Working Man v1.01 (August 8th 2015)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Working Man v1.01 (August 8th 2015)

Postby redle » Tue, 15Nov03 09:03

This is mostly repeating information already said, but in case it wasn't clear...
pipboy wrote:
Trucla wrote:You must have .NET framework v2.0 installed. If it isn't search in m$oft downloads for a version of it for your OS.
Cheers!
It seems like I automatically have it because it came with Win8. But unfortunately it seems to not work. But thank you anyways! :)

Dole wrote:I think it is a Win8 problem...
Thank you very much! I tried both solutions, even installed .NET 4.6, tried many others but I got no hope. I guess I will not be able to play this AIF :( But thank you very much anyways for your help! :)
*EDIT: Other ADRIFT games seem to work fine on my pc. Interestingly my PC decided not to play Working Man I suppose..

I know many pieces of software work such that if you have a newer version, then you can load or run anything older. Both ADRIFT and .NET are not like this. You must have the version that is an exact match. So, in the case of .net, having v3.5 and/or v4.6, for the purposes of playing this game, is the same as not having .net installed at all. You must find .net v2.0. It must be exactly this version and install it.

If you've already tried this, and it still doesn't work, all I can suggest is give more details. Describe exactly when in the process of running the game you get an error. Copy all of the text from the error and list it. Then describe what happens after the error (i.e. the game closes on its own; the game stays open, but I can't do anything; the game keeps running, but every time I try to do something I get a repeat of the error; etc).
redle
star of the reef

Postby wildride » Tue, 15Nov03 11:31

Just so people know it is NOT a windows 8 problem. I played this on Windows 8 before I upgraded to Win10. (It works with no drama on Win10 too)

.net is pre-installed on Win8 (probly Win7 too) and trying to manually install it will just give a popup saying its already part of your system and will exit the installation process.

Make sure that win 8 is using the older .net frameworks too: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable- ... windows-8/ It could be your set to use 4.6 but not the older frameworks, you need both enabled.

Now I do have adrift 5 installed, uninstalled and it still works fine, but if you dont have it installed you might want to try installing it as it may come with additional resources that are added to the system during the install but not removed during the uninstall. http://www.adrift.co/download

Finally if the 2 above things dont work the only thing I can think of other than something on your PC interfering with the functionality of your PC is DirectX. Win8 uses DirectX11, but does not include DX9, you may need to add DX9 files to your PC. You can get them at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109 and yes this again is something I have done with Win8 and again with win10 due to several games that require these older files.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Tue, 15Nov03 13:22

Ice wrote:Has anybody else played the game on Windows8 ?

The executable works just fine on my Windows 8 install.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Xabio » Tue, 15Nov03 18:27

redle wrote:This is mostly repeating information already said, but in case it wasn't clear...
pipboy wrote:
Trucla wrote:You must have .NET framework v2.0 installed. If it isn't search in m$oft downloads for a version of it for your OS.
Cheers!
It seems like I automatically have it because it came with Win8. But unfortunately it seems to not work. But thank you anyways! :)

Dole wrote:I think it is a Win8 problem...
Thank you very much! I tried both solutions, even installed .NET 4.6, tried many others but I got no hope. I guess I will not be able to play this AIF :( But thank you very much anyways for your help! :)
*EDIT: Other ADRIFT games seem to work fine on my pc. Interestingly my PC decided not to play Working Man I suppose..

I know many pieces of software work such that if you have a newer version, then you can load or run anything older. Both ADRIFT and .NET are not like this. You must have the version that is an exact match. So, in the case of .net, having v3.5 and/or v4.6, for the purposes of playing this game, is the same as not having .net installed at all. You must find .net v2.0. It must be exactly this version and install it.

If you've already tried this, and it still doesn't work, all I can suggest is give more details. Describe exactly when in the process of running the game you get an error. Copy all of the text from the error and list it. Then describe what happens after the error (i.e. the game closes on its own; the game stays open, but I can't do anything; the game keeps running, but every time I try to do something I get a repeat of the error; etc).

I was having the same problem too, after I changed my computer's language and location settings to the USA it's solved.
Xabio
sirens hunter

Postby pipboy » Tue, 15Nov03 22:30

Wow, thanks everybody for your massive support :) I honestly did not expect that much :) So .NET2.0 was already installed, ADRIFT 5.0 already was up to date, I tried other IF games from ADRIFT website and they worked fine and I was about go crazy until
Xabio wrote:I was having the same problem too, after I changed my computer's language and location settings to the USA it's solved.

I tried this and BOOM :crazy: Everything worked just fine and I can finally play this game :)

Thank you all again for your awesome support.
And thank you Xabio especially.
pipboy
sirens hunter

Postby Rastaranx » Wed, 15Nov18 10:51

Hi,
I used to be able to play the game without any problems, but now whenever I go to the cafeteria for the first time working man stops responding at first, then it resumes but I can't save the game (the message "cancelled" appears) and images won't load (only text appears when I examine someone for exmample).

Can someone help me fix this?
Rastaranx
great white shark

Postby DroopyLoving » Fri, 15Dec04 00:50

Hey Ice,

Is there any update on the follow up to this. I was really impressed by Working Man and am looking forward to the sequel.
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby Danos1975 » Fri, 15Dec04 03:01

DroopyLoving wrote:Hey Ice,

Is there any update on the follow up to this. I was really impressed by Working Man and am looking forward to the sequel.

Games of this quality and complexity normally take years to make. I doubt we will see anything else from this author for a while.
Danos1975
great white shark

Postby Seztworks » Sun, 15Dec06 17:11

Really lovely game. One of the reasons I started my own project. Looking forward to any future stuff from him.
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby wardenvanstark » Mon, 15Dec07 18:23

does anyone has the problem of missing images? I can see some of the pictures but most of them are unseen with an error message.
What might be the problem and what is the solution to it? Thanks in advance!
wardenvanstark
Pilot fish

Postby wllwf » Mon, 15Dec07 23:02

Guys,I need help.I finished the game 98%.But I still cannot get the birthday scene. Have sex with all The ladies. Drive to all the places.Activicated the hidden scene. Ice's walkthrough is different from another guy's walkthrough.
wllwf
great white shark

Postby Ice » Tue, 15Dec08 01:07

wardenvanstark wrote:does anyone has the problem of missing images? I can see some of the pictures but most of them are unseen with an error message.

Please check post #1 of this thread. It may answer your problem.
Ice
great white shark

Postby wardenvanstark » Tue, 15Dec08 20:18

Ice wrote:
wardenvanstark wrote:does anyone has the problem of missing images? I can see some of the pictures but most of them are unseen with an error message.

I did actually and I still don't know what I'm missing because it is just my second time to play this kind of game. Just at the beginning I recieve and ADRIFT error message saying "bad expression ...". During the game, I can see some images but for example in blowjob scene I don't see any and I keep recieving error messages and some like missing image file notifications.
wardenvanstark
Pilot fish

Postby Ice » Wed, 15Dec09 02:06

wardenvanstark wrote:
Ice wrote:

I did actually and I still don't know what I'm missing because it is just my second time to play this kind of game. Just at the beginning I recieve and ADRIFT error message saying "bad expression ...". During the game, I can see some images but for example in blowjob scene I don't see any and I keep recieving error messages and some like missing image file notifications.

Some users have reported that putting the locale to English US fixes expressions errors they were having.
Ice
great white shark

Postby azrael » Sun, 16Jan03 03:59

there will be any update, or the game is finished?
azrael
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games