Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby lagoonfish » Mon, 13May13 19:38

Got all the 40 endings and played Story 3 until the Bonnie endings got repeating, but still missing some scenes as there is more content in the archive.rpa. To give an example:

Topless and/or naked Waitress Lexi

As far as I understood from ArianeB's hints, the prequel settings are only affecting story 1, not the others, so assuming the above scene is not part of Story 1, there must be still something one is missing even after getting all the 40 endings.
I am quite curious about that.
lagoonfish
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 13May13 23:31

@lagoonfish

That is something of an Easter Egg since as far as I can tell it's not accessible if you use the prequel settings. You have to have gone to the diner on your first date with Ariane, but the date has to have ended well, which the Normal Downtown Diner date doesn't. If that's the case instead of going straight home you'll go to the diner first.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 13May13 23:48

Is it just me or is Paula way too dismissive of the fact that her experiment inadvertantly killed someone in the "Do You Know Any Gymnasts?" ending?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby cheese101 » Tue, 13May14 00:39

right, 39/40, trying to get the amusement park ending, and it wont be awarded.

I do snack bar->rollercoaster->dunk->no to house party->tilt a whirl

it aint awarded. any ideas on how i can get it?
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 13May14 01:15

cheese101 wrote:right, 39/40, trying to get the amusement park ending, and it wont be awarded.

I do snack bar->rollercoaster->dunk->no to house party->tilt a whirl

it aint awarded. any ideas on how i can get it?

Sorry about that, the walkthrough was wrong

Pick two rides and an attraction. Avoid the snack bar and the dunk tank. Rachel should suggest going on another ride for the final action. I think that should trigger the Amusement Park ending.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby spazout01 » Tue, 13May14 01:53

Anyone else having trouble loading the game? I've tried re-downloading it several times, and tried unzipping it with different applications. It seems that the pictures arn't loading. Only the background colors. I was able to take screenshots of the game play, and so i know the game is working correctly, it just won't load while in the .exe file. Any help?
spazout01
Pilot fish

Postby M » Tue, 13May14 03:43

ExLibris wrote:Is it just me or is Paula way too dismissive of the fact that her experiment inadvertantly killed someone in the "Do You Know Any Gymnasts?" ending?

I thought that too, but then she was apparently completely cool with conducting credible weather control experiments in the middle of a population center so she's obviously not that worried about human consequences. I kind of figured that the people who were after them were just the cops or the FBI or something.
M
lagoon predator

Postby wagner » Tue, 13May14 04:50

M wrote:
ExLibris wrote:Is it just me or is Paula way too dismissive of the fact that her experiment inadvertantly killed someone in the "Do You Know Any Gymnasts?" ending?

I thought that too, but then she was apparently completely cool with conducting credible weather control experiments in the middle of a population center so she's obviously not that worried about human consequences. I kind of figured that the people who were after them were just the cops or the FBI or something.

Oh come on... weather control machines are totally within the realm of "evil genius". Civilian deaths are just icing on the cake for a successful test firing... [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
wagner
great white shark

Postby Hoboy » Tue, 13May14 08:05

ExLibris wrote:@lagoonfish

That is something of an Easter Egg since as far as I can tell it's not accessible if you use the prequel settings. You have to have gone to the diner on your first date with Ariane, but the date has to have ended well, which the Normal Downtown Diner date doesn't. If that's the case instead of going straight home you'll go to the diner first.

This would be a variation of the code for the diner date, I presume? Something working from 5a8e2. I've tried most of the one-offs...anyone have some luck?
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Brigma » Tue, 13May14 09:14

wagner wrote:
M wrote:

Oh come on... weather control machines are totally within the realm of "evil genius". Civilian deaths are just icing on the cake for a successful test firing... [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Whats the worst she could be charged with here? The girl who was struck by lightning didn't seem the type to worry about weather forecasts so she would have been just as likely to be killed by a regular storm as opposed to an artificial one. My guess would be that whatever university/research group that was funding her would face a wrongful death or negligent homicide at worst and settle out of court for an infinitesimally small fraction of what the potential profits of the device would yield. In all likely hood the damage to the hydroelectric plant would end up being more costly, but hey that's the world we live in.

