The Last Sovereign [Updated 9/8 - CHAPTER COMPLETE!]

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat, 16Dec24 20:05

el drakki wrote:I love your game Sierra :16:

Thank you! ^-^
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Nezumi » Sun, 17Jan01 09:27

Been a while since I last played, during Yarra's path I believe it was. Still remains an amazing game with my favourite parts being the party interactions. I have played quite a few RPG maker games, most of them are games which gather together party members and as far as I'm concerned this game is the best I have played with conversations between party members.

And such diverse members as well, each has their own personalities and traits, a couple of the later girls have annoyed me (Nalili mostly) but for the most part you have done an excellent job in developing them, especially the original group, they have grown throughout the game.

Looking forward to more releases
Nezumi
great white shark
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat, 11Dec24 03:52
sex: Masculine

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon, 17Jan02 01:01

Nezumi wrote:Been a while since I last played, during Yarra's path I believe it was. Still remains an amazing game with my favourite parts being the party interactions. I have played quite a few RPG maker games, most of them are games which gather together party members and as far as I'm concerned this game is the best I have played with conversations between party members.

And such diverse members as well, each has their own personalities and traits, a couple of the later girls have annoyed me (Nalili mostly) but for the most part you have done an excellent job in developing them, especially the original group, they have grown throughout the game.

Looking forward to more releases

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! I definitely try to keep a focus on character development: the new characters will keep growing and the old characters will gain new depth as the story goes on. The release I'm working on splits the party again, so I get to throw together some new combinations of characters who haven't had much time to play off each other. I look forward to releasing it and a lot of other updates in the new year!
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat, 17Jan14 00:18

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.23.0 has just been released to patrons! This update takes us into Zirantia for the first time.

Image

A new country means new plot, new tilesets, a new language, and new characters! You'll get to meet her and many others this time, and some of those meetings will be tense:
Image

This game also has a lot of sex in it, I swear.

Image
For example, Yarra gets to indulge one of her long-held fantasies this update. The political situation might be walking a tightrope, but succubi have strong feelings about how to reduce tension...

You can expect this version to be posted here in a week!
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat, 17Jan14 21:43

Hey, guys! An interview with me was just posted on LewdGamer, check it out:
https://www.lewdgamer.com/2017/01/14/in ... sovereign/
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Jan15 03:00

Oh wow.

After playing and enjoying Mallek's RPG Maker game, I decided to give The Last Sovereign a try. Sierra, I'm really impressed. I put something like 15 hours into it and got to the end of chapter 1. After skimming the blog, it looks like you're on CH3 now, so maybe I'm 1/3 of the way through where you currently are.

Writing and story are near and dear to my heart, and both are extremely well done here. The interesting plot, the humor, the playing with genre stereotypes, the sexual world that is internally consistent and works. Excellent work.

Characters are also near and dear to my heart, and you've got a large cast of interesting, memorable ones. The dialog is also first rate.

The writing in this game is a serious, serious achievement.

The gameplay itself is something I would have killed for when I was younger. It's retro now, but well done. Most of what a lot of us here make is "Porn, with gameplay elements." TLS is a "Game, with erotic elements." I found myself a bit torn on that. If I'm in it for the eroticism, there's a lot of gameplay "getting in the way." But this is clearly what you were setting out to do, and you've done such a great job that I'm not about to complain. And I did play for a long time because I was enjoying it.

In the end, I was more interested in the story than the gameplay, and the time/story ratio was off for me. With lots of things vying for my time, I suspect I won't get back to this for the further chapters. But this is completely a matter of taste, not an indication of quality. TLS oozes quality. I mostly don't suggest you change anything. You're making the game you want to make, and it shows gloriously. Keep up the great work.

The one thing I'd change, and I don't know if RPG maker allows this, is to be able to go back when reading multi-page text. Every once in a while I'd bump the space bar while reading one of your excellent sex scenes, miss a page, and have no way to go back and see it (other than restore, but I didn't save often enough to make that reasonable).

Okay, two other things I'd change. I'd add mouse support for people who'd like to click rather than arrow and space (allowing either). And I'd add a couple auto-save points. That final battle in Robin's academy was much harder than the previous ones, and it killed me. When that happened, I realized I hadn't saved for a long time and had to redo a bunch. It would have been great if it had autosaved just before the final battle. Etc.

Minor stuff, for sure. Excellent work, Sierra. Excellent, excellent work.

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Ripe » Sun, 17Jan15 05:25

tlaero wrote:...The one thing I'd change, and I don't know if RPG maker allows this, is to be able to go back when reading multi-page text. Every once in a while I'd bump the space bar while reading one of your excellent sex scenes, miss a page, and have no way to go back and see it (other than restore, but I didn't save often enough to make that reasonable).

Okay, two other things I'd change. I'd add mouse support for people who'd like to click rather than arrow and space (allowing either). And I'd add a couple auto-save points. That final battle in Robin's academy was much harder than the previous ones, and it killed me. When that happened, I realized I hadn't saved for a long time and had to redo a bunch. It would have been great if it had autosaved just before the final battle. Etc.

You get the ability to re-read plot sex scenes (RP locked ones you can replay often) at one point during Chapter 2 in form of a Reflect skill for Simon.

As for saves, there are few auto save points during the game (could be more of them) but with 99 save slots you can afford to save often, especially considering there is only a few instances you can't save your game. Mouse support would be nice but I guess I got used to use arrows by now...
Ripe
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun, 11Mar27 00:00

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun, 17Jan15 19:06

Thanks for the extended feedback, Tlaero! I'm glad you enjoyed the game and I completely understand about the time investment - we all have to choose how to use what little we have, and a massive game like this isn't going to fit for everyone.

