Driving with London (LoP)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Driving with London (LoP)

Postby DroopyLoving » Sun, 15Jul19 14:51

Just been playing Lesson of Passion's latest free offering.
First thought - Short, very very short. I know it's a free game, so I don't really have any right to complain, but there's only about An hour's worth of play in the game, and that's to get all four endings and all the achievements.
Otherwise it does everything that LoP games do well, it looks incredible and the writing is top notch as normal.

Anyone else played it? Any thoughts?
DroopyLoving
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Driving with London (LoP)

Postby evilgrim » Sun, 15Jul19 15:38

Just played it myself a short game but good ,

just stuck on getting two achievements smells good and mr polite
evilgrim
great white shark

Postby benshamrock7 » Sun, 15Jul19 16:42

I enjoyed it, but i agree that was quite short even for a free game.
My Artwork: http://benshamrock.deviantart.com/
benshamrock7
Pilot fish

Postby DroopyLoving » Sun, 15Jul19 17:02

evilgrim wrote:Just played it myself a short game but good ,

Can't remember Mr Polite, but smells good is smelling the flowers in the very first screen.
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 15Jul19 17:44

DroopyLoving wrote:Just been playing Lesson of Passion's latest free offering.
First thought - Short, very very short. I know it's a free game, so I don't really have any right to complain, but there's only about An hour's worth of play in the game, and that's to get all four endings and all the achievements.
Otherwise it does everything that LoP games do well, it looks incredible and the writing is top notch as normal.

Anyone else played it? Any thoughts?

To save anyone else from the fruitless search I just had, this game is not on LoP but PF1...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby ut1stgear1 » Sun, 15Jul19 22:24

As far as I know most of the free games on LoP are posted on PF1 since Leo is at least involved with both sites. He runs PF1 for sure but am not sure about LoP.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Sun, 15Jul19 22:59

As others have said, the game is very short. The game, therefore, ends up having the idea of a story, rather than an actual story. It's more of a story concept, with nothing fleshed out at all. The idea could be made into something interesting, but right now it's just a bit of eye-candy.

As part of the lack of character/story development, I must say I was rather disappointed that
there wasn't really any good ending. Yes, there is a supposedly "happily ever after" ending, but that ending requires the most evil of playthroughs. To choose London as your main interest, basically you must skip all the story elements that actually show your girlfriend as trouble.

Basically your choices are:
1. Pursue your girlfriend, find out she's no good, and have it all eventually crash and burn (now or later).
2. Ignore your girlfriend, cheat on her, and abandon her, all while thinking she's been good to you. On top of it all, you're doing all this to be with someone who seems to just be using you to get herself out of her problems (there's a claim that there is a "real connection" and it isn't just using... but the game's too short to actually give the claim any support).

The flirting with the boss's wife, the finding out your girlfriend is not worth your time, etc... I'm good with all these plot concepts. None of them are explored enough to make them meaningful.

I realize that the free games are sometimes more of a platform to test a quick game mechanic, propose a story concept, give a new artist a showcase to see how his work is received, show a bit of eye-candy to get people interested in helping to support the larger, pay projects, etc... Even with all that in mind, it might be nice to have at least one branch of the free projects drift back towards something like the I Love Laura work. Basically, create these small games like you have been, and add some sexy scenes into each one, but have a continued storyline going. Each game can still play differently as new things are being tried and work can still be squeezed into spare time to produce them. Never the less, a bit of a story can still be crafted. Just a thought.
redle
star of the reef

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 15Jul23 18:24

redle wrote:I realize that the free games are sometimes more of a platform to test a quick game mechanic, propose a story concept, give a new artist a showcase to see how his work is received, show a bit of eye-candy to get people interested in helping to support the larger, pay projects, etc... Even with all that in mind, it might be nice to have at least one branch of the free projects drift back towards something like the I Love Laura work. Basically, create these small games like you have been, and add some sexy scenes into each one, but have a continued storyline going. Each game can still play differently as new things are being tried and work can still be squeezed into spare time to produce them. Never the less, a bit of a story can still be crafted. Just a thought.

Well I totally agree with you in this case. Not all the free games are so poor, as you said I Love Laura was providing a good time and had a nice, even if short, story leading to an ending. Hot Wife: Tara was another good free game...
Maybe LoP/PF1 sometimes just want to release a game, I think they may have no time now to reach their usual standards... And as you said this one could be just a story concept to evaluate our reactions to the story.

I am thankful for this one too, it maybe could be, let's say, "poor" in storyline, but it's definitely giving some good time. Plus... The storyline can be really interesting!
Just my opinion ;)
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby saolo996 » Thu, 15Jul23 19:34

DroopyLoving wrote:

Can't remember Mr Polite, but smells good is smelling the flowers in the very first screen.

If you haven't found out by yourself yet Mr Polite is:

When in the shop with London be "polite" when she thanks you for being there and giving your opinions

Am I the only one who thinks a little playable ending, if you reach one of the good endings, would be nice? I mean... To run a sex scene is just not as to watch it!
What do you think about it? Both authors and players (I know authors will disagree with me... Extra work for them! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] )
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby kertenkele » Sun, 15Jul26 22:40

A free game may be short; the main problem is the sex scenes are a little dull. That relates to the other problem that the story was ridiculous (no offense)... I mean, ok that's a fantasy fiction, I'm not asking for ultra realistic story flow or characters but come on, it really got out of hand...
kertenkele
Pilot fish

Postby ChrisX1 » Sat, 15Aug01 23:15

for Mr. Polite

take the money
leave apartment
talk to to jerry
ask about the money
don't push the issue further
ChrisX1
sirens hunter

Postby Jashu469 » Thu, 15Aug06 11:38

I have to agree with some of the other posters. It feels like half a game and getting the "good" ending seems pretty counter-intuitive because you have to be a cheating jerk to get there. Good artwork, but the story could use a lot more fleshing out, so to speak.
Jashu469
great white shark

Postby Wolf007 » Thu, 15Aug06 20:28

Jashu469 wrote:I have to agree with some of the other posters. It feels like half a game and getting the "good" ending seems pretty counter-intuitive because you have to be a cheating jerk to get there. Good artwork, but the story could use a lot more fleshing out, so to speak.

That is a good point. While is not hard (it's kind of obvious) to figure out from the start that your girlfriend is fucking your boss, there should be a confirmation scene before you choose to be with London.
Wolf007
sirens hunter

Return to Free sexy games