Virtual Date Girls

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual Date Girls

Postby Greebo » Thu, 10Jul08 23:48

dest wrote :
I do not create erotic art. I have a career in the film industry that I do not want to jeopardize.

I do appreciate the work these guys do, but calling them artists is just wrong. Would the person who frames and houses the mona lisa the artist? No. Artists create content, these guys manipulate it.

Imagine if you made this beautiful model and was sold to one of these pseudo-3d programs only to see people take a couple of renders and call it their work... would you call them the artist? of course not.

If you want me to verify anything I said.. you can contact me and I will link you my website, portfolio and IMDB page.

again, no offense to the guys who make these erotic games. It does take effort, but they are not making this from scratch by any means. (Although, i believe Shark makes his own models <3 :)

Let me see if I've got this right: You claim to be an artist working in the film industry, and yet you turn up your nose at those who manipulate ready made images rather than creating them entirely themselves.

I would say to you that you should examine the very situation you are immersed in when you are working - the film industry is stuffed with 'artists' who create their 'art' mainly by manipulating ready created images into a visual form that stems from the minds of the writers, producers, directors and camera operators.

Those manipulated images could be anything from actors to your own artwork or CGI images with other subsets of people's artistic output.

The manipulation of precreated 'artwork' does not lessen the 'artistry' of the finished 'artwork'. Whether people like it or not, I would claim that the film 'Avatar', for example, is a brilliant artistic creation in its own right, with some astonishingly beautiful scenes, despite its crass storyline!

In other words, just because someone chooses to manipulate precreated objects doesn't mean they are not a valid artist.
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby MC_Sadist » Fri, 10Jul09 09:59

I don't get your criticism Dest. Chaotic never claimed to be an artist (to my knowledge). He makes these games for fun, and to contribute to the adventure game community. I know there's erotic elements but they would still be fun games without. I really appreciate that Chaotic makes these games in his free time and releases (most of them) for free.

And yeah he uses Poser, and it's not original. But sampling has been a staple in modern art, you take something that's already made and manipulate and edit and expand it into an original entity. Sorry not everyone has a degree in CGI, but for what it is, I think the models look very good.

Hats off to Chaotic, at least he contributes rather than anonymously critisize other people's work.
MC_Sadist
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Jul09 10:54

Whoa! I think this exchange has more than a 50% chance of getting out of control.

This exchange? It started with the dest citing of part of Newbie_Man's prior comment.

For each of us Art has a different meaning.
If I draw a "stick" character in different poses on successive corners of the page of a book and then 'riffle' them I create an animation:

o o/
/| ........ |
| / Obviously there are two or three stages in between and then they need to be repeated in reverse, maybe even 3 or 4 sets.

Is this "art"?

What if I use computer technology and make an animated gif, would that be "art"? Extrapolate that thought. I've seen some creations where the designer has used a piece of "string", laid out differently for each frame, to create animations which have been captured my mind. Is that "Art"?

When someone takes discards and creates a structure which many of us might consider horrendous, is that "Art"?

Depending upon one's point of view a creation could be considered as a work of "art" or a "product" of technology.

From my "flip corners" to the imagery having been discussed, I'm clear in my mind that the creators are not calling themselves artists; certainly their products are being viewed, rightly or wrongly, so as to ascribe to them such a reputation.

Frankly, I feel that we cannot be dismissive of whatever level of graphic technique in offerings even though we may be dismissive of the quality (consider in the lower rungs of the ladder much of the art offered in "hentai" presentations).
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby wodahSShadow » Fri, 10Jul09 17:52

You call yourselves artists? You're only using the technology I invented to make naked women. Please rethink your arguments.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby Newbie_Man » Fri, 10Jul09 21:32

Cool, the forums are back up.

@dest, I didn't realize his models weren't his own. That just makes his scam all the more amazing to me. The same basic scrïpt with the same basic scenario, using pre-made environments AND models. Crazy.

In general, this discussion isn't about whether or not the masses have the 'right' to dabble in the technologies professionals use. I'd love it if more people learned to program and create unique things. I'm a pretty active member of the PHP community, and am starting to get my feet wet with the Microsoft community. I'm all about helping beginners learn and grow.

But, I think there's a very real concern about people without skill all of a sudden charging money for their efforts in an attempt to sucker the non-technical into giving them money.

