Meeting Keeley

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Meeting Keeley

Postby flyserpat » Fri, 13Jun21 01:35

Hi!

Nice of you to have merge the two games together!

quick question:
do you plan to make a game based on the two characters involved in the bonus scene? If not, any plans for a future game with the existing characters? I know about your current predicament, I'm not trying to put pressure or anything, I'm just curious.

Keep up the good work!
flyserpat
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Fri, 13Jun21 04:15

Thanks flyserpat,

My plans are in flux. I have some ideas for things I could do with phreaky if he becomes available. Or I could freshen up another game and do another bonus scene. Or I could work on enhancing Adventure Creator and see what comes of that. I'm not currently planning to do a full adventure game by myself but I might consider something smaller. The first sexy game I ever played was Akina, so I have a nostalgic place in my heart for that style of game. I sometimes think about doing an HTML version of something like that. I'd be inclined to do it with a female protagonist, but Life With Keeley taught me that such things don't match my audience, so I'd probably stick with something more traditional.

At the moment, though, I'm not working on anything.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby flyserpat » Fri, 13Jun21 05:10

tlaero wrote:I'd be inclined to do it with a female protagonist, but Life With Keeley taught me that such things don't match my audience, so I'd probably stick with something more traditional.

I loved Life with Keeley, so personally I wouldn't mind at all! :-)
flyserpat
sirens hunter

Postby stoper » Sat, 13Jun22 10:19

flyserpat wrote:I loved Life with Keeley, so personally I wouldn't mind at all! :-)

Me too. Playing as a female protagonist is cool.
stoper
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Brigma » Sat, 13Jun22 20:56

tlaero wrote:I'd be inclined to do it with a female protagonist, but Life With Keeley taught me that such things don't match my audience, so I'd probably stick with something more traditional.

Think I remember you once saying that you should make games that you like and just hope people like it.

The majority of games out there have a male lead so a female protagonist is a nice change of pace. For me it was the story of Life with Keeley that brought the game down, not the lead's gender. At the end of the day, it was about a married couple who have a pretty decent sex life so the thrill of the chase just wasn't there.

Also:
tlaero wrote:Just a quick note to say that CfK has passed 10,000 downloads. It's currently the 5th highest rated game on Playforceone.

While it has currently dropped to 6th, Life with Keeley is 7th so I'm not sure why you don't think there is an audience for it.

Then again, Daydreaming with Keeley is my favorite and it's #11 so what do I know.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby Dakutis » Sun, 13Jun23 07:11

stoper wrote:
flyserpat wrote:I loved Life with Keeley, so personally I wouldn't mind at all! :-)

I think that creating games with a female protagonist is much harder, especially for dating game, after all, you do not need so many efforts to seduce men :) So I'm thinking to write a good story is more difficult. In Life with Keeley write story was easier because there was an initial history.
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby Danos1975 » Sun, 13Jun23 16:50

Looking forward to playing the release. This was such an incredible game the first time I played it.

If I might make a file host suggestion, try using zippyshare instead of hotfile. It gives much better download speeds for free users.
Danos1975
great white shark

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13Jun23 17:42

Dakutis wrote:
stoper wrote:

I think that creating games with a female protagonist is much harder, especially for dating game, after all, you do not need so many efforts to seduce men :) So I'm thinking to write a good story is more difficult. In Life with Keeley write story was easier because there was an initial history.

That's very true. When it comes to a woman seducing a man I'm reminded of the old saying "Arrive naked. Bring beer" :lol:

You would imagine that doesn't leave much scope for an adult dating game, so all honour to these guys for coming up with something that actually works.

It's going to be interesting to see how long they're able to keep it up but it seems most of us appreciate the potential pitfalls that arise from using this approach. In any case, it's much better to be able to point to a couple of really good games than a string of the "Well it's ok, but..." variety.

As frustrating as it may be for those of us who can only sit and wait, I think we are in agreement that quality beats quantity every time :)

So Tlaero, exactly when did you say you could have the next one ready by? :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Jun23 20:03

kessie8yl wrote:So Tlaero, exactly when did you say you could have the next one ready by? :lol:

(-:

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Sun, 13Jun23 20:54

tlaero wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:So Tlaero, exactly when did you say you could have the next one ready by? :lol:

(-:

Tlaero

... Is his a hint or an attempt to get us to shut up or... /mind implodes
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Jun24 14:12

Superawesomemans wrote:
tlaero wrote:

(-:

Tlaero

Approach with care... I sense a hint of bared teeth in that smile [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Mon, 13Jun24 16:04

kessie8yl wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:
tlaero wrote:

(-:

Tlaero

Approach with care... I sense a hint of bared teeth in that smile [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

:lol:
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Teaser » Thu, 13Jul25 19:26

Hot damn. Just downloaded and played it through (including getting all achiechments plus, well, you know what ;) )
Can you only do great, Tlaero? [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

As I already said I love your games, but merging the two Keeley games was awesome.

Petition: anybody give Tlaero a million dollars so she can work fulltime on her games?
;)

Petition 2
Please please give us more of those two in the bonus scene. Amazing. Just can't wait no matter what you bring us.
Teaser
great white shark

Postby Super » Thu, 13Jul25 19:43

Petition 3: any new game from you would be good :p

This genre is my favorite type of adult game, and would love for more from someone ( though obviously wolfs game is excellent but it'll take forever to make so eh). So if love more to look forward to than chaotic or an epic game that is eons away.

Also, what exactly should we call games like this and vdategames? Just virtual date games? Well whatever
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Fri, 13Jul26 04:50

I think of them as "Virtual Date Games" but that's mostly because my initial inspiration was Virtual Date With Ariane. Most of my games span multiple dates, so maybe "Virtual Relationship" is more accurate. But that doesn't really hold for other games in the Genre. Virtual Date is probably the better name. I both like and dislike "Visual Novel." It implies an amount of story, which I like, but also implies a lack of interactivity, which I don't.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games