HuniePop!

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

HuniePop!

Postby TheBrain » Tue, 15Jan27 22:46

For those who haven't heard of it, HuniePop was recently released. It's basically "Candy Crush meets Japanese Dating Sim" :D. It's available on their website http://www.huniepop.com/ or Steam.

I've been playing it a bit and it's quite entertaining, despite fairly simple mechanics: play match-3, remember some information about the girls and try to get as much money/points as possible. It's fully voice acted and quite well drawn, which definitely adds to the experience. I'm not sure about the replayability of it all, then again, not that many games we see on here have much replayability :P.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Re: HuniePop!

Postby Super » Tue, 15Jan27 23:14

Intereting... been wanting a game like this recently. Well, I was thinking more traditional gameplay than Match 3, but still lol. Will probably buy
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Dole » Wed, 15Jan28 09:26

Steam sells only censored (Hentai) Games how you can play the uncensored Game you can read here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/339800/discussions/0/616198900649668367/

The patch is 0 kb large.

When you play the Game to get the H Scenes you have a speed problem by the Game you must solved. So some people used a Speed Hack to slow the Game so you can win easy.

I played without and delete the Game after I get 10 from 12 Girls because the Game speed sucks.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby artorawley » Thu, 15Jan29 06:38

I think it's a fun game and the voice acting is mostly well-done, but I felt that the "sex" part of the game was way more frustrating and not fun considering the reward (a lone post-sex image and not an actual sex scene). Plus there isn't an actual end to the game or time limit so once you get your stats to a respectable level and learn everything there is about a girl there's largely no challenge other than the frustrating "sex date" game portion. User hacks/modifications as well as an official developer patch have made the "sex date" portion less frustrating and more forgiving, but I still don't think there's an adequate reward for all the time invested into a girl to that point. A very good first effort, though, and I'm interested in seeing what the developer does for his next game.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby jilliangates77 » Thu, 15Jan29 08:14

I read about it, and frankly, have been inspired by the games I've been enjoying after I discovered this wonderful forum in September.

Huniepop, now that you say how much, ahem, entertainment is inside, I'll skip. Still fascinates that such little erotic content can, ah, stimulate so many purchases.

I've searched and searched on Steam previously for similar erotic games. Do you all know if it was built in Renpy, or another tool?
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Ncrdrg » Thu, 15Jan29 08:19

I wish there was more dialogue than what I got but it was a pretty fun game. Voice acting is excellent, characterization is great for some characters, all right for others and horrible for some. But voice acting is amazing across the board. Beautiful art, the mach 3 part was actually quite fun to play. It's a game which you end up playing more than reading so it was more to my taste since I get bored to death by VNs. It requires to be quite tactical and think about the dating gifts you'll use during the dates and how to plan to get the score you need for a successful date. There's even one where you need to match combos quickly to bring the girl to orgasm.

It also quizzes you constantly, sometimes about topics like space, cats, sports or whatever the interests of the girl lie. It caught my attention because Gameranx's Ian Miles Cheong tried to derail this game for publishing a nude patch on the steam forums, calling it unethical. There's little erotic content in it, its strength lies much more in its gameplay and voice acting.

I got it for 8.50$ so it was well worth the price for beating this game in roughly 25 hours (100% completion, that is).
Ncrdrg
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Thu, 15Jan29 13:39

jilliangates77 wrote:I read about it, and frankly, have been inspired by the games I've been enjoying after I discovered this wonderful forum in September.

Huniepop, now that you say how much, ahem, entertainment is inside, I'll skip. Still fascinates that such little erotic content can, ah, stimulate so many purchases.

I've searched and searched on Steam previously for similar erotic games. Do you all know if it was built in Renpy, or another tool?

I believe it was created in Unity.

Ncrdrg wrote:I wish there was more dialogue than what I got but it was a pretty fun game. Voice acting is excellent, characterization is great for some characters, all right for others and horrible for some. But voice acting is amazing across the board. Beautiful art, the mach 3 part was actually quite fun to play. It's a game which you end up playing more than reading so it was more to my taste since I get bored to death by VNs. It requires to be quite tactical and think about the dating gifts you'll use during the dates and how to plan to get the score you need for a successful date. There's even one where you need to match combos quickly to bring the girl to orgasm.

