Re:Maid (Full)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Re:Maid (Full)

Postby Hoboy » Sat, 16Mar12 16:19

For what it's worth, I'm on a Mac using Safari...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sat, 16Mar12 17:15

I played through this once and enjoyed it for what it is. The story was reasonable, though it felt constrained by the art, as though he started with pictures and said, "What kind of story can I tell with these pictures?" I wasn't a huge fan of the art itself, though I know that "set background and a character occasionally appears in front of it" is the standard style for this genre, so I won't complain. The characters are attractive and humanly proportioned. I definitely appreciated that. I liked that there were personality differences between the characters. I enjoyed that the game was set in Japan and had Japanese characters, but, at least in the path I played, we didn't get into some of the more ... out there ... things you see in hentai (no train molestation or tentacles, etc).

I would have liked more pictures with more people in them. It was jarring to have the words say you're eating lunch in a crowded cafeteria but have the picture be an empty cafeteria. Of course, that's really just a reminder to lucky I am to be working with one of the best artists around on my games.

Given the constraints of the art and the genre, I'd expect the author to kind of shrug at all of the above and say, "Yeah, but my hands are tied." And that's probably true. I think he did a fine job with what he had. The one place I think he could have done better, though, is in the character development of the women. In the path I played, I had sex with one woman, then later had sex with another, then the second became my girlfriend and the former became a good friend to both of us. I like the result, but I didn't really see much explanation for why it happened. It seemed like there should have been more friction between the women, and something more concrete that brings us all together. There were some things that made us spend time together, but I didn't see much that drew us together emotionally. There was lots of room in the story for those things to happen, so I can fill it in in my own head. The story worked. I'd just have liked to see the bonding and emotional growth happen on screen instead of off screen.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby EscapeEvade » Sun, 16Mar13 02:53

tlaero wrote:Given the constraints of the art and the genre, I'd expect the author to kind of shrug at all of the above and say, "Yeah, but my hands are tied." And that's probably true. I think he did a fine job with what he had. The one place I think he could have done better, though, is in the character development of the women. In the path I played, I had sex with one woman, then later had sex with another, then the second became my girlfriend and the former became a good friend to both of us. I like the result, but I didn't really see much explanation for why it happened. It seemed like there should have been more friction between the women, and something more concrete that brings us all together. There were some things that made us spend time together, but I didn't see much that drew us together emotionally. There was lots of room in the story for those things to happen, so I can fill it in in my own head. The story worked. I'd just have liked to see the bonding and emotional growth happen on screen instead of off screen.

Tlaero

I was confused by that, as well. There didn't seem to be the tension that I'd have expected. I was surprised when I played through the Erika path, and without nearly as much buildup as with Hana, the main character has sex with her and they become a couple. Unless the implication is supposed to be that Hana is a bit of a sleep-around/easy-girl when she's drunk, then it doesn't make a lot of sense. But, regardless, I did like the story overall. I guess the friction was played out with the hiking scene, but that in and of itself makes the "Hana becomes a good friend" development slightly odd.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby gamebp » Sun, 16Mar13 16:10

nezumi69 wrote:
I haven't been able to access that site for more than 6 months for some reason. Has anyone else had trouble connecting to there?

Greebo wrote:I just took a look at pwpwpoker.com remaid and couldn't get further than a nonviewable .swf file

really ?
what are your browsers and OS ?
can someone take a screenshot, please ?
(or if someone can help me to fix the problem)

There is a link to all the wakthrough at the entrance of the site (where there is no flash content)
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sun, 16Mar13 17:19

I'm using Ubuntu 15.10, Firefox 44.0.2 with Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.577 but I think I just accidentally hit a bad page: http://timdir.com/tgp/games/pages/remai ... uWSW0I0GkA

I've since found the full game walkthrough!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby nezumi69 » Sun, 16Mar13 19:00

gamebp wrote:
nezumi69 wrote:
I haven't been able to access that site for more than 6 months for some reason. Has anyone else had trouble connecting to there?

Greebo wrote:I just took a look at pwpwpoker.com remaid and couldn't get further than a nonviewable .swf file

really ?
what are your browsers and OS ?
can someone take a screenshot, please ?
(or if someone can help me to fix the problem)

There is a link to all the wakthrough at the entrance of the site (where there is no flash content)

My problem was with both IE9 and google whatever version I'm currently using and am too lazy to find, on both a Windows 7 64 bit PC and a Windows 7(starter) 32 bit notebook PC. When I tried to connect to the site, my connection icon would just spin, until I would eventually get a failed connection time-out.

However, after my previous post, I tried again and was able to connect to your site. Recently, my internet provider changed my access point, which has improved my overall connectivity as well as speed rate. This seems to have also had an effect on WHAT I can connect to, because a couple of sites that I wasn't able to access or only provided limited access, now seem to be working and to full capacity. Long story short, I think the problem was related to my internet provider instead of a problem at the target server or my location.

Anyhow, back on topic, I had a javascript error of some kind on the Win7 starter notebook (read: piece of junk) when I tried to load the Maid on Newgrounds. Have managed to try a couple times to play on the desktop, but keep getting interrupted (by real life forces (I'll wafer it isn't Rugby League - that's what my inquiry returned... Spell these out! LRM) ). I like both the Hana and Erika avatars, but haven't managed to progress enough to see any other potential girls or much of the story yet.