As for the population center argument can be explained. While the city the story takes place in is not disclosed, I'm assuming its a city similar to NYC who has unpredictable wind patterns due to the large buildings. Performing the experiment there would be a worst case scenario thus proving the method could be replicated anywhere.

Evil genius might be miss-categorizing Paula. While the road to hell is paved with good intentions, she did state her goals for the projects as being peaceful ones. It's not like she's Dr. Doofenshmirtz with a Weather-Control-Inator.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 13May14 11:24

Brigma wrote:Whats the worst she could be charged with here? The girl who was struck by lightning didn't seem the type to worry about weather forecasts so she would have been just as likely to be killed by a regular storm as opposed to an artificial one. My guess would be that whatever university/research group that was funding her would face a wrongful death or negligent homicide at worst and settle out of court for an infinitesimally small fraction of what the potential profits of the device would yield. In all likely hood the damage to the hydroelectric plant would end up being more costly, but hey that's the world we live in.

As for the population center argument can be explained. While the city the story takes place in is not disclosed, I'm assuming its a city similar to NYC who has unpredictable wind patterns due to the large buildings. Performing the experiment there would be a worst case scenario thus proving the method could be replicated anywhere.

Evil genius might be miss-categorizing Paula. While the road to hell is paved with good intentions, she did state her goals for the projects as being peaceful ones. It's not like she's Dr. Doofenshmirtz with a Weather-Control-Inator.

My point was more around Paula's culpability for Veronica's death rather than the legal ramifications. The fact that she doesn't show the slightest sign of guilt is a danger sign for me.

However, you raise a good point when you mention the profits the device could yield. Who's going to pay for it? Certainly not developing countries. Not that they're likely to get a chance to buy it given that it's the property of the US government or whichever corporations provided the funding. I'm sure they'll use it for the benefit of mankind though.

I wouldn't say evil genius either, but I would say mad scientist given how little consideration she gives to the long-term consequences. And if you start poking something as complicated and as poorly understood as the weather, there are going to be consequences. If you make it rain somewhere, maybe it doesn't rain somewhere else. Or maybe it does rain, and doesn't stop. Who knows?

Anyhow, I'm probably just overthinking things as usual.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Tue, 13May14 11:28

Hoboy wrote:
ExLibris wrote:@lagoonfish

This would be a variation of the code for the diner date, I presume? Something working from 5a8e2. I've tried most of the one-offs...anyone have some luck?

With the help of Felix's walkthrough I managed to get a good diner date pretty quickly (well it was a seven, but that's good enough apparently). PM me if you want the code.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby bob13 » Tue, 13May14 12:23

How i can have "Did it all" ? i can't have the other ending because i can't see "did it all".

did it all= paypal?

Help pls thanks.
bob13
great white shark

Postby nvtsbamf » Tue, 13May14 14:29

well jesse ventura claims this already exists in alaska. anyway, paula could be an evil genius hiding under a thin veil of "nice girl"
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby redle » Tue, 13May14 20:59

bob13 wrote:How i can have "Did it all" ? i can't have the other ending because i can't see "did it all".

did it all= paypal?

Help pls thanks.

Before you click Start, click Options. Then click Prequel Menu. 'Did it all' is 2nd column, all the way at the bottom. Click that button. Go back to the main menu and start a new game.

As for the death... When Leatherface went around killing everyone with a chainsaw in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, did the inventor of the chainsaw say, "Oh God, what have I done?" Did the inventor of the pickax blame himself for every mining tunnel collapse? Did the first eye-gauge from an umbrella in an umbrella-drink cause the inventor endless nights of sleeplessness and a forbidding of anyone to make use of his patent for all eternity?

We all have some degree of self-doubt and self-blame. But when larger fears overwhelm us, there isn't time to dwell on the small things. Paula has just realized the magnitude of what she's accomplished, and how many power hungry people are going to seek to claim it for their own. One life, when compared to the billions potentially aided or harmed in the future, is so infinitesimally small. Perhaps she will mourn that loss of life on her own time in the future. Or maybe she will rationalize it away as nature's choice (after all, her experiment was to make rain... lightning was nature's freebee with purchase of storm cloud).

I certainly won't blame Paula for seeing, one person died and there is a looming threat to all of humanity, and choosing to focus on the second.
redle
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games