Emily: Sister Attraction

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Emily: Sister Attraction

Postby Dolphin-BR » Sun, 15Aug23 06:00

MorganTreeman wrote:Though she is cute, love the school girl outfit, it does remind me a lot of BBBen's style. It leaves me a bit disconnected from the Emily I know. I think the problem might be the eyes. Can we see what she looks like with smaller eyes?

I agree that smaller eyes may look better!
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Aug23 07:21

The image is good, but seen that the original was a real model, this seems a caricature (probably the eyes), but I would want to see a complete figure to evaluate.
If you want a true opinion, when you have created a model you think right you could try to release the first demo of ESA with and see what people thinks, but maybe this is too much work and being the game created with photo in mind, using 3d images would be a cheap adaption (different is a game created with 3d images in mind).
I like how you are experimenting and remember even when the changes are right there will be always people afraid of changes.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Aug23 07:33

I agree with that fact that the eyes are too big, but I prefer that rather than the "paint filter" you used previously.

Let's be positive, 3D pictures are way more personalized; you are not limited anymore by the models' pictures that you can found on the web.
I don't know how you work on your project but you could maybe ask for help to a 3D artist for reducing your amount of work and focus yourself on the actual game (programming and story).
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Sun, 15Aug23 12:44

I'm not a fan of Japanese style images. I'd probably just play the text only version.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Aug23 13:20

I think that it won't be possible to please all, there will be people that would like every style, some that will prefer one or another, there are who prefer photos, but there are others that would like more an anime style (even if maybe they are more present in other forums).
I think that you need to decide what you prefer, you are the author, creating art that you don't like or that you have difficults in doing won't be a good thing in the long run and how many things (like songs) sometimes people need time to really appreciate.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby karrek » Sun, 15Aug23 13:33

My first choice would be photos, but if you can't use them for legal reasons then my second choice would be photos with the photoshop filter. I think that gives it better continuity with the first game. I do like this 3D model better than ones you posted on your site, but like everyone else I think the eyes are a little too big.

I do agree that an advantage to using 3D renders instead of photos is that then you're not limited by the photos available. Ultimately it's up to you.
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 15Aug23 14:28

i do agree aswell that the eyes look big, but i'v been thiking about perspective. What does it look like when it's not a close up shot. All about perspective
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Borborygmus » Sun, 15Aug23 16:04

I think the photos and the stylized one with the filters beat the 3D version flat out.

The original model is gorgeous and has the innocent girl-next-door appeal that played very well with this game. The 3D model isn't bad by any means, but I don't think any 3D model can truly replace Elle B as Emily. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Borborygmus
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sun, 15Aug23 16:21

I do agree.
My preference goes to a more realistic kind of art. Either with filtered pics of real models or a more realistic 3d character like the ones you have on your site. Although not a big fan og anime style eyes.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby SpikeTheGoat » Sun, 15Aug23 18:22

I think what can be gained from this is - everyone pretty much has different ideas about what is best =D

Well, there is somewhat of an agreement about the eyes, so that is something I guess? I think the larger eyes make it more cartoony (think pixar or disney or whatever).

In the end I suppose it will be up to you as an author to decide what is best for your game. So... good luck! ;)
SpikeTheGoat
great white shark

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Sun, 15Aug23 22:17

karrek wrote:My first choice would be photos, but if you can't use them for legal reasons then my second choice would be photos with the photoshop filter.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Rexxx wrote:I think that you need to decide what you prefer, you are the author, creating art that you don't like or that you have difficults in doing won't be a good thing in the long run

I also agree with this.

Don't design your games by committee Palmer. Just do what you think works best for the story you want to tell.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sun, 15Aug23 22:41

JolllyTodger1 wrote:Don't design your games by committee Palmer. Just do what you think works best for the story you want to tell.

Total suport.

Just do whichever graphic style (if any) that gives you the most enjoyment. That's what I do, regardless of any criticism.
If you enjoy pics do pics. If you like 3d do 3d. If you like anime style do that too.
In the end the one that should most enjoy your games that's yourself. Quality will improve that way.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby ares » Sun, 15Aug23 23:42

I am surprised to see how much preference there seem to be for the real life pictures.

I prefer 3D by far. The key point being that with 3D you get to present exactly the scene you intended while with real life pictures you have to rely on what is there that someone else did. Depending on real life pictures restricts creativity a big deal and in general, although, it always seems to me that the games that use 3D images, at least the good ones, always are more credible storywise.
ares
great white shark

Postby rabbie » Sun, 15Aug23 23:54

On the flip side, using real images can give you ideas for scenes you never would've had without them.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 15Aug24 00:04

personally i like 3d images in games, cause i feel with real images there are limitation to games. More so when more then 1 girl is involved in bed. And real images are quite easy to come by when you get the names.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games