I haven't found options I like for rolling back text, but as mentioned you get a scene replay ability later in the plot. Mouse support is not a request I've gotten before, but I'll definitely log your preference and see if there aren't any good scripts to support it. I try to take all feedback into account and include any features that make the game better for some people, so thanks for giving your thoughts!
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Mon, 17Jan16 21:17

I absolutely loved that first level. This game is awesome.
User avatar
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat, 16Mar12 19:05
sex: Masculine

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat, 17Jan21 00:11

Version 0.23.1 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

Version 0.23.0
- New section of the story added, beginning the Zirantian section.
- Two new sex scenes.
- The previous iteration of Ari-Yhilina has been updated, adding more potential affection.
Version 0.23.1
- The usual bugfixes and polishing.
- Additional flavor text added to palace room and the crypt.
- Thanks to Lamsey for fixing and converting a lot of musical tracks. If you noticed any minor audio glitches before, those should be fixed now thanks to him!
- Thanks to Decanter, we have a new Funai sprite that matches her coloring better.
- Since the "optimize" option does not really optimize in a game with multiple stats on equipment, it has been renamed. Thanks to HarmlessArachnid for volunteering his scripting knowledge, even if it didn't get used in the end. The discussions and contributions of players help me keep polishing all the details. ^-^

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I absolutely loved that first level. This game is awesome.

Thanks!
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Postby Köpi » Sun, 17Jan22 19:27

Hey Sierra Lee,

since having your game played a few times before and I'm now playing a rerun after quite a whilte, I just wanted to thank you for your awesome game.

I just have one little question. I know you excluded grinding on purpose, but why? I like having full equip and don't mind grinding a little bit. Why don't you leave it optional, that every player can decide on his/her own, if he'd like to grind or play the tougher version of the game?

Anyway, thank you for your (sometimes really hard) awesome game. I really love playing it.
User avatar
Köpi
great white shark
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun, 12Feb26 23:18
sex: Masculine

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Postby el drakki » Mon, 17Jan23 20:44

Köpi wrote:Hey Sierra Lee,

since having your game played a few times before and I'm now playing a rerun after quite a whilte, I just wanted to thank you for your awesome game.

I just have one little question. I know you excluded grinding on purpose, but why? I like having full equip and don't mind grinding a little bit. Why don't you leave it optional, that every player can decide on his/her own, if he'd like to grind or play the tougher version of the game?

Anyway, thank you for your (sometimes really hard) awesome game. I really love playing it.



Yes, totally agree!! Pretty pretty please!
Español 10/10
Français 9/10
English 4/10
User avatar
el drakki
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu, 14Jan23 22:23
Location: Murcia, Spain
sex: Masculine

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Postby Ripe » Mon, 17Jan23 22:57

el drakki wrote:
Köpi wrote:Hey Sierra Lee,

since having your game played a few times before and I'm now playing a rerun after quite a whilte, I just wanted to thank you for your awesome game.

I just have one little question. I know you excluded grinding on purpose, but why? I like having full equip and don't mind grinding a little bit. Why don't you leave it optional, that every player can decide on his/her own, if he'd like to grind or play the tougher version of the game?

Anyway, thank you for your (sometimes really hard) awesome game. I really love playing it.



Yes, totally agree!! Pretty pretty please!

Part of the reason is probably because quite a few stuff that happen "under the hood" is level based... for example, when you save Altina her current level is determined by first adding a 25.000 XP to what she had at the end of Prologue and then adding additional 5.000 for each level beyond 20 Simon have. At the moment his max level is 25 so that mean she can get at most 50.000 XP which put her in line with everyone else. But if you could grind Simon to say level 30, then this formula wouldn't work because then she'd lagg behind the rest of the party.
Ripe
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun, 11Mar27 00:00

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue, 17Jan24 00:22

Köpi wrote:since having your game played a few times before and I'm now playing a rerun after quite a whilte, I just wanted to thank you for your awesome game.

I just have one little question. I know you excluded grinding on purpose, but why? I like having full equip and don't mind grinding a little bit. Why don't you leave it optional, that every player can decide on his/her own, if he'd like to grind or play the tougher version of the game?

Anyway, thank you for your (sometimes really hard) awesome game. I really love playing it.

Thanks, happy you enjoy it! ^-^

Now, as for the question of grinding, I have a whole lot of different thoughts. You do lose something not allowing it, but you also gain new tactical choices. There are also world reasons: I didn't want to do the usual trope where every city has equipment that's exactly one step stronger. By limiting the amount of money players have, I can give each city a realistic spread of quality equipment without players just buying the best stuff early on and then rarely upgrading. I completely get the desire to have the best equipment, I'm that way myself, so rest assured you'll increasingly get that option as you get nearer the end of the game.

But honestly, a major part of it is how I've found players react to difficulty. In my experience, some people react to tactically difficult battles by saying, "The only way to beat this game is to grind a bunch, it's poorly designed" without ever trying a different tactic. This is kind of discouraging, so when I started TLS I decided to exclude grinding to encourage players to explore the tactical options more.
User avatar
Sierra Lee
great white shark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri, 15Jul17 23:59
sex: Female

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Postby Pervy Turian » Tue, 17Jan24 02:26

I have to say your game is freaking epic! Lots of kick butt battles, witty dialogue, awesome characters, great sex scenes, and so many waifu's I don't know what to do with them all.

My only beef is that the investment aspect of the game is going to be the death of me!
Pervy Turian
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 17Jan24 00:26
sex: Masculine

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

eXTReMe Tracker