Help pick the next Tlaero and Mortze game

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Which game should we do next?

Finding Miranda
55%
Redemption for Jessika
45%

Total votes : 175

Re: Help pick the next Tlaero and Mortze game

Postby ares » Thu, 15Dec24 18:34

Issho wrote: Personally I and all of the men I know, don´t take a relationship, before having at least for one time Sex with the girl (who knows, if it really harmonizes in the bed).

All the women I know don't take a relationship seriously before having sex either. And I think it's a very healthy behavior.

Probably tlaero will argue that women in her stories are not taking the relationship seriously either before the sex. The fact that they take their time doesnt mean that they are in love when they finally do have sex.

On the other hand, I think that the formula of a game in which the goal and ultimate prize is to have sex with the lady - the vdate formula we may call it - is kind of used up. And I think DwE, although it comes with a backstory, is ultimately a vdate game. To put it succintly, in DwE because the main character wants be with the heroine, he becomes part of whatever is happening to her.

An example of something different would be BEW, where things happen in the world whether you want to sleep with a particular girl or not. In that sense, it doesnt feel like a vdate but more like a story in which explicit sex plays a role. BEW feels like the main purpose of the player is unravelling the misteries of the world, not having sex with anyone in particular. In the course of doing so, you may end up having wild sex or falling in love, but that's not the point. In that sense, I think BEW is a step forward in this genre. Assuming it is finished at some point...
ares
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Thu, 15Dec24 22:49

ares wrote:The fact that they take their time doesnt mean that they are in love when they finally do have sex.

I believe it is more about trust, and earning enough of it so that she feels comfortable taking the friendship to a new (and possibly relationship type changing) level.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Issho » Thu, 15Dec24 22:57

Trust is of course a reasonable Indicator, but i remember in her games, that the girl often says something like that at the end before the act: "Mister are we now friends...yes your are my girlfriend now...*kissing, ok come here!". After that the game ends. So I assume, that you have to be her girlfriend before having the possibility to interact with her. But it´s just a little thing I noticed myself. Of course we can also interpret, that the guy turned out to be an asshole and left her after some days :)
Issho
great white shark

Postby Stormy » Fri, 15Dec25 17:33

anything which doesn't have a bad ending. :D
Stormy
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Dec26 20:21

ares wrote:On the other hand, I think that the formula of a game in which the goal and ultimate prize is to have sex with the lady - the vdate formula we may call it - is kind of used up.

If we're going to name the genre, let's call the style "arianeb" instead of "vdate," since both Chaotic and I were inspired by Ariane, but not much by each other.

I certainly enjoy BEW, and am hands down impressed with Wolfschadowe and his work. His writing and artwork are top notch, and his ambition and work ethic are staggering. The downside to that style of game, though, is what you pointed out. We're almost 3 years into BEW and have only just started. I'm ecstatic that Wolf is making BEW, but if that's the future of the genre, then it's a future with very few games.

I'm pretty sure I've only done one game where there's no sex until the end, and I don't think I've ever had a character say anything like, "Mister are we now friends...yes your are my girlfriend now...*kissing, ok come here!" So the original "Meet, impress, have sex, end," formula doesn't feel like what I do in my games. But it certainly is the case that the first question I answer when I sit down to make one of these games is "why is it hard to have sex with the main character?" If the current generation's practice is to have sex before deciding whether or not to go out on a date ... well, I don't see how that's going to work in my games. If it's going to be a game, there has to be a goal, and there needs to be obstacles in the way of that goal. If it's going to be an erotic game, it seems like the goal should have something to do with sex.

That said, in the games I'm doing with Mortze, there's more going on in the world than the sex lives of the main characters. You got a small introduction to that in DwE, and you'll learn more in the next game. I'm not sure that it'll be enough to satisfy, but I'm enjoying where things are going.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Dec26 21:11

If you're saying that the younger generation would first have sex and then see if there's a good base for going further in the relationship and that should be put into games I don't see much trouble.
But it will change the format of the game.