It also quizzes you constantly, sometimes about topics like space, cats, sports or whatever the interests of the girl lie. It caught my attention because Gameranx's Ian Miles Cheong tried to derail this game for publishing a nude patch on the steam forums, calling it unethical. There's little erotic content in it, its strength lies much more in its gameplay and voice acting.

I got it for 8.50$ so it was well worth the price for beating this game in roughly 25 hours (100% completion, that is).

It reminds me of The Guy Game in that the sexual content seems almost tacked-on to the base game. The Guy Game was just a "You Don't Know Jack" rip-off with tits while this game is like a Bejeweled/CandyCrush/*insert match-3 mobile game here* rip-off melded with trivia and a loose dating sim with a dozen dirty pictures added-in. From the developer's Twitter account it sounds like they're going to add more sexual content into the game for a Valentine's Day update/patch that will tweak the "end game" so that's cool. With some gameplay tweaks and more rewarding sexual content I could see a sequel being a really great game.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby Franco » Fri, 15Jan30 00:14

I tried HuniePop and didn't like it. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to have those kind of jewel puzzles in a sex game. Other types of games don't do that - real time strategy games are about war, shooters are about shooting, even the puzzles in adventure games are related to the game, to unlock a door, or that kind of thing. Only sex games have these kind of unrelated elements. The game Seduce Me was similar in that it's a game about sex based on card games.

Sex games should be about developing relationships, affection and sex, or other actions that make sense for sex games (example: money), like most LOP games are. I think why so many sex games introduce these kind of unrelated elements is because they are afraid to confront the issue of relationships and sex straight on. Or maybe it's because of the cost and effort of developing a real sex game. Whatever the cause, I don't like it.

And that's my rant for today.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby artorawley » Fri, 15Jan30 09:18

Franco wrote:I tried HuniePop and didn't like it. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to have those kind of jewel puzzles in a sex game. Other types of games don't do that - real time strategy games are about war, shooters are about shooting, even the puzzles in adventure games are related to the game, to unlock a door, or that kind of thing. Only sex games have these kind of unrelated elements. The game Seduce Me was similar in that it's a game about sex based on card games.

Sex games should be about developing relationships, affection and sex, or other actions that make sense for sex games (example: money), like most LOP games are. I think why so many sex games introduce these kind of unrelated elements is because they are afraid to confront the issue of relationships and sex straight on. Or maybe it's because of the cost and effort of developing a real sex game. Whatever the cause, I don't like it.

And that's my rant for today.

Yeah, that's why I feel this game is like a puzzle game with the sexual content tacked-on. I didn't hate the puzzle element, it was a fine time-waster, but I felt none of the rewards made it worth it to invest in the puzzle game.
Last edited by artorawley on Wed, 15Feb04 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby J_I » Mon, 15Feb02 16:12

Personally, I have no issue with a dating sim replacing some of the normal gameplay with something puzzle-y or whatnot. I mean, let's be honest - Ganguro Girl and games like that just aren't very fun. It'd be nice to have something a little more connected than what Huniepop does, but I prefer it to spending hours clicking through menus.

Personally, where I think Huniepop failed is in building tension, in giving progression to the relationships/sexuality. I would have much preferred each date to be a set 'scene' (instead of an arbitrary location) with some kind of interaction at the end of a successful one. To me, I'd feel much more invested and excited if the pictures that were unlocked were based around an actual interaction, rather than them just sending you dirty pictures on their phones like clockwork.

The sex scenes (if you can call them that) even open with the final picture in the (sadly, stale) gallery, then you can scroll back to see the previous ones. Isn't that our pay off? Shouldn't we click FORWARD to the end?

I like this game in theory, but in practice, I found it incredibly not erotic.
J_I
great white shark

Return to Free sexy games