BeanBean wrote:Thank you, everyone.

My webpage has clocked up more than 12,000 hits since I released this game less than a week ago and the feedback I have received has been overwhelmingly positive.

This game was made over a period of about 9 months. I wasn't not working on it every day, but it did take up a lot of my free time. If it were not so warmly embraced I doubt I would ever consider creating another.

I'm much more critical of my game than anyone else. I never felt that the Aurakul scenes worked, Blue Elf was a bit incidental (her character should have been merged with Hoarfrost's), some of the scenes should have been at least twice as long (or twice as descriptive), and there were too many cheap deaths/fails.

I'm also quite new to game design and fiction writing, and I still don't think I'm particularly good at either. I just tried my best to make the game hat I most wanted to play, that was also within my abilities to make.

Right now I plan to write a few short stories. One of these will be Stacked Justice prequel to direct members of the erotic fiction community to my game and hopefully bring more writers and readers in the AIF community.

When I do get around to making another game, it will probably be fantasy/sci-fi. I doubt that it will be direct sequel, but it may be set in the Stacked Justice universe.

I dunno, I enjoyed Aurakul's scenes. I felt her character and Obsidian's characters were very similar, though. From their powers, to their quirks, to how I imagined each looking (I imagined Obsidian being quite literally black as black in terms of skin color, but Aurakul seemed African in my mind, kind of like an older Storm from the X-Men but with psychic powers instead). I kind of got the feeling you purposely positioned both on the same spectrum but on opposite sides, though. I agree on your criticism of Blue Elf, though. I felt not enough was done with her character, although she at least mad for a decent red herring early on. I also thought Misty's character wasn't explored enough from start to finish, as her character kind of gets introduced and then ramped up to eleven for the finale in a very short period of time. The letter on the door helped provide some backstory, but perhaps the player character could have witnessed an argument between her and Weather Women at the start of the game when they first arrive at the tower or something before she disappeared for the middle portion of the game. Also
I was bummed out that the player character never got to have sex with Hive. The anal tease with Whisper was funny, though.

Again, though, great game. I remember your prior game, Enticing Ella, but it didn't interest me very much for whatever reason, but you definitely showed a lot of improvement in your sophomore effort. Another game in the same universe or with a sci-fi setting would be cool, though. Perhaps you could kind of do what BBBen did with his Pervert Action series and apply similar characters and themes across different genres, so maybe Stacked Justice in space? The more grounded setting of Enticing Ella also could be good, too, if you ever feel like tackling a non-sci-fi/superhero setting for a game again.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby bigchief » Fri, 16Apr01 00:20

I played this the other day and I have to say I found it really enjoyable.

I did get confused at the part where
I had 2 of the team on my side and went to the briefing, accessed the lair and then got stuck - never realised I could go back from the briefing after dieing and get more of the girls on side. I also had issues with getting the invisibility after sex and assuming it was to steal something, rather than go into the other room. Took some time to stop trying to go to the lab ;)

All in all, a really nice game, good ideas for a world and was quite an original play. Ever read any of the Steelheart series by Brandon Sanderson? (only thing I can think of which has a similar theme, minus the sex).
bigchief
great white shark

Postby karrek » Sun, 16May01 17:52

Was this made with Twine, or some other engine?
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby BeanBean » Tue, 16May03 09:11

karrek wrote:Was this made with Twine, or some other engine?

Made in Twine 2 with Sugarcube 2.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby karrek » Tue, 16May03 13:31

Thanks!
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby phantomshark » Tue, 16May10 17:24

I must be a dope, I can't figure out the proper sequence to get the code from Kylie.
phantomshark
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Free sexy games