Master of the House 1.5

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Master of the House 1.5

Postby helle » Sun, 14Sep21 21:37

Okay call me dumb, but i am stuck at abby's room after i woke up.

The walktrough says that i need to search the bed, but everything i get is "You probably shouldn't do that right now."
Help me please :(
helle
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby minterlint » Sun, 14Sep21 23:51

The walktrough says that i need to search the bed, but everything i get is "You probably shouldn't do that right now."

Are you sure you're in Abby's room when you search? You should get that response if you search your bed (in your room) before going back to meet Abby but not her's....I would double check your location, move around to different locations and come back to try again, or try from the beginning again (you're not that far in) and send me a PM if you still have problems and I'll try to figure out what the issue is.
minterlint
sirens hunter

Postby redle » Mon, 14Sep22 02:35

minterlint wrote:

Are you sure you're in Abby's room when you search? You should get that response if you search your bed (in your room) before going back to meet Abby but not her's....I would double check your location, move around to different locations and come back to try again, or try from the beginning again (you're not that far in) and send me a PM if you still have problems and I'll try to figure out what the issue is.

Didn't check this to verify, but as I remember... When the game starts the player in their own room, the map still only shows Abby's room. The map doesn't update until after the player leaves the first room. I would imagine this is where the confusion comes in.
redle
star of the reef

Postby helle » Mon, 14Sep22 18:11

It's working. :)
Thanks for the hint with the rooms. I think that was the problem and now everything works fine.
helle
Pilot fish

Postby Venom » Mon, 14Sep22 23:31

seems like i'm stuck in the same situation, just at the start of the game when you found the interesting stuff in the closet

nvm mind figured it out eventually
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby Cndyrvr4lf » Tue, 14Sep23 03:09

Ok help about ready to give up.
I seduced Paige, I know Hank is next, I accessed his computer, read his fantasy. I got the wine but cant find a video camera anywhere to record it. I got a digital camera but i am assuming that isnt it cause it says im not ready to seduce hank yet. any help would be appreciated at this point. also cant figure out a way to fix the light downstairs in abby's house but maybe im not supposed to yet
You want me to put my hand where....... Ok you asked for it.
Cndyrvr4lf
sirens hunter

Postby Ramirez™ » Tue, 14Sep23 07:13

Cndyrvr4lf wrote:Ok help about ready to give up.
I seduced Paige, I know Hank is next, I accessed his computer, read his fantasy. I got the wine but cant find a video camera anywhere to record it. I got a digital camera but i am assuming that isnt it cause it says im not ready to seduce hank yet. any help would be appreciated at this point. also cant figure out a way to fix the light downstairs in abby's house but maybe im not supposed to yet

Search everything in abby's room for the video camera.
About the light; Who is supposed to fix it?
Ramirez™
great white shark

Postby castor44 » Tue, 14Sep23 18:32

Cndyrvr4lf wrote:Ok help about ready to give up.

it's not YOU who needs to seduce Hank. Also, you'll need 2 things for it. One is found in their kitchen,
it's the wine
the other you already know about.
the video camera, it's in Abby's dresser's bottom drawer
castor44
Pilot fish

Postby bigchief » Tue, 14Sep23 18:41

I finished this game last week (with a little help from a walkthrough in a couple of places).

I thought the writing was excellent. Very detailed, worth reading and much better written than most games I've played recently. In the regard of looking to emulate an older style text adventure its a win in that regard for me. The only criticism I have comes from it being that style of game. I personally prefer a style of game where it is entirely possible to get from A->B and miss out 95% of the game, then go back and replay it and try and find all of the interesting stuff that makes the game. Because of the linear nature and detailed puzzles in the game it is entirely possible to just go around in circles and not achieve anything at all which is always a frustrating experience for a game player. To give a better explanation, compare this to something like pervert action crisis - another well written game with some puzzles (not as elaborate by any means) but you can easily play through the entire game and achieve nothing if you've not done the right things. Meteor would be another example- the first time I played that I had a grand total of 0 sex scenes until the finale ;) I've got no problem with puzzles in AIF, even complex ones but when they get grouped with a very linear story (which a lot of older AIF seemed to do in my experience) it does lead to a frustrating game when something isn't happening.

Otherwise, a great game and thanks very much for the efforts!
bigchief
great white shark

Postby minterlint » Tue, 14Sep23 23:53

I finished this game last week (with a little help from a walkthrough in a couple of places).

I thought the writing was excellent. Very detailed, worth reading and much better written than most games I've played recently. In the regard of looking to emulate an older style text adventure its a win in that regard for me. The only criticism I have comes from it being that style of game. I personally prefer a style of game where it is entirely possible to get from A->B and miss out 95% of the game, then go back and replay it and try and find all of the interesting stuff that makes the game. Because of the linear nature and detailed puzzles in the game it is entirely possible to just go around in circles and not achieve anything at all which is always a frustrating experience for a game player. To give a better explanation, compare this to something like pervert action crisis - another well written game with some puzzles (not as elaborate by any means) but you can easily play through the entire game and achieve nothing if you've not done the right things. Meteor would be another example- the first time I played that I had a grand total of 0 sex scenes until the finale ;) I've got no problem with puzzles in AIF, even complex ones but when they get grouped with a very linear story (which a lot of older AIF seemed to do in my experience) it does lead to a frustrating game when something isn't happening.

Otherwise, a great game and thanks very much for the efforts!

Thanks for the compliments and the constructive criticism! Sometime in the near future (probably this weekend sometime) I'm going to do an update on my blog talking about my experience with releasing the game and give some details on what my next game will be about (although you might have met one of the characters already if you found all of Abby's fun scenes). It will be more in the style you discussed (you'll be able to finish the game with your first command, if you so choose) with some girls that are easier and some that are much harder. Whether you go for all of them, or just the ones that interest you will be up to you. More on that in my next blog post.
minterlint
sirens hunter

Postby jfrancois323 » Wed, 14Sep24 02:54

personnally, i think there's too much room, it's a little confusing to find where we need to go.

except that seems nice, except the fact that i can't masterize bill
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Wed, 14Sep24 06:56

@minterlint
I have just read your "dedication?" to AIF stored within one of the computers and it brought a smile to my eyes. I have to whole heartily agree with your choices in Games and that it is thanks to the artists mentioned (as well as others including yourself) that the AIF community has had such an enjoyable (and horney) time. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby minterlint » Wed, 14Sep24 12:55

except that seems nice, except the fact that i can't masterize bill

How far have you gotten? I'll help with any questions you've got.

I have just read your "dedication?" to AIF stored within one of the computers and it brought a smile to my eyes. I have to whole heartily agree with your choices in Games and that it is thanks to the artists mentioned (as well as others including yourself) that the AIF community has had such an enjoyable (and horney) time. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

I was just thinking the other day it was amazing how long some of those games have been around for now, and how many of them still stand up to the test of time. Every once in a while, I find myself going back to play the Crossworld series, or Dexter Dixon, or Christopher Cole's games and they're still really enjoyable to me.
minterlint
sirens hunter

Postby Venom » Wed, 14Sep24 15:11

who is after hank?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Thu, 14Sep25 06:25

minterlint wrote:I was just thinking the other day it was amazing how long some of those games have been around for now, and how many of them still stand up to the test of time. Every once in a while, I find myself going back to play the Crossworld series, or Dexter Dixon, or Christopher Cole's games and they're still really enjoyable to me.

Unlike visual media which generally becomes dated due to the change in the definition of the image shown, good AIFs like good books are all about good stories (and hot sex lol). I also like playing favorites from the past.
Greyelf
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games