Return to Pleasantville

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Return to Pleasantville

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 13Oct23 18:54

Releasing the game now. To play it I suggest using Gargoyle you can find the interpreter that matches your OS here:

http://code.google.com/p/garglk/

You can download the game here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4l5n65jyfp1x/RTP.rar

Enjoy.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Re: Return to Pleasantville

Postby M » Wed, 13Oct23 19:04

Neat, this is much earlier than I was expecting to see this.
M
lagoon predator

Postby ChadOchocinco » Wed, 13Oct23 19:33

Just finished downloading it. Excited to give it a try
ChadOchocinco
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby ChadOchocinco » Wed, 13Oct23 19:55

So - is there a method to the madness of flirting? Or is it just random?
ChadOchocinco
sirens hunter

Postby rabbie » Wed, 13Oct23 21:13

Awesome news, oh Filefactory... you frustratingly slow mother fucker. 30min download [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby Nezumi » Wed, 13Oct23 23:03

First Impressions. I have to admit to a twinge of jealousy when I found out Emily was going steady with another but after seeing her for the first time, man has she let herself go, I know you are using a different graphics program but she looks nothing like the sweet innocent girl I first seduced in your other game (the same can be said for the other recurring characters as well).

Having said that, the renders are beautiful and if I was coming to this game without playing the other I would be raving on how gorgeous all your models look.

The flirt feature is interesting but appears too random and I really dislike the way that the undo command has been removed but all in all, I look forward to wasting the next few day playing this game.

Thanks Lamont

P.S.
After getting to where I did, I feel a Halloween release would have been more appropriate for theis game [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Nezumi
great white shark

Postby TheBrain » Wed, 13Oct23 23:22

Have to agree that I dislike removing the undo, generally I don't like being forced to play in a particular way. For now it's too early to say whether it's detrimental to my playing experience, but usually I undo quite a lot in these types of games (to save me from saving/loading loads of times).

Not much else to add for the moment, except that the game turns very dark, very quickly... :P
Took me a bit by surprise ;)
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby rabbie » Wed, 13Oct23 23:37

[img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img] The players mother is gorgeous, more so than any of the other older women in the game.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby ares » Wed, 13Oct23 23:50

I guess congratulations are in order for your 2nd game. However...

for me, the not-undo thing means I won't play the game. I understand that this is a choice of the developer - although I don't really understand why you would choose that - but it translates into a great waste of time for the player who needs to start over in case he (or she) doesn't like the choices he took. And it seems there are plenty of choices to make in this game. This is not a vdate a kind of game where you just click your way through (and even there gamesaves are being implemented). One needs to write every command and there is a world around you, there is a refrigerator in the kitchen that you need to check, a left and a right drawer, and a clock ticking. Did I miss something in the outside world while I was checking the drawer? Can't know unless I start over from scratch.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to start over every time.

I'll probably check it out when a walkthrough comes out but that's not really playing the game.
ares
great white shark

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 13Oct23 23:56

A word about undo , without it there would be no game at all because all undo would do is cause the game to bug out completely. The game itself takes place pretty much entirely on one day and is a quick game and there are very few choices that lead you to an early grave so all people would do is undo negative flirts which is something I do not want to happen.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Oct24 00:05

ares wrote:I guess congratulations are in order for your 2nd game

well...4th but who's counting ;)
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ares » Thu, 13Oct24 00:25

lamont Sanford wrote:A word about undo , without it there would be no game at all because all undo would do is cause the game to bug out completely. The game itself takes place pretty much entirely on one day and is a quick game and there are very few choices that lead you to an early grave so all people would do is undo negative flirts which is something I do not want to happen.

Since there is a clock ticking in your game, I have to ask, are there any scheduled events that only happen at a certain time? If there are, please read my message above. It's not about flirting, it's about missing those because you were checking the drawer. Once I know that there is nothing in the drawer, I want to be able not to waste that time (undo) just in case I missed smth for not being in the right place at the right time. As the game is now, I need to restart. That is just too much of a waste of time.
ares
great white shark

Postby rabbie » Thu, 13Oct24 01:10

I think the lack of descriptions hurts the game a bit, not visual descriptions... Just general info on who they are, what they are all about.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Oct24 01:12

The game was designed to not see or do everything in a single play through , it is actually impossible since certain things preclude you from doing others.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Oct24 01:15

rabbie wrote:I think the lack of descriptions hurts the game a bit, not visual descriptions... Just general info on who they are, what they are all about.

I figured all the groundwork was laid in the original game, since this is a continuation in the series I thought it would be clunky to have to crowbar past history in everywhere, the opening paragraph touches on everyone that matters.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Next

Return to Free sexy games