Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 16Sep09 12:26

jk103 wrote:If you expect people to buy a subscription after a release and immediately cancel it anyway, why are you offering your games as a subscription service in the first place? Just sell them like a normal product. Offering a monthly subscription for a service that doesn't provide monthly content seems like you're trying to milk people who are too generous, too lazy, or too naive to cancel. As far as I can tell there is zero benefit to subscribing long term, you're just arbitrarily charging some of your customers 3-4 times more for the same service.


New customers buy a subscription to play all our games, and sometimes keep it going for a few months because there are a lot of games on there now if you're just playing them for the first time.
User avatar
iksanabot
star of the reef
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue, 10Dec28 00:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby wllwf » Fri, 16Sep09 13:28

saolo996 wrote:
master110 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is polish.


Me too, there are at least a couple of things that made me think like that :)

Anyway... In all LOP games there are features that made you think they're european.

Wow.Polish people are almost all Catholic. They are really this open about sex?Hmm, making sex games. lol. What features make you think they are Europeans? I thought they are British,Australian or Canadian. Many American people say that Americans are actually much more conservative than west European people on sex. Poland is so cool if Leo is a Polish guy lol
wllwf
great white shark
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun, 15Dec06 19:40
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby stcro1 » Fri, 16Sep09 14:28

iksanabot wrote:If it goes well, I will write an expansion. I don't know if Leo is thinking of adding scenes one at a time - I think it would be more like the first LWT, and we'd just add it all at once. I left lots of "bookmarks" in the game for scenes I wanted to write but left for an expansion because it was already so big.

i'm sure the expansion will be needed [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
i understand the nervousness but considering your work so far both for lop and the stories on literotica,i have no doubt that lwt2 will be fantastic
stcro1
great white shark
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri, 14Jan17 20:28
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby chrispool » Fri, 16Sep09 16:22

stcro1 wrote:
iksanabot wrote:If it goes well, I will write an expansion. I don't know if Leo is thinking of adding scenes one at a time - I think it would be more like the first LWT, and we'd just add it all at once. I left lots of "bookmarks" in the game for scenes I wanted to write but left for an expansion because it was already so big.

i'm sure the expansion will be needed [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
i understand the nervousness but considering your work so far both for lop and the stories on literotica,i have no doubt that lwt2 will be fantastic

I agree entirely.

@iksanabot : don't worry and start writing the expansion [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
chrispool
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue, 12Feb21 20:13
Location: France
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby SENTENZA1138 » Fri, 16Sep09 16:31

iksanabot wrote:
SENTENZA1138 wrote:NEW INFO CHECK LOP BLOG
"I'm happy to announce that development of LWT2 is almost complete.

We were extensively testing this game for 2-3 weeks now and it looks like that we were able to get rid of all serious issues. iksanabot and agrippa – thanks for your great support.

During those last days we were also adding new images, modifying some texts and tweaking existing scenes to make LWT2 as adorable experience as everybody are anticipating it.

I still need a few days to verify if everything works as intendent but finally I’m able to give you official LWT2 release date:
13 September 2016." [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]



God I'm nervous. I don't think this game could ever live up to the hype...


Don't be like that. You must be proud of what you've done. Personally I think it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to play it.
SENTENZA1138
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 15Dec03 14:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby saolo996 » Fri, 16Sep09 17:05

wllwf wrote:
saolo996 wrote:
master110 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is polish.


Me too, there are at least a couple of things that made me think like that :)

Anyway... In all LOP games there are features that made you think they're european.

