Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby lucky loser » Mon, 13May06 06:30

One of the things I really like about Date Ariane is the modifications that were made. I see that SITA is NOT Creative Commons like Date Ariane is, and that mods are not allowed.

Hopefully, as the game is introduced and updated, the maker will allow friendly game developers like those here to add in new features. That increased playability a lot. (I still fire up the UP17 version every couple of months)

[img]kator/smiley168.gif[/img]
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby wagner » Tue, 13May07 01:05

lucky loser wrote:One of the things I really like about Date Ariane is the modifications that were made. I see that SITA is NOT Creative Commons like Date Ariane is, and that mods are not allowed.

There's nothing that can stop an end user from modifying their copy of the game. It's the right of the end user to do so, DRM or otherwise, and being Python, the source is going to be in plain text (or at least a reversible, tokenized version of that). What the end user is not allowed to do is distribute any modified version of the original game, and I can appreciate the reasons for this. The author wants their work to be consumed in the manner they created it, and doesn't want their vision muddied by a dozen different modified versions of it circling the internet. If the user is going to be running a modified version, it is going to have to be by their own willful intent, as opposed to just downloading the wrong, poorly labeled copy off some file sharing site. It's the same reason for protecting a trademark, to prevent brand confusion.

To be fair, there really wasn't a whole lot of worth to the modifications against the original Date Arianne. A few of the modifications made legitimate changes to the interactivity, or added translations. Most of the changes merely tweaked the variables to reduce the difficulty, opened up new pathways to link back to previous parts of the game, or added back in parts of the game that had been replaced or removed. The ones that actually made graphical changes ranged from poor collages of other rendered pictures, to downright awful animations that looked like they were done in Paint.
wagner
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby ArianeB » Wed, 13May08 19:17

Hi All!

As expected there is interest in my game on this forum. :crazy:

Anyways, in a likely futile attempt to keep a mad rush happening and destabilizing the download server, I decided to try a load experiment. The good news for you guys (at least the ones that see this post in the next couple of days) is you get to download the current beta version of the game, hopefully before the servers get overloaded.

Here's the link: http://arianeb.com/sita/download.htm

I'll be monitoring this thread if you have any issues. (this is a beta test after all) As far as I can tell this is ready to be the final version, but I assume people will find bugs, spelling/grammar mistakes, better ideas on some plots, so I will no doubt release a corrected final version later in the summer.

If the link does not work, it means either 1) emergency shut down due to server load, 2) serious bug found needing patching, or 3) the download page at http://arianeb.com/sita is now live.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Got rid of beta page, main download page now works, Linux version
Last edited by ArianeB on Fri, 13May10 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby blaman » Wed, 13May08 19:46

Downloading! :D
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby M » Wed, 13May08 19:55

Sweet.
M
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Wed, 13May08 20:19

Thank-you Ariane. Nice gift!
shark
Site Admin

Postby ArianeB » Wed, 13May08 20:20

Wow, 140 downloads in an hour.
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 13May08 20:25

downloading now, cannot wait, although some important exams atm, so might not actually get properly playing it til next week :(
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 13May08 20:26

oh, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, original date is the best dating sim I have ever played
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Super » Wed, 13May08 20:27

Played around a bit, not rough to have a full view of though

Only suggestion is to make it more obvious that you go into Options to change your name or set your previous date. I was wondering why I couldn't do that... Maybe, when you set the name at the beginning, have it say you can change it and set your previous date in options?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 13May08 20:32

Thanks Ariane....now to see whats in the Air ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby NapoleonSolo » Wed, 13May08 20:43

Downloaded and playing. I am so impressed that there is a version for Macs. Thank you very much. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
NapoleonSolo
great white shark

Postby rabbie » Wed, 13May08 20:54

Woa, did not expect this today. Downloading now... [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] thanks.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby thawk2048 » Wed, 13May08 21:09

I went ahead and downloaded so I can practice resisting temptation as I choose not to play it until my last exam is finished tomorrow.

I can't wait to get started, though. You rock.
thawk2048
Pilot fish

Postby realkane » Wed, 13May08 21:44

Thank you so much Ariane, what a lovely surprise...
Downloading as we speak....
This seems to be a day that nothing goes your way but you keep on going anyway....cause you're a CHAMP!
realkane
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games