6 steps to a date - datinggame by Josefus

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: 6 steps to a date - datinggame by Josefus

Postby ViniCent » Sat, 13May25 03:56

Josefus wrote:Ich werde zukünftig auch keine Google-Übersetzungen mehr machen. Das führt nur zu noch größeren Problemen.
Ich weiss, dass selbst die Übersetzung viel, vile Arbeit bedeutet. Ich bedanke mich immer wieder bei den Usern, die sich die Mühe machen die Spiele zu übersetzen. Fordern kann ich es nicht. Und einen Ausweg aus diesem Dilema habe ich auch nicht.
Schlussfolgerung: Zukünftige Spiele sind wieder in deutscher Sprache.! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Ich würde mir kine Sorge diesbezüglich machen, wenn der Markt da ist, wird er bedient.
Ich bin eine unglaublich technische null, aber ich würde gerne wissen, wie genau man deine Spiele ins Englische überstetzen kann, ich würde die nämlich wirklich gerne machen.

I'm a complete nut xonsidering these technical things, so i'd love to know how you can translate a game, so I could get to start translating.
ViniCent
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 13May25 04:31

ViniCent wrote:.....

I'm a complete nut xonsidering these technical things, so i'd love to know how you can translate a game, so I could get to start translating.

When those of us on Shark's team (whose native language is English; although one is French-Canadian) do the work, Shark makes it somewhat easier for us. He gives us his version of English and we improve upon it. Spitzertyp had tended to rely on our English but I think now he uses Shark's English to do his German translation. I cannot speak for the other translations. Anyway those translations are included in the package and the user makes a choice of language.

Now I'm not sure what you meant by your statement.
Those who wish to translate to English for themselves will likely open two windows, one with the game and the other with something like: http://translate.google.com/ (there are others).

If that is not what you are saying, then ask Josefus to PM you the German script, translate it to English and send it back to him. As you are German, I trust your English is quite fluent.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Greebo » Sat, 13May25 12:31

As I have said elsewhere, I have translated for Josefus in the past for "Double Sick". Arnulf had done some work on an English translation but it was somewhat lacking and stilted, so I had a go at improving it. In the end I found it best to take it by the scruff of the neck and work my way through it systematically doing my own translation as I went, and asking questions when I was unsure of intended meanings.

It is much easier to translate into a language that comes naturally to you, even if the language you are trying to translate from is one you are not completely comfortable with -- the reverse is not true! Arnulf's grasp of English was excellent, but it was not quite up to enabling a translation that didn't jar with true English speakers.

There are some unique individuals who seem to be able to slip under the skin of several different languages, but they are very rare and usually employed by the UN. A family friend was talented that way, and it could be fascinating when she got together with one of her colleagues -- they would segue from language to language as they chatted, using phrases and words freely from anywhere in their multilingual resources that seemed best to fit what they were trying to convey.

PS When translating games it is usually best if you have the full game complete with any images in order to stay aware of the context, so only having the script to translate is not normally a good option.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13May25 18:31

Squeeky wrote:

When those of us on Shark's team (whose native language is English; although one is French-Canadian) do the work, Shark makes it somewhat easier for us. He gives us his version of English and we improve upon it. Spitzertyp had tended to rely on our English but I think now he uses Shark's English to do his German translation. I cannot speak for the other translations. Anyway those translations are included in the package and the user makes a choice of language.

Those who wish to translate to English for themselves will likely open two windows, one with the game and the other with something like: http://translate.google.com/ (there are others).

If that is not what you are saying, then ask Josefus to PM you the German script, translate it to English and send it back to him. As you are German, I trust your English is quite fluent.

The problem with Josefus' games is that the Google version of English tends not to make any sense either - It would need someone who understood current German vernacular to provide a passable translation into English (presumably the same would apply to other languages too). Having 2 browsers open at the same time is the way I play other games that aren't in English (even some of Josefus' past efforts) but the translations aren't always clear.
I have asked Josefus at least twice if he would be willing to incorporate some proper translations into the games themselves (as Shark does) if someone was willing to do the work and translate the text properly. All he says is "EVERYONE can translate" which I for one can testify is simply not true - but I don't know if that is literally what he means or just what Google thinks he's saying.