Currently we have:

Characters meet - Building of Trust between them - Sex

But if you want Characters meet - Sex - Building of Trust that's easy to do too.
The problem is that, for a quick game erotic rush, the building of trust after sex looses lots of playing potential. When players look for these kind of games they look for the erotic part. Period. Having lots of challenges and quests leading to that goal is what drives players. When the goal is acheived the rush is gone.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Issho » Sat, 15Dec26 21:52

No no, your Format is good. What I don´t like is the type of game from Chaotic, where everything is Sex.
To clear my statement...Dating, Trust etc. are of course the factors you need, before having the opportunity for Sex (not always). Of course my quote before was wrong, it was just a thougth of myself, when I was reading the last conversations. On DwE for example I had the feeling at the end, that you have to be her girlfriend before jumping in the bed with her. On the first part of your game Mortze, i had the same feeling with the Nerd guy and the shy girl. That was just something, where I thougt to myself: "that´s not the way it is in real life".
So to clearify my thoughts. How you build up the game is good, just the last conversation between the two was something I didn´t like that much. I think, that here it is the best, not to let them talk about a relationship. If I had done something like that with my Dating girls, they would ran faster away from me than Speedy Gonzales. Any magic would kind of fly away in one second and that mystery independent guy/girl, would be a burden to the other one.
To say it in one sentence: Our generation (well, I really don´t know if I´am in a other one :D but the age of 20-30) don´t talk about relationship, they just let it develop and before recognizing, they would be in one! Of course there are also some, who want to know the status, but that´s always after some time.
Issho
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Dec26 23:07

Just to clarify, Issho, in Pandora Part I, neither Maggie or Kean aknowledge they are in a relationship.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Mortze » Tue, 15Dec29 22:26

M'lady Tlaero demanded that I post a little sneak peek at our next game.
We are going well in the game. I'd say we have about 75-80% of it done.

Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby sharksfan » Wed, 15Dec30 02:23

Mortze wrote:M'lady Tlaero demanded that I post a little sneak peek at our next game.

OMG!!! Very hot!! Thank you so much for the sneak peak [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] good luck with completion, eagerly awaiting!!! You both are tremendous talents [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
sharksfan
great white shark

Postby MisterU » Wed, 15Dec30 23:27

I don't wanna hurt any feelings here, but that neck looks really weird, unrealistic...
The girl left arm and the guy shirt, what's going on there?
Also most guys that wear glasses usually remove them before engaging on sexual activities, at least i do [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
MisterU
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Thu, 15Dec31 00:05

MisterU wrote:I don't wanna hurt any feelings here, but that neck looks really weird, unrealistic...
Also most guys that wear glasses usually remove them before engaging on sexual activities, at least i do [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

Well i don't, prefer to see. Cause i enjoy sex with all my senses. That said for laughs, make it possible to remove glasses in that scene. But let everyone see a blurry state

Anyway looks good to me except for that girls left arm, is it going through that body?
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby nacho666 » Sat, 16Jan02 12:31

MisterU wrote:I don't wanna hurt any feelings here, but that neck looks really weird, unrealistic...

I do too, but I only need glasses for reading, driving or precision work.
Skelaturi wrote:Well i don't, prefer to see. Cause i enjoy sex with all my senses. That said for laughs, make it possible to remove glasses in that scene. But let everyone see a blurry state

Anyway looks good to me except for that girls left arm, is it going through that body?

I understand that some people do not see without them or without lenses.
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
nacho666
great white shark

Postby jacke » Sun, 16Jan03 13:09

Mortze wrote:M'lady Tlaero demanded that I post a little sneak peek at our next game.

Nice teasing !
jacke
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sun, 16Jan03 14:40

MisterU wrote:Also most guys that wear glasses usually remove them before engaging on sexual activities, at least i do

I don't know what study did you make to say such statement :))
But by my personal experience, and I reflect it in the character, if I take of my glasses I'd not enjoy what has to be visually enjoyable. I just can't because I'd be as good as blind. So, yeah, I like to keep my spectacles on :)
I like to think that I'm not the sole weirdo on earth to do that.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games