Teacher's pet by Dr Realgood

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Teacher's pet by Dr Realgood

Postby neon » Wed, 15Dec02 06:35

SpikeTheGoat wrote:

DroopyLoving wrote:I'm a bit stuck:

Did you use the buttplug multiple times on her? Just repeat the command. Eventually she should tell you she is ready for your manhood. Then just have anal sex with her after that.

I'm having the same issue.
I go through the motions once with the plug, (ending with a message that has "did you call me miss") and then if i try to go further with the plug she says "‘No fuckin way mister, not again,, well, for tonight anyway.’ She giggles." and anal won't work either

EDIT: nvm, figured it out just after posting

I was just using "fuck lisa with plug" and you need to use "fuck ass with plug"
neon
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Venom » Wed, 15Dec02 13:21

anyone got this running on Linux?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ptmg30 » Wed, 15Dec02 14:25

you could mention that it's TADS3 file.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby artorawley » Wed, 15Dec02 15:05

Interesting game, albeit short and not much to do other than the AIF history quiz. I'm guessing from Dr. Realgood's posts on his blog that perhaps he's going to revisit Emma and/or Evie in a future game, but what I would actually like to see him do is expand on this game. This game is basically a proof of concept, but if he built upon it I think he could make a great game out of it rather than start over on a new game. With the time system in place his game really lends itself to more activities for the player to do during the day, and if he expanded the game to multiple days such as including the date with Evie or exploring Emma's old hots for the player from back in junior school while building up the player's relationship with the teacher then I think the story could really crescendo to multiple satisfying endings (hooking up with the teacher by the end of the week, hooking up with Evie, hooking up with Emma, or the old classic "fuck 'em all" ending for the completionists). I would much rather see this instead of another very short game (or "visual novel" as Dr. Realgood referred to this game) based on one sex scene. Oh well, his game so it's up to him on what he wants to do.

That being said, I thought the characters looked fantastic (there's some wonky lighting during some of the sex acts but it isn't very distracting) and for a first-time TADS3 coder he did very well in making a relatively bug-free game. I only noticed a few grammar errors and some bugged responses when asking Lisa about prior topics from class, but nothing game-breaking or affecting the main path through the game.

ptmg30 wrote:you could mention that it's TADS3 file.

It runs fine in the original TADS interpreter so I don't believe having a TADS3 interpreter is necessary. It doesn't seem to work in Gargoyle, though.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby ptmg30 » Wed, 15Dec02 16:16

but there was nothing insinuating it was a TADS3 file till the download finished. some people maybe lost of where to get the interpreter, because what TADS game has come out since GoblinBoy stopped?
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby Depeche » Wed, 15Dec02 18:43

Imho, it's an EXCELLENT first AIF game. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

The atmosphere is there, characters are engaging, there's a good teasing about Dave's girlfriend and his sister Evie, the main path is well written, the story climbs up nice to a great conclusion.
Pictures are superb, in the mood of the text.
And the game has no crash bugs ( or i didn't found any )

The simplier the best ? Yep, a short one, but for a first attempt, it's (for me ) a success.

I'd like to play many games from you, Dr RealGood, you deserve your nickname ;)
Depeche
lagoon predator

Postby Snejan » Wed, 15Dec02 19:43

Quite fine game.
Any hind about emma and dave after the first part of the test?
Can you look under her skirt?
Snejan
Pilot fish

Postby Trucla » Wed, 15Dec02 20:20

Venom wrote:anyone got this running on Linux?
Found a way:
1.- Open your software center and search for qtads. Install it.
2.- Eliminate the space in the name of the game.
3.- Open your terminal and go to the folder where the game is.
4.- Type qtads (nameofthegame).t3 and press enter.
5.- Reply OK to a message about update.

You're done. Works like a charm, at least up to the moment you enter the classroom.
Cheers!

Edit: Don't close the terminal before closing qtads!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Cochise » Wed, 15Dec02 21:53

It was pretty good. Is this like a beta or the beginning of a series? When you finish the game you get a little "there's more to come" disclaimer.

I don't really see the need for a scoring system when the game's so linear, but I can live with it. The pictures were good, the only one that looked weird was the one you get after a handjob.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Thu, 15Dec03 00:13

Trucla wrote:
Venom wrote:anyone got this running on Linux?
Found a way:
1.- Open your software center and search for qtads. Install it.
2.- Eliminate the space in the name of the game.
3.- Open your terminal and go to the folder where the game is.
4.- Type qtads (nameofthegame).t3 and press enter.
5.- Reply OK to a message about update.

You're done. Works like a charm, at least up to the moment you enter the classroom.
Cheers!

Edit: Don't close the terminal before closing qtads!

Managed to figure that one out eventually
working on the scene were the teacher comes home now and wants some wine and dance
given her some wine can't seem to get her dancing
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Thu, 15Dec03 01:41

Venom wrote:working on the scene were the teacher comes home now and wants some wine and dance
given her some wine can't seem to get her dancing

Stop trying to be polite about it and just force her to dance ;)

I had some trouble with that one too. If I remember correctly, it was just... "dance with lisa". Most games of this nature are a combination of finding/taking/using objects and then conversation driven. I kept trying to come up with different ways of talking to her about dancing (which she completely ignores).
redle
star of the reef

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Thu, 15Dec03 01:49

I was one of the beta testers for this game.

It annoys me that I missed the "ask lisa about problem" bug that has been spotted by another player.

But rest assured that Doc Realgood made a HUGE effort to clean up his game before releasing it.

He fixed at least 40 bugs and countless other errors before publishing.

I know from how much effort I put in to spotting problems that he put in FAAAR more effort into fixing them. I was only one of his testers.

He didn't just put it out there with no consideration. He was really committed to making it as good as he could, while sticking to his original vision, before putting it in your hand(s).

My personal opinion is that this game does have some issues - the quiz, mainly - but that the author has learned a LOT and that his next game will be so much better.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby SpikeTheGoat » Thu, 15Dec03 02:08

I'd say you guys did good testing. It is hard to catch everything, especially with things you aren't likely to try.

When I did my 'normal' playthrough (I usually try a lot of things, even if I imagine they won't work) I didn't find much. An awkward reply when you asked her a question during the second part of the quiz (she answers as though she is still waiting for your answer about helping her or not), I could get the dancing scenes to repeat endlessly if I didn't push further, and a handful of other minor things - but nothing that broke the game for me.

I'd say it was a good first game and I was impressed by the images that were done in a relatively short time after switching entirely to new models and the like.
SpikeTheGoat
great white shark

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Thu, 15Dec03 02:17

I would not deny that the images are some of the best I have seen in AIF.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby wildride » Thu, 15Dec03 10:12

Quiz answers
Morning:
kirsty
rochelle
heidi
michelle
bolger