I can't make the question any clearer, but if he's using Google to translate it into German maybe he's suffering the same problem too... Who knows? :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby ViniCent » Mon, 13May27 04:22

Squeeky wrote:

Well, I was a little bit drunk writing the last post, so sorry for any porblems understanding the post^^
I meant to translate the game for everyone, not just me.
To be honest I too have problems understanding his posts on here, but now that you mentioned it, it could be true, that Josefus meant that you could translate everything with Google Translate etc., but I did intended to translate it for everyone.
I guess I will try to PM Josefus and see what happens;)
ViniCent
Pilot fish

Postby marc110 » Wed, 13Jun05 15:12

The english is very bad , the game is pretty dull and i don't get it at all , you click on the girl she tells you to get out of the sun then it says i go into a crouch or ok sorry that was nothing , both ends up the same way

[img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

[Mod edit: disparaging comment removed. It could have been phrased more tastefully.]
marc110
Pilot fish

Postby Trucla » Wed, 13Jun05 23:52

marc110 wrote:hi everyone new here just joined
M de la Palisse wouldn't have said it better! [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img]

marc110 wrote:The english is very bad , the game is pretty dull and i don't get it at all , you click on the girl she tells you to get out of the sun then it says i go into a crouch or ok sorry that was nothing , both ends up the same way

[img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

[Mod edit: disparaging comment removed. It could have been phrased more tastefully.]
About 9 hours after having taken the trouble to register you just issued this post only for saying that the game is a sh*t! :o Honestly in this way you're not welcome at all in this community!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Jun07 00:38

Trucla wrote:
marc110 wrote:hi everyone new here just joined
M de la Palisse wouldn't have said it better! [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img]

marc110 wrote:The english is very bad , the game is pretty dull and i don't get it at all , you click on the girl she tells you to get out of the sun then it says i go into a crouch or ok sorry that was nothing , both ends up the same way

About 9 hours after having taken the trouble to register you just issued this post only for saying that the game is a sh*t! :o Honestly in this way you're not welcome at all in this community!

That's a rather strange post - You've quoted marc110 in full, so clearly the part about sh*t wasn't all he had to say on the subject.

You then go on to reveal the very part of his comment that was modded-out, presumably for the benefit of anyone who didn't see the original and missed the chance to be offended by it...

Telling a noob they aren't welcome seems a bit harsh, particularly as the mod edit achieved its' purpose in a less confrontational way.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Fri, 13Jun07 01:32

kessie8yl wrote:...That's a rather strange post - You've quoted marc110 in full, so clearly the part about sh*t wasn't all he had to say on the subject.

You then go on to reveal the very part of his comment that was modded-out, presumably for the benefit of anyone who didn't see the original and missed the chance to be offended by it...

Telling a noob they aren't welcome seems a bit harsh, particularly as the mod edit achieved its' purpose in a less confrontational way.

I'm inclined to go with Trucla on this. If I recall it correctly the mod edit was made after Trucla's post anyway, so he didn't reveal it, it was rather translation into English of a rude and pointed comment in German which was obviously intended to deliberately target Josefus in his own language!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Mimailia » Fri, 13Jun07 12:02

Greebo wrote:I'm inclined to go with Trucla on this. If I recall it correctly the mod edit was made after

I'm with both of you. I bit my lip hard after marc110's comments, and started to comment Trucla after his/her remarks and yes, they were made before a mod edit.

I can't play Josefus' games because of the English problems, but he tries, and that makes him a better game maker than me.

I consider him a valuable member of this community, and apologize to him for not defending him as Trucla has done.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Fri, 13Jun07 15:16

OK! Please allow me to clarify my feelings about the intervention of marc110 in the new lagoon.

