Mouse Control or Touch, attempt 2

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

In a virtual dating game, which is more important to you?

1) Mouse control of animations like in Coffee for Keisha
86%
2) Touch support so you can play on a tablet or phone
14%

Total votes : 103

Re: Mouse Control or Touch, attempt 2

Postby ghostlee » Sat, 14Dec13 02:30

Hi Tlaero,

I registered so that i might participate here.
I've long used a tablet as my primary computing device, originally an Android and more recently Windows. I have consumed various games on touch devices, sometimes somewhat awkwardly.
In using and considering touch interfaces, I think there are two modes of interaction; touch friendly, and touch interface. Touch friendly is simply avoiding things that are difficult with touch based mouse emulation... Clicking different buttons, rapid precise clicks etc. Touch interface on the other hand is built for touch interaction and works somewhat imprecisely with a mouse, or requires impossibilities. I'm hoping that the former is something you can consider as you're creating future games, and whilst I would really like to see the latter, I seem to be in the minority.

Ghostlee
ghostlee
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Frank » Sat, 14Dec13 03:08

I'm not too keen on having to wiggle my mouse for anything (it was my least favorite thing about KfK) but I lack a touchscreen all together.
Frank
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 14Dec21 03:58

Thank you to everyone who participated in this survey. It helped me make an informed choice on a path forward. Here's the issue I'm facing.

These games are mostly clicks, and I've got a solution that enables touch taps and mouse clicks to live side by side on the big 3 browsers. It's elegant on one browser and hacky on the others, but it works.

In some of my games, however, I've used mouse movements, not taps, to control the animation. There's currently not a good solution for doing that with touch that works on the 3 browsers. There is a great solution coming, though. It's available on one browser and is winding its way through the standards process. So there's reason to believe that it'll eventually make it to the other browsers.

Because touch movements don't work cross-browser, I was facing either not supporting touch at all, or not having any mouse control. You guys, however have simplified the problem for me. Because such a small percentage want touch at all, I can get away with only supporting touch movements on the browsers that support the good way. I'll have to make sure there's a bypass for people doing touch on a non-updated browser, but mostly, I'll just assume that the majority of players are using a mouse.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby P-Slayer » Sun, 14Dec21 05:42

Going with mouse here, Tlaero. Hope to see another game that has your name on it soon!
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby lucky loser » Mon, 14Dec22 17:43

While I use mouse control for everything, I chose touch only for flexibilities' sake. I'd like to actually have options for these kinds of games on my smart phone some time.

Looking forward to your new projects!
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Tue, 14Dec23 18:32

Don't get too excited about new projects from me. I don't currently have an artist, so I'm playing with the technology.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Tue, 14Dec23 23:02

tlaero wrote:Don't get too excited about new projects from me. I don't currently have an artist, so I'm playing with the technology.

Tlaero

Would it have to be phreaky or would you be willing to work with someone new?

I did think the quick bonus thing you made in Meeting Keeley was great, but I guess I can't say whether or now it'd be easy enough for you to do it yourself. Obviously not since since you aren't lol.

I've tried playing around in Daz or Poser or even makehuman and yeah, I sucked at all of them. Mostly because I suck at visual art in general. So I can't really say anything about that, but know this: You are the Queen of good, eroitc storytelling, and I would love to see another game written by you. As I'm sure you were already aware of but eh.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Wed, 14Dec24 00:56

Thanks, SuperAwesome.

I'd like to work with Phreaky, but he's been gone long enough that I have to assume he won't be back. Would need to be someone of equivalent skill, though. And, beware, I'm not the easiest person in the world to work with. I can get pretty demanding. And I'll turn down more people than I'll accept.

If there are any artists around who want to create hundreds of images for a free erotic game, let's discuss it. First step would be to create an original image of what you consider to be an attractive woman and PM it to me.
Criteria:
1) She's wearing clothing
2) Her face has an interesting, non-erotic expression on it.
I find sexual situations to be straightforward. The challenge is conveying information with body language during the dialogs.

Separately, I've been toying around with giving another one of my games a facelift and doing a new bonus scene for that. But I don't have it in me to do all the art for a full game.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Wed, 14Dec24 21:08

yeah, it'd probably be a bit of a long shot to find someone like that, unfortunately. I would say Sy fit the bill, but I already called him >_> <_< <_< >_> Still wonder how or why he decided to work with me but eh, not complaining.

Well, anyway, if you want to seriously search for someone, maybe make a thread in Projects with your qualifications instead of hiding it in here? Also, would it have to be in 3D or realistic or would stylized work too? Well, anyway, will stop diverging this thread. Just wishin I could play another game written by you :p
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Josh » Thu, 14Dec25 07:20

mouse is best for these kind of games since apple wont permit them in the app store.
also id love to play them on my 4k resolution screen pc.
and off course the secrecy issue: imagine your family or friend accidentally tap on an icon then the scream come out whether from them or the tablet ..............(i can hide them fine in my computer)
Josh
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Free sexy games