Wow.Polish people are almost all Catholic. They are really this open about sex?Hmm, making sex games. lol. What features make you think they are Europeans? I thought they are British,Australian or Canadian. Many American people say that Americans are actually much more conservative than west European people on sex. Poland is so cool if Leo is a Polish guy lol


Leo is not native english, as stated by iksanabot too.
By the way I think this is not relevant at all! What everybody likes it's they paint situations many of us would like to be into, no?
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
User avatar
saolo996
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed, 15Jun17 23:35
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby vkalvkal » Fri, 16Sep09 17:20

DroopyLoving wrote:I really think the LoP blog needs to be updated more often, or at least more regularly. I think once a week would be excessive, but if it was updated fortnightly and then maybe a week before a release or on a release that would be ideal (so for example every other friday AND (the friday before a release announcing there's going to be a release the week after, if this doesn't line up with blog post friday anyway OR the friday of a release to announce the release). It would be good if the blogpost was written by more than JUST Leo, I would love to hear from Iksanabot and the other writers and artists about their projects, and about what else they're doing (what other games they are playing, hell what movies they're watching what books they're reading, what's inspiring them!) and throw in the occasional poll, I think Chaotic over at vdategames has really upped his blog game recently and I'm loving it.


I agree with this.

It would be cool if people other than Leo could post in the blog. LOP is a team, isn't it? So it would be nice to hear more about the other members of the team.

I remember that in the beggining of the blog there were some posts by the other members introducing themselves. It would be nice to see it happening again. You guys writing about your thoughts on the games, what you made different from one game to another, things you enjoyed writing and things you didn't, etc.

The poll idea is also a nice one. For example, a poll about what we like to see in the games: cheating, gang-bang, lesbian, anal, etc. Kinds of girls we like to see.
vkalvkal
great white shark
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu, 10Oct14 23:00

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Sep09 20:13

vkalvkal wrote:
DroopyLoving wrote:I really think the LoP blog needs to be updated more often, or at least more regularly. I think once a week would be excessive, but if it was updated fortnightly and then maybe a week before a release or on a release that would be ideal (so for example every other friday AND (the friday before a release announcing there's going to be a release the week after, if this doesn't line up with blog post friday anyway OR the friday of a release to announce the release). It would be good if the blogpost was written by more than JUST Leo, I would love to hear from Iksanabot and the other writers and artists about their projects, and about what else they're doing (what other games they are playing, hell what movies they're watching what books they're reading, what's inspiring them!) and throw in the occasional poll, I think Chaotic over at vdategames has really upped his blog game recently and I'm loving it.


I agree with this.

It would be cool if people other than Leo could post in the blog. LOP is a team, isn't it? So it would be nice to hear more about the other members of the team.

I remember that in the beggining of the blog there were some posts by the other members introducing themselves. It would be nice to see it happening again. You guys writing about your thoughts on the games, what you made different from one game to another, things you enjoyed writing and things you didn't, etc.

The poll idea is also a nice one. For example, a poll about what we like to see in the games: cheating, gang-bang, lesbian, anal, etc. Kinds of girls we like to see.


yes and no. Yes for obvious reasons as you stated. No cause then they get the heat on them they are talking instead of writing/programming/designing
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
User avatar
Skelaturi
Moderator
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed, 14Nov19 19:06
Location: The Netherlands, Brabant
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby master110 » Fri, 16Sep09 22:22

saolo996 wrote:
wllwf wrote:
saolo996 wrote:
master110 wrote:I'm pretty sure he is polish.


Me too, there are at least a couple of things that made me think like that :)

Anyway... In all LOP games there are features that made you think they're european.

Wow.Polish people are almost all Catholic. They are really this open about sex?Hmm, making sex games. lol. What features make you think they are Europeans? I thought they are British,Australian or Canadian. Many American people say that Americans are actually much more conservative than west European people on sex. Poland is so cool if Leo is a Polish guy lol


Leo is not native english, as stated by iksanabot too.
By the way I think this is not relevant at all! What everybody likes it's they paint situations many of us would like to be into, no?



Who ever sent the insiders email out , is polish because the email is all in polish at the bottom.
master110
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun, 15Oct25 12:49
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby iksanabot » Sat, 16Sep10 01:53

SENTENZA1138 wrote:
Don't be like that. You must be proud of what you've done. Personally I think it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to play it.


Oh you're right, I'm proud, but still nervous. I was proud of "Get me Pregnant" too. I was proud of "Stripper Pick Up". Me thinking it's great does not mean the players will think it's great, so I'm nervous.