First of all, like Mimailia, I don't play Josefus games because my knowledge of German is very close to null, and I hate all the Internet and computer translators of sentences (not of single words). So I can't say a thing about their quality. Nevertheless I appreciate that people like Josefus make an effort to create games for others to play and make them free! Thank you Josefus! [img]smile/tracker.gif[/img]

This said, what I first saw was marc110's first post in the "Introductions" section that is quoted in my previous message in this thread. Thinking that such an introduction didn't deserve a reply, curious as I am, and seeing that he had already two posts, went to see the contents of his second post. A big part of these telegraphic introductions lead to requests for help on a game, and I wanted to see if it was the case. Just imagine my (bad) surprise and rage :o when I saw his post here! I don't conceive that a guy registers in a forum like ours with the only purpose of using some destructive criticism against a work and its creator, let alone using an insult at the end of the said post.

I've let pass some time ( ~9 hours) for seeing if the guy had something good to say about something in the lagoon. Nothing! So I decided to issue that post. Even if the rules didn't forbid the use of insults, I still think that marc110 shouldn't be a member of our community.

That's all about this, I think.
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Spike1981 » Fri, 13Jun07 16:26

so i tried every thing i can not get over 5 f....

walktrough would be nice!
Spike1981
sirens hunter

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Jun07 17:57

Greebo wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:...That's a rather strange post - You've quoted marc110 in full, so clearly the part about sh*t wasn't all he had to say on the subject.

I'm inclined to go with Trucla on this. If I recall it correctly the mod edit was made after Trucla's post anyway, so he didn't reveal it, it was rather translation into English of a rude and pointed comment in German which was obviously intended to deliberately target Josefus in his own language!

I didn't realise the mod was made later, being as the mod is included in the quote I assumed it had been made first. Having said that, even I know enough about German to know that, for some cultural reason I don't understand, the word Scheiße doesn't carry the same vulgar connotations to a German as the word shit does in English.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Jun07 18:32

Trucla wrote:OK! Please allow me to clarify my feelings about the intervention of marc110 in the new lagoon.

First of all, like Mimailia, I don't play Josefus games because my knowledge of German is very close to null, and I hate all the Internet and computer translators of sentences (not of single words). So I can't say a thing about their quality. Nevertheless I appreciate that people like Josefus make an effort to create games for others to play and make them free! Thank you Josefus! [img]smile/tracker.gif[/img]

This said, what I first saw was marc110's first post in the "Introductions" section that is quoted in my previous message in this thread. Thinking that such an introduction didn't deserve a reply, curious as I am, and seeing that he had already two posts, went to see the contents of his second post. A big part of these telegraphic introductions lead to requests for help on a game, and I wanted to see if it was the case. Just imagine my (bad) surprise and rage :o when I saw his post here! I don't conceive that a guy registers in a forum like ours with the only purpose of using some destructive criticism against a work and its creator, let alone using an insult at the end of the said post.

I've let pass some time ( ~9 hours) for seeing if the guy had something good to say about something in the lagoon. Nothing! So I decided to issue that post. Even if the rules didn't forbid the use of insults, I still think that marc110 shouldn't be a member of our community.

That's all about this, I think.

Did you not consider that having joined the lagoon, he found this game and had spent the intervening period playing it? What else would he be able to comment on? Would you prefer that marc110, like so many others, only joined so he could post a request for a walkthrough of a brand-new game? Nobody kicks those out of the community.

As I've also explained elsewhere, although the German Scheiße literally translates into English as "shit", there is a world of difference when it comes to how acceptable the words are in each culture. A German might use the word Scheiße as frequently and with about as much controversy as an Englishman might say the word bugger. In many societies the least suggestion of buggery would be an anathema but it is an everyday expletive in England, acceptable enough to be broadcast on radio and TV.

I am actually more concerned with your continued insistence that someone should be barred from the lagoon because you don't like something they said. Even if marc110 had said he thought the game was "English" sh1t, he is entitled to his opinion - and the mod would have taken care of it. If anyone is over the top in expressing their views the mods (and others) soon point out the error of their ways, perhaps along with a friendly warning not to repeat the mistake. I am sure the mods would agree that it would a total misuse of their authority to exclude anyone on the basis of one critical comment.

Bugger that for a lark.. :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Josefus » Sun, 13Jun09 11:12

thank you for your coments,

On top you find a Spoiler to play this game!
Josefus
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games