I wouldn't have a problem with Chaotic if he showed a real desire to learn and improve. I'd still think that anyone paying for his games would be blowing their money on a shoddy product, but, hey, that's their choice. My problem is that he's content to stand pat, churning out the same buggy experience over and over, all the while claiming that the pay-for-access area of his site is really worth it.

Think about it - what kind of business model is "Well, my free games are buggy as hell, but I promise that the games that cost money are fine?" The free games should be flawless in order to entice users to spend money, not the other way around.

It's a scam through and through. I only hope that others realize it and save their money.
Newbie_Man
sirens hunter

Postby LRM » Fri, 10Jul09 22:29

You are all taking a technology I invented and using it create naked women!!! Marconi
How far back do we take this ridiculous argument? We need the ignore button Squeeky!
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Graen » Fri, 10Jul09 22:43

Invented? Feh! He used Tesla's patents for his "inventions."

Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby overt1 » Fri, 10Jul09 23:38

i have a link to dl nelena. pm me for it
overt1
Pilot fish

Postby MC_Sadist » Sat, 10Jul10 03:43

@Newbie_Man

Chaotic is trying to scam people? How so? He released lots of free games, and his pay games are of the same quality. He's not trying to trick people into paying money, he's not forcing anyone to do anything. Sounds to me like someone doesn't like the attention and appreciation someone else gets, and has to try and put that person down to try and get that attention and appreciation. You're pathetic.

I honestly don't know how this thread went from gratitude, constructive criticism and ideas to straight up bashing. I hope the mods get rid of the drama whores ruining the friendly atmosphere of the site.
MC_Sadist
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 10Jul10 03:44

LRM wrote :
How far back do we take this ridiculous argument? We need the ignore button Squeeky!
L

To a point one might be useful, like a "spoiler", eh?
So long as it doesn't get heated, there was the potential there, things should be fine.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Arnulf » Sat, 10Jul10 05:43

It is very nice to read this discussion about "art"! For me it may go in vain, because it is such an old matter and I believe every aspect thereof is just said. I dont think that it could be a serious discussion in a forum like this: just remember, we are here to create and publish light sexy entertainment for the most of us. In this concern I think, as an example Chaotic may stand for his mixture of grafics/programming/storyboard, which is in general our interest. I think, we should not go much deeper! [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img] Or should I have misunderstood something???
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby doverfr » Sat, 10Jul10 10:18

doverfr wrote : am i the only one who lost his off site access?

shall i say that i'm a bit disappointed about this $20 "investment". all we got is: a game not finished, with only one VIP end out of the 2 we should have been waiting for. and all this 2 weeks after the free version of the game was available...
WHat's the aim of having paid this 20 bucks?

Looks like I am the only one :s ....
who should i contact?
doverfr
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 10Jul10 10:37

doverfr wrote :

Looks like I am the only one :s ....
who should i contact?

Should you care to delve through this thread you will find somewhere that Chaotic had some difficulties re that fee. Also there is a note somewhere explaining, I think that it was to help finance his need for extended server space.

As to who should you contact?
Here I'm expressing events relevant to me before Chaotic had any issues but I expect the process of events will be the same.
I expect that you received two emails (or should have). One from the "Paypal", or whoever he uses, and another from Chaotic using his own identity. Use the address on the second one and voice your issue.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby MC_Sadist » Sat, 10Jul10 11:29

Arnulf wrote : It is very nice to read this discussion about "art"! For me it may go in vain, because it is such an old matter and I believe every aspect thereof is just said. I dont think that it could be a serious discussion in a forum like this: just remember, we are here to create and publish light sexy entertainment for the most of us. In this concern I think, as an example Chaotic may stand for his mixture of grafics/programming/storyboard, which is in general our interest. I think, we should not go much deeper! [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img] Or should I have misunderstood something???

You're 100% right, you hit the nail right on the head.
MC_Sadist
great white shark

Postby doverfr » Sat, 10Jul10 11:41

Squeeky wrote :
Should you care to delve through this thread you will find somewhere that Chaotic had some difficulties re that fee. Also there is a note somewhere explaining, I think that it was to help finance his need for extended server space.

As to who should you contact?
Here I'm expressing events relevant to me before Chaotic had any issues but I expect the process of events will be the same.
I expect that you received two emails (or should have). One from the "Paypal", or whoever he uses, and another from Chaotic using his own identity. Use the address on the second one and voice your issue.

TX :D

I've tried reading the 52 pages, but so many subjects in one topic, i got lost.
thanks for the mail info, i'll check my old mails so find this out.
doverfr
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games