I received some feedback recently from someone I have huge respect for, and it was not ALL positive. So that makes me nervous too. He said he thinks the fans will love it, but pointed out many deficiencies that I recognize as well, once he pointed them out.

One of the weaknesses, I think, is that I conceived of the game as a continuation of the first LWT. So I really just wrote a bunch of hot scenes with the characters, as though it were just playing 10 more days of the first game, with all the women dying to fuck Justin in whatever way he wanted. In that context, the scenes are super hot. But the weakness is that the game does not stand on its own as well as the first. The game relies on the first game for some of the character development and tension. That should be fine if you know the first game well, but if someone plays the sequel BEFORE they play the first game, it could seem disjointed. And for some, it's not as COMPLETE as the first game because it actually relies on the first game for so much of the plot. Yes, there is a new plot and game mechanic, but the game was not built from the ground up around them. It was built from LWT 1, and the the new plot and game mechanic was built on top of that. I think it works pretty well, but, well, as is often the case, if I could start all over again, I would have done it differently. (Don't despair, i wanted to start LWT 1 all over again too, and still do).

One of the play testers pointed out that it has a meaner/nastier tone than the first. I did not intend for that, but looking t it now, I see that he's right. I think it's a natural consequence of trying to give something new to a game - to push the story further - but I realize it makes the sequel different from the first in a way that the die hard romantics may not like.

I'm rambling. The point is, that though I'm proud, and I think I've written some scenes that will blow SOME people's minds, I'm also nervous because I may have written a game that the a lot of die-hard fans find a perversion of the original. Kind of like George Lucas saying Han Solo did not shoot first. (But not nearly THAT bad).

Anyway, just please play it and be constructive in your criticism. I already see ways to correct some of the short comings in the expansion - if it get's enough of a positive response. It seems like I'm trying to influence the response here, but it's just a fact: If everyone seems to hate it, then we won't bother with an expansion, so please be measured in your criticism.

Iks
User avatar
iksanabot
star of the reef
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue, 10Dec28 00:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby stcro1 » Sat, 16Sep10 09:47

@iksanabot

if i'm honest,nothing will top lwt1 for me,everything about the game is pretty much perfect in my opinion,and judging by the reactions it's same for many others (only thing that could be improved is adding even more content,the game still has so much to offer :D )
regarding lwt2 i understand that you're nervous,the hype for the game is huge and as i said on the blog there will certainly be people who will dislike it no matter what,but on the other side there will be a lot more of us who will love it,obviously we need to play the game first to give conclusion,but from the informations you gave us here about lwt2 and the reactions,i think that you can calm down a bit since many of us seemed excited for the plot and sequel

for the weakness you pointed out,i can understand your worries,but since it is sequel majority of players should be familiar with the events from the first game,it will depend then on personal preference whether someone will like or dislike the events of lwt2
personally at the moment i like it more that the game will depend directly to lwt1,because of the experience of eleanor2 where the game seemed stuck between first one and completely new story
i will pay attention to this and give my opinion once i play the game

i feel it will be received positively,i know i will like it
also i'm already hoping that there will be an expansion(even if the game hasn't been released :D ),you said that from feedback you received you recognized some details,maybe you could improve them in the future

all in all,good luck,i can't wait 13th to play
stcro1
great white shark
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri, 14Jan17 20:28
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby Dasati » Sat, 16Sep10 12:25

I seem to recall some criticism between lwt1 and its expansion about the (at the time) shortage of sex scenes, particularly with Lisa (for those who don't know/remember the original game at launch ended after you'd had sex with Lisa behind the club) so in that regard there'll definitely be some who will be pleased there's more action in lwt2. Plot wise as said above I felt the biggest weakness of ele2 was the story, it seemed like it tried to be both a continuation and a completely new story and failed at both. Having played and replayed lwt1 probably dozens of times by now I'm happy to continue the story and to be honest just happy to see more of Lisa, my favourite lop girl.
Dasati
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat, 12Apr28 16:42
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby master110 » Sat, 16Sep10 17:15

Dasati wrote:I seem to recall some criticism between lwt1 and its expansion about the (at the time) shortage of sex scenes, particularly with Lisa (for those who don't know/remember the original game at launch ended after you'd had sex with Lisa behind the club) so in that regard there'll definitely be some who will be pleased there's more action in lwt2. Plot wise as said above I felt the biggest weakness of ele2 was the story, it seemed like it tried to be both a continuation and a completely new story and failed at both. Having played and replayed lwt1 probably dozens of times by now I'm happy to continue the story and to be honest just happy to see more of Lisa, my favourite lop girl.



