Vdategames.com

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Vdategames.com

Postby coder » Mon, 10Sep27 20:58

@seprium read the blog
September 26th Update
Posted on September 26, 2010 by Chaotic

Offsite members will have noticed that the New Crystal game was available for download from yesterday. As stated in my last post, free users will have it tomorrow.
coder
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ihutch » Mon, 10Sep27 22:26

Seems there are a few bugs .... or its the code which is making it harder to make a walkthrough just by looking at the code...

This means i actually have to play the game :)

[EDIT]

and finding hard to go via some routes to the endings
ihutch
great white shark

Postby MC_Sadist » Mon, 10Sep27 23:24

Is it in the style of the original or is it more like his newer games?
MC_Sadist
great white shark

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 10Sep28 14:11

Crystal Part 2 free now available 'Firefox version only'!

http://www.vdategames.com/vdc2.html
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Wed, 10Sep29 10:48

I have a dream that one day Chaotic will stop writing games that need to be rewritten for Firefox and IE. Come on man, I wrote AdventureCreator for you. We've released multiple games using it. It works. It'll make your life easier and let you focus on the games rather than the html. You just have to use it...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Henrik » Wed, 10Sep29 11:20

tlaero, I understand the frustration, but realize this: Chaotic is to some extent or another making money off his vdate games. maybe not so much with crystal2 but even there it applies a little if he's putting that game up on his offsite prior to releasing it on the free one. but to carry it further, what if he uses your adventurecreator engine and then wants to make offsite games for it? his doing so gives you a clear claim to some form of compensation. seems like a tricky area that he probably rightly would rather avoid.
Henrik
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 10Sep29 12:35

Rikwar wrote : Crystal Part 2 free now available 'Firefox version only'!

http://www.vdategames.com/vdc2.html

I downloaded from there but there are hiccups. I haven't gotten much further than exploring rooms but I'm in one room, like the living room, and select a goto label "go to living room" and arrive in the kitchen which is my only other destination; well something like that.

Now see above, tlaero reiterates a comment that she has made sometime previously to Chaotic. She recognises Game developers are not programmers (in the big picture) and is seeking to make life easier for all.

Henrik offers a plausible justifiable reason why Chaotic should not avail himself of her enterprise but certainly she is not so naive as to realise Chaotic's circumstance; Chaotic is using his Offsite to keep his server space available.

I back tlaero in Chaotic exploring her tool.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Serge » Wed, 10Sep29 12:42

Just a question for Tlaero :

How to do the " username" that you can find in each Chaotic's games
Serge
Great Master of corals

Postby Mimailia » Wed, 10Sep29 16:08

Squeeky wrote :
Now see above, tlaero reiterates a comment that she has made sometime previously to Chaotic. She recognises Game developers are not programmers (in the big picture) and is seeking to make life easier for all.

Henrik offers a plausible justifiable reason why Chaotic should not avail himself of her enterprise but certainly she is not so naive as to realise Chaotic's circumstance; Chaotic is using his Offsite to keep his server space available.

I back tlaero in Chaotic exploring her tool.

Feel the same way Squeeky, tlaero has already given so much of herself to the lagoon without asking for anything in return.

We're lucky to have such a member.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 10Sep29 19:47

Without sounding as an everlasting echo I do feel the same way as to the comments above and Chaotic making use of Tlaero's AdventureCreator tool, although I noticed that Chaotic did inquire about it on Sept 14th
http://sharks-lagoon.aceboard.fr/215394 ... -games.htm
this being said I do hope that he makes use of the tool in is future games !
The proof is quite clear to see in the VDate Keeley game by Tlaero and phreaky which ran like a charm !

@Chaotic please note the comments are not aimed at what you should do but as a means of making your life a little easier [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Also thanks for the added Hotfile d/l link to Crystal Part 2 [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Chaotic » Thu, 10Sep30 00:21

The main reason I stuck to the old system for this game was (as I think I mentioned earlier in a thread), I actually started it a while ago back in May/June and using the old system. If I used The AdventureCreator, I would first of all have to learn how to do so (possibly not a massive task, but it would stil take time), but then also need to start making the game from scratch again.

Basically, it was just bugging me that there hadn't been a free game posted since the start of May, and I wanted to get one out. Since I was already comfortable and confident using my normal method via Dreamweaver, I just went for it.

I do want to start using an updated, more reliable system (I've also been looking at recommendations saying that I should focus on cookie's values rather than their presence), and I'll probably start experimenting very soon.
Chaotic
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 10Sep30 10:06

Henrik, the usage and readme for AdventureCreator explicitly says that you're allowed to sell games you make with it. The only compensation that I require is that I get to play the game without paying for it. Chaotic could do that by sending me a copy, or giving me an offsite password, etc. Any money he makes on his games is his. I don't make any claim to it.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Thu, 10Sep30 10:10

Chaotic, anything we can do to help you get to the new system, we're happy to help. The code AdventureCreator creates uses the cookie values rather than their presence already. You don't need to figure out how to do the cookies, I've already done that for you.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Thu, 10Sep30 10:13

Serge, I explicitly didn't add the username feature because I felt that it wasn't useful. If that's a dealbreaker, I'll add it. But in most of the games that use it, you type your name in but it's really only used once or twice. I didn't think it was worth the effort.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Serge » Thu, 10Sep30 17:58

Tlaero;

Thanks for your answer
I finally found the way to make it.

This is only a male fantasy to imagine that YOU are with the girl

Serge
Serge