Virtual Date Girls

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual Date Girls

Postby Sexychild68 » Sun, 10Jun27 00:20

yea i know Rikwar, but i have a habit of helping out people who are swimming in the Lagoon...i do agree tho that they should read through the forum before they ask their questions tho...they will more then likely find the answer they are looking for...doing the quick scan makes things a lot quicker...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Arnulf » Sun, 10Jun27 12:22

Hi, I appreciate your engagement! But, as the thing I learned about the Lagoon, it is useless to tell them to READ.

It is our destination to help anybody, even when he (she ) is asking silly questions!!
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 10Jun27 15:50

Arnulf wrote : Hi, I appreciate your engagement! But, as the thing I learned about the Lagoon, it is useless to tell them to READ.

It is our destination to help anybody, even when he (she ) is asking silly questions!!

I'm a little surprised by your answer Arnulf, isn't that one of the reasons this thread got so long, with first time posters asking a question for which the answer was right above theres I'm not asking them to read the entire thread just read a few previous pages, plus the fact that theres an entire written walkthrough...I'm sure its useless 'or hopeless' for some but I'm pretty sure many do take the time to do some reading !
I dont mind helping someone or sending a PM Arnulf but it just gets frustrating when you answer a question just to have another poster ask the same thing when the answer is right above or just the previous page [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

As I mentioned Sexychild means well, but the problem is many new members know that and do abuse the situation or have a bad habit of '' I want it now, You owe me, Why should I bother ''.

[img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Arnulf » Sun, 10Jun27 20:01

You are right, Rikwar, but I've learned sometimes its less boring, to give a short answer instead to explain already known things to such silly members. Additionally I've seen that such thinkless members don't stay very long in the Lagoon! [img]smile/sifflotte.gif[/img]
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby 60nowise » Sun, 10Jun27 20:13

Maybe, they don`t stay very long, but there must be a nest somewhere - there are always coming new ones [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Mon, 10Jun28 03:33

60nowise wrote : Maybe, they don`t stay very long, but there must be a nest somewhere - there are always coming new ones [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

As the saying goes One's born every minute from which comes There's An Idiot Born Every Minute :sarcastic:

Well I do agree with you Arnulf that sometimes its less boring [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Newbie_Man » Wed, 10Jun30 00:31

doverfr wrote : am i the only one who lost his off site access?

shall i say that i'm a bit disappointed about this $20 "investment". all we got is: a game not finished, with only one VIP end out of the 2 we should have been waiting for. and all this 2 weeks after the free version of the game was available...
WHat's the aim of having paid this 20 bucks?

To be honest, I'm not sure what you expected. It's pretty obvious that Chaotic isn't a good coder. He has some talent as a 3D artist, but he hasn't really improved as a coder since the original game. His games are increasingly buggy and have shown little innovation.

Like I said months (maybe even a year) ago, there IS potential here. In another couple of years, when HTML 5 is supported in all major browsers and developers have access to the canvas element and web storage, you're going to see a lot of Flash and Silverlight apps move to Javascrïpt. This is especially true in the mobile market. Chaotic is in a prime place to take advantage of that.

Unfortunately, from everything I've seen, he seems content to stay at his current skill level. I mean, for crying out loud, he hasn't even figured out how to solve cross-browser inconsistencies yet. This is circa 2004 stuff I'm talking about. He should be using jQuery for his code base to at least get rid of those issues.

IMO, there's nothing worth paying for on his site. For $20, you can get two good XBox Live Arcade games, or a good game from Steam, games with infinitely more polish and replay value than anything he can offer.
Newbie_Man
sirens hunter

Postby dest » Wed, 10Jul07 20:53

He has some talent as a 3D artist

being an actual 3d artist i take offense to this. chaotic uses downloaded models and poses them (poorly) if you arent familiar with poser, its the laughing stock of the 3d industry because it takes zero skill to use and users are just downloading models and posing them which seems to be a plague amungst the adult game genre.

Luckily, poser is easy to spot a mile away and is never accepted in the cg industry. anyone who claims they are an artist and uses poser is just that, a poser.

/rant.
dest
Pilot fish

Postby Greebo » Wed, 10Jul07 21:11

dest wrote :
He has some talent as a 3D artist

being an actual 3d artist i take offense to this. chaotic uses downloaded models and poses them (poorly) if you arent familiar with poser, its the laughing stock of the 3d industry because it takes zero skill to use and users are just downloading models and posing them which seems to be a plague amungst the adult game genre.

Luckily, poser is easy to spot a mile away and is never accepted in the cg industry. anyone who claims they are an artist and uses poser is just that, a poser.

/rant.

Ooh, hark at you! How about putting your skills where your keyboard is and posting a sexy or erotic example of your art? I would like to be able to be a fraction as good with the material and techniques available to Daz3D and Poser users as some of the talented artists who post on this site
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby overt1 » Thu, 10Jul08 00:16

nelena is up! anyone have a chance to play it yet?
overt1
Pilot fish

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 10Jul08 00:44

On the flip side ... I am a professional programmer and I object to all the programs (and protocols) out there, like Visual Basic, Flash, Silverlight, HTML, that make coding available to the hoi polloi! Image
On the amateur front I quite enjoy playing with (hold the guffaws, please) DAZ Studio since I have no real artistic ability, so the pre-prepared models, etc. are essential for me to be able to try and do something for the online communities I have dealings with.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby dest » Thu, 10Jul08 11:29

Ooh, hark at you! How about putting your skills where your keyboard is and posting a sexy or erotic example of your art? I would like to be able to be a fraction as good with the material and techniques available to Daz3D and Poser users as some of the talented artists who post on this site

I do not create erotic art. I have a career in the film industry that I do not want to jeopardize.

I do appreciate the work these guys do, but calling them artists is just wrong. Would the person who frames and houses the mona lisa the artist? No. Artists create content, these guys manipulate it.

Imagine if you made this beautiful model and was sold to one of these pseudo-3d programs only to see people take a couple of renders and call it their work... would you call them the artist? of course not.

If you want me to verify anything I said.. you can contact me and I will link you my website, portfolio and IMDB page.

again, no offense to the guys who make these erotic games. It does take effort, but they are not making this from scratch by any means. (Although, i believe Shark makes his own models <3 :)
dest
Pilot fish

Postby Thrain » Thu, 10Jul08 12:50

@dest
I understand your point of view, but I have a slighty different one. Chaotic is a different kind of artist than you, but still, in my point of view, an artist.

For programer point of view you 'only' manipulate those programs to create your 3d model. We always use some works from other people to make our own job.

Chaotic is maybie not a true graphic artist. He is not a great programmer too. But he know how to mix programs/graphics/storyboard to make enjoyable games. It's a true creation for me. That why I see him as a true artist.
Thrain
great white shark

Postby Synthus » Thu, 10Jul08 18:29

Have you seen the frame of the Mona Lisa? That definitely qualifies as art in its own right. It may pale in comparison to the piece itself, but that doesn't mean it's not art.
Synthus
great white shark

Postby lucky loser » Thu, 10Jul08 19:54

Nelena's a hoot!
lucky loser
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games