A few on the blog are just whiners. They will whine come Tuesday. Leo should stop replying to the abuse and hate.
master110
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun, 15Oct25 12:49
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby SENTENZA1138 » Sun, 16Sep11 00:18

iksanabot wrote:
SENTENZA1138 wrote:
Don't be like that. You must be proud of what you've done. Personally I think it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to play it.


Oh you're right, I'm proud, but still nervous. I was proud of "Get me Pregnant" too. I was proud of "Stripper Pick Up". Me thinking it's great does not mean the players will think it's great, so I'm nervous.

I received some feedback recently from someone I have huge respect for, and it was not ALL positive. So that makes me nervous too. He said he thinks the fans will love it, but pointed out many deficiencies that I recognize as well, once he pointed them out.

One of the weaknesses, I think, is that I conceived of the game as a continuation of the first LWT. So I really just wrote a bunch of hot scenes with the characters, as though it were just playing 10 more days of the first game, with all the women dying to fuck Justin in whatever way he wanted. In that context, the scenes are super hot. But the weakness is that the game does not stand on its own as well as the first. The game relies on the first game for some of the character development and tension. That should be fine if you know the first game well, but if someone plays the sequel BEFORE they play the first game, it could seem disjointed. And for some, it's not as COMPLETE as the first game because it actually relies on the first game for so much of the plot. Yes, there is a new plot and game mechanic, but the game was not built from the ground up around them. It was built from LWT 1, and the the new plot and game mechanic was built on top of that. I think it works pretty well, but, well, as is often the case, if I could start all over again, I would have done it differently. (Don't despair, i wanted to start LWT 1 all over again too, and still do).

One of the play testers pointed out that it has a meaner/nastier tone than the first. I did not intend for that, but looking t it now, I see that he's right. I think it's a natural consequence of trying to give something new to a game - to push the story further - but I realize it makes the sequel different from the first in a way that the die hard romantics may not like.

I'm rambling. The point is, that though I'm proud, and I think I've written some scenes that will blow SOME people's minds, I'm also nervous because I may have written a game that the a lot of die-hard fans find a perversion of the original. Kind of like George Lucas saying Han Solo did not shoot first. (But not nearly THAT bad).

Anyway, just please play it and be constructive in your criticism. I already see ways to correct some of the short comings in the expansion - if it get's enough of a positive response. It seems like I'm trying to influence the response here, but it's just a fact: If everyone seems to hate it, then we won't bother with an expansion, so please be measured in your criticism.

Iks


I can understand your point. However I don't see why relying on the first game is a weakness. You already max the relationships with Tracy and Lisa in the first game so it would be kind of pointless to start all over again. And if someone plays the second game first and finds it disjointed then it's his/her fault and not yours.
It's obvious that this game is going to get nastier (specially if we chose the swinger or voyeour ending I think) but I'm curious to see why it could get meaner.
When the game comes out I'll try to play the shit out it (if I don't get absorbed with university stuff) and do an objective review (it may be a little tough because English is not my first languaje) but right from the start I can say that the chance of picking the ending of the first game is a great idea.
SENTENZA1138
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 15Dec03 14:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby xsandman78 » Sun, 16Sep11 01:19

I don't really mind that if it relies on first game for backstory. Think it would be worse if it felt standalone and not a continuation.

I will say the news of a seeming meaner/nastier tone is certainly worrisome as far as I'm concerned.
xsandman78
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16Jan08 20:38
sex: Masculine

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

eXTReMe Tracker