The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Postby evilgrim » Mon, 15Apr13 18:11

I hate to say it but i am also getting black screen alot , i did finish the game but like above had to save the game after every move near enough , i could not see any animation as all it did was flicker or just stayed blank with writing so i could move on ....

but a very good game though
evilgrim
great white shark

Postby sportd » Mon, 15Apr13 19:55

I'm really sorry about the black screen thing.

I've added a link at the bottom of the page to reload a failed page. I've had a limited test and it seems to work while I find a better way to deal with the problem.

Flicker is another instance of failed image loading. There is an option in settings to have gif animations. These are lower quality but wont be affected by the issues that cause flickering.

I tried to roll this out publicly quietly to manage server loads. I have only mentioned the game is live on the website and here and it's crippled my webhosting. I've added a few bits to better manage load but I was aware this would be rough (see conversations back up the forum page about pifalls of databases) and hope the changes reduce the pain you feel playing. I have learned some lessons here with thePhysio that I will take forward to theSniper.
sportd
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby athossico » Mon, 15Apr13 19:57

Hard to play, to much connection? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
But a good plot, pretty drawings and a surprising final!
[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
athossico
great white shark

Postby Venom » Mon, 15Apr13 20:30

seems like the UI is having some problems
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby shizam77 » Mon, 15Apr13 20:40

sportd wrote:I'm really sorry about the black screen thing.

I've added a link at the bottom of the page to reload a failed page. I've had a limited test and it seems to work while I find a better way to deal with the problem.

Flicker is another instance of failed image loading. There is an option in settings to have gif animations. These are lower quality but wont be affected by the issues that cause flickering.

I tried to roll this out publicly quietly to manage server loads. I have only mentioned the game is live on the website and here and it's crippled my webhosting. I've added a few bits to better manage load but I was aware this would be rough (see conversations back up the forum page about pifalls of databases) and hope the changes reduce the pain you feel playing. I have learned some lessons here with thePhysio that I will take forward to theSniper.

It's no problem man, thanks for the great game.

I found that I was less likely to have a black screen/loading problems if I used gifs instead of jpgs. I also stored it locally and that seemed to help reduce the black screen issue.
shizam77
Pilot fish

Postby wodahSShadow » Mon, 15Apr13 20:43

If only there were ways to distribute the load over several servers, or pack the game in a compressed file and upload it to free file sharing sites. If only. Well, better make another database.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby sportd » Mon, 15Apr13 20:57

wodahSShadow wrote:If only there were ways to distribute the load over several servers, or pack the game in a compressed file and upload it to free file sharing sites. If only. Well, better make another database.

ah yes, the 20/20 hind sight. As I said a couple of posts ago,
sportd wrote:I have learned some lessons here with thePhysio that I will take forward to theSniper

some of the points you made previously, I have taken on board...
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby wodahSShadow » Mon, 15Apr13 21:21

You said you learned some lessons from The Gym and somehow that lesson was "use a database", sorry for not being optimistic.

I do like the game but when even the scene I was in 2 seconds ago takes a bit to load navigating becomes a pain in the ass.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby narcissus » Mon, 15Apr13 21:40

I'd like to play it, but it seems impossible at the moment.
narcissus
sirens hunter

Postby sportd » Mon, 15Apr13 21:47

Hi narcissus,

Have you tried using localStorage in the settings menu? It transfers most of the game content to your browser (if your browser supports it) requiring a lot less communication with the website to play. I get a slow game when playing normally but it speeds up alot when I switch to localStorage.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby narcissus » Mon, 15Apr13 21:52

sportd wrote:Hi narcissus,

Have you tried using localStorage in the settings menu? It transfers most of the game content to your browser (if your browser supports it) requiring a lot less communication with the website to play. I get a slow game when playing normally but it speeds up alot when I switch to localStorage.

Much better, thank you! Love the art work so far.
narcissus
sirens hunter

Postby me3 » Tue, 15Apr14 00:20

Some of the black screens can be explained by the 403 "errors", all the images involved with "animations" seems to be having access permission problems and are throwing a 403 error

Also, that "page will reload" thing has a problem, the automated one, not the link you have to click, it requests with "undefined" and not the numerical value it's meant to
me3
great white shark

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 15Apr14 04:08

i got 2-3 black screen, it was with animation!! except that, the game is nice, now at the start of day 5 & im unable to connect (click load & nothing appear) i refresh the page & click again. it may take 3-4 time to get the page. so i will try later. this is why i love to play offline game, BUT i understand why you do it like that & i will definitively try it later, because i love Amanda!! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby sportd » Tue, 15Apr14 04:52

The animations will suffer during the high load times. Try setting animation to gif in the settings menu (cog icon). They tend to cope better than the standard animation during high load.

I am going to spend a couple of days trying to get theSniper game code to run thePhysio. That should (hopefully) deal with the timeouts.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby Köpi » Tue, 15Apr14 06:29

sportd wrote:The animations will suffer during the high load times. Try setting animation to gif in the settings menu (cog icon). They tend to cope better than the standard animation during high load.

I am going to spend a couple of days trying to get theSniper game code to run thePhysio. That should (hopefully) deal with the timeouts.

Just changed to gif and now my save is gone after hours of playing and refreshing images -_-
Anyway, thanks. This game is awesome! ;)

EDIT: Now it loads a savegame in the middle of the game. I'm really confused right now... But with the gifs activated, the game really speeded up :)

EDIT 2: Seems to be a bug, sometimes I just get the first load. After a few minutes the game loads the right one, but insetad of day 4 it says day 1 and the key doesn't work...
Köpi
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games