Edit: LRM, while I apologize for shorthanding something that probably needed to be spelled out and appreciate your pointing that out, you come across as overly hostile here and I don't believe I deserve that.
Last edited by nezumi69 on Mon, 16Mar14 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby gamebp » Sun, 16Mar13 20:49

Greebo wrote:I'm using Ubuntu 15.10, Firefox 44.0.2 with Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.577 but I think I just accidentally hit a bad page: http://timdir.com/tgp/games/pages/remai ... uWSW0I0GkA

I've since found the full game walkthrough!

yes, but this is timdir, the website where i host my game.
However the loading of the game doesn't seem very transparent.
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby stoypmir » Mon, 16Mar14 05:43

The game was enjoyable so I thank you for sharing it. The only complaints I have with it (apart from the terrible story and character progression, but that's to be expected from the author) is the absolutely awful image quality. Is everything supposed to be pixelated? It would have been far more enjoyable if the picture quality hadn't been so bad. The girls are fine, but the backgrounds and sex scenes... :(
stoypmir
Pilot fish

Postby Stormy » Mon, 16Mar14 06:42

stoypmir wrote:The game was enjoyable so I thank you for sharing it. The only complaints I have with it (apart from the terrible story and character progression, but that's to be expected from the author) is the absolutely awful image quality. Is everything supposed to be pixelated? It would have been far more enjoyable if the picture quality hadn't been so bad. The girls are fine, but the backgrounds and sex scenes... :(

There is the HD version in their patron page. you have to pay them at least $1 to have it. ;)
trust me, the graphics is not awful, it's the bestest thing in this game.
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Petri » Mon, 16Mar14 17:51

I liked it very much... Up until the end.

The scene where Erika asks Nishi about why is he so shy, was excellent. It made the story seem less like something in a flash sex game, but something much more meaningful. You can get to this scene by asking to enter Erika's room, then when you're studying with her, ask what she meant when she asks why is Nishi so shy.

The scene near the end when you have sex with Erika came out of nowhere. It wasn't believable. Then when Hana became friends with Erika and Nishi, it also came out of nowhere. Then the game tries to wrap up the story in a couple of rushed sentences. It felt like the creator was tired of working so long and wanted to get it over with. That's fine, but there were scenes that could have been cut out to make way for a better ending.
Petri
Pilot fish

Postby Stormy » Tue, 16Mar15 09:47

Petri wrote:I liked it very much... Up until the end.

The scene where Erika asks Nishi about why is he so shy, was excellent. It made the story seem less like something in a flash sex game, but something much more meaningful. You can get to this scene by asking to enter Erika's room, then when you're studying with her, ask what she meant when she asks why is Nishi so shy.

The scene near the end when you have sex with Erika came out of nowhere. It wasn't believable. Then when Hana became friends with Erika and Nishi, it also came out of nowhere. Then the game tries to wrap up the story in a couple of rushed sentences. It felt like the creator was tired of working so long and wanted to get it over with. That's fine, but there were scenes that could have been cut out to make way for a better ending.

yeah I noticed the same thing. the creators may want to finish the game as soon as possible. therefore, the story doesn't have a proper flow. if they make their games for free then it's acceptable but they earn $15,821 per month, which is a huge amount considering they didn't put a lot of effort for this game. you have to pay for premium contents which play a huge role in the game, you have to pay for HD version, a lot of arts are reused, the backgrounds seem to be taken from free sources, they don't draw arts , they simply hire an artist to draw their arts (in last time they even stole arts without permission). they took ages to make this small game. within that period they collected a lot of money in each month. I think they have a potential but they more concern about the money than the quality of their works which isn't a good thing. so I am not really happy with their game. but I love the art style. I think they should extend this game and make a better story with the same characters. they should also add some better looking male characters. most of creators ignore guys and focus on female characters.some use really lame, losers as guys.I think it's a bad trend. we need more strong, self confident, good looking ,success , rich guys too because girls love guys with positive background and a look. otherwise the game only targets for men.
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Petri » Tue, 16Mar15 10:23

I kind of felt bad for writing my critique to this thread. I mean, it's a free game, how much could you ask for? ...

Stormy wrote: if they make their games for free then it's acceptable but they earn $15,821 per month...

Huh?

So I looked up the Pat-reon page myself and found out that the guy indeed makes 15000$ a month. If he gets that kind of money, I think it's fair to expect more from the creator. It's okay to critique in this case if the creator does something in a rushed way, like the ending.

Still, this guy is pretty good at what he does. Crusoe had it Easy was also great game. It's up to the Pat-reon backers to decide whether or not he deserves this kind of money.
Petri
Pilot fish

Postby Stormy » Tue, 16Mar15 15:53

Petri wrote:I kind of felt bad for writing my critique to this thread. I mean, it's a free game, how much could you ask for? ...

Stormy wrote: if they make their games for free then it's acceptable but they earn $15,821 per month...

Huh?

So I looked up the Pat-reon page myself and found out that the guy indeed makes 15000$ a month. If he gets that kind of money, I think it's fair to expect more from the creator. It's okay to critique in this case if the creator does something in a rushed way, like the ending.

Still, this guy is pretty good at what he does. Crusoe had it Easy was also great game. It's up to the Pat-reon backers to decide whether or not he deserves this kind of money.

yeah they have a potential, but it seems that they more care about the money than the quality of the game which I worry. I am a patron backer too. I still support them. will see where it goes. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Stormy » Tue, 16Mar15 20:40

I am wondering, anyone knows any game which has this art style? I really like this art style.
Stormy
great white shark

Postby karrek » Fri, 16Mar18 01:09

I'm a backer also, and there's still one ending I haven't been able to get:

The Yuri ending. I can get it with the sister/cousin cheats enabled, but I haven't been able to get it without them. Has anyone else? The dev assures people it's possible but still hasn't updated that part of the walkthrough.

Any help appreciated!
karrek
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games