Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby redle » Wed, 13May29 23:12

I would agree that the same combination on the array does not work every time. It isn't the type of game where I figure out an answer and then enter it either. An approach that may help, look at which mark is furthest from being in the green. 'Pull' any one of the levers. See if that spot gets closer. If it does not, put that lever back where it had just been and try a different lever. If the one you pulled, helped, see if moving it slightly more or less gets you any closer. Then leave that lever there; find which mark is 'now' the furthest out; start pulling levers again to see which one helps. Hopefully this helps you solve it in a more manageable time.

As for the comments about the third date being intentionally in there to demonstrate life's general bad dates... I'd say, that sort of thing should generally come first in a game. Frustration, puzzlement, confusion, and a healthy dose of 'well that sucks' is often expected in the early stages of figuring out what one is doing (be it life or a game). It seems very backwards to me have that struggle and finally succeed with the first two people and date scenarios. Then afterwards, once we are conditioned what to expect from this game, get disappointing endings (yes, some of them were entertaining enough, but you go out with someone fun to date, i.e. Ariane or Rachel, theoretically stop dating them, and then have a series of bad dates, The End. There is a reason the standard script is reversed. Bad dates, good dates, the end). Granted, we aren't forced to meet/date them in any particular order, but maybe we should.
redle
star of the reef

Postby humbert » Thu, 13May30 05:06

Hey, I found another hidden ending. Just after you get into your third hour of unsuccessful Ellison Array Settings and have mathematically exhausted each combination more than four times without advancing, the storm window has passed, and the three angry woman scientists call you a bunch of cruel names and beat you to death with a sack of oranges. So there's another imaginary ethical discussion for ya. I'll lead off by saying it was a mercy killing, and despite the intense pain of internal bleeding, I welcomed the sweet release. Also, in future sequels with this pre-set, Goth Chick lives on.
humbert
sirens hunter

Postby Felix » Sat, 13Jun01 15:38

Ripe wrote:Anyone managed to "break" that 3D barcode web address?

http://arianeb.com/messageboard/index.html

New Ariane article on the official blog, with some info about version 1.0 that will have some changes thanks to the forum here:

http://arianeb.wordpress.com/2013/06/01 ... a-testing/
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Triple X » Sat, 13Jun01 19:23

great graphic and stories
but i am completely disappointed about lack of sex scenes in the game....i hope there were handjobs,blowjobs,Cum and something like these stuffs not just bouncing of tits while having sex!
that makes me skip sex scenes like it was nothing!
also i have never seen my POV dick or hands in the game!
SITA includes great graphic, but Date with ariane b was more fun
I really appreciate people who worked on this game for more than 2 years I think but i expected more
Triple X
sirens hunter

Postby marc110 » Sat, 13Jun29 23:47

love this game , found all the ending good work

if you used the new model and remade the first one that would be amazing also
marc110
Pilot fish

Postby kessie8yl » Mon, 13Jul01 20:48

humbert wrote:Hey, I found another hidden ending. Just after you get into your third hour of unsuccessful Ellison Array Settings and have mathematically exhausted each combination more than four times without advancing, the storm window has passed, and the three angry woman scientists call you a bunch of cruel names and beat you to death with a sack of oranges. So there's another imaginary ethical discussion for ya. I'll lead off by saying it was a mercy killing, and despite the intense pain of internal bleeding, I welcomed the sweet release. Also, in future sequels with this pre-set, Goth Chick lives on.

Orange abuse? Hell no! They've gone too far this time... It's time for every right-thinking lagooner to stand up and be counted...

What am I saying? This is the lagoon, right? Who's going to get out of their nice comfy computer chair for anything less than a nuke under them?

Oh well, I guess the oranges are just going to have to take care of themselves...

Oooh! Juicy that??? :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby lucky loser » Wed, 13Jul10 16:45

Felix wrote:
Squeeky wrote:Ah! Arnulf, the gentle Giant! If there is a "hereafter" then I'd be confident that our dear friend is quite knowledgeable.
Then too, and it's very early days, the name Felix has not emerged. Felix? Felix is well-known to older subscribers to Shark's Lagoon for his updates of the original Ariane by way of Walkthroughs.

Arnulf can't be remembered enough, Squeeky. Great guy. May the great shark in heaven take care of his soul.

I'm finally getting to explore SITA and I'm stoked that a lot of familiar names are showing up in this thread. As a lurker, I enjoy knowing that I have access to game creators and programmers. From a layperson, big thanks to all of you!

PS- Enjoying SITA too- what a visually stunning game! Trying to get a handle on the game play and various storylines.

PPS- THANK YOU for making a Mac-specific version- too few game makers do that! It's frustrating when games are Windows only. I can't afford to buy a completely different computer system. xxoo!

:kiss2:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby tankier » Mon, 13Jul15 12:28

Triple X wrote:great graphic and stories
but i am completely disappointed about lack of sex scenes in the game....i hope there were handjobs,blowjobs,Cum and something like these stuffs not just bouncing of tits while having sex!
that makes me skip sex scenes like it was nothing!
also i have never seen my POV dick or hands in the game!
SITA includes great graphic, but Date with ariane b was more fun
I really appreciate people who worked on this game for more than 2 years I think but i expected more

I am totally agree with you. These are one of the best stories, great bodies and graphic, I can spend a lot of time playing with it, but disappointed a little bit about the sexy scenes. Should be much more of them, and more to show.. but greetings to the dev team :)
tankier
sirens hunter

sex: Female

Postby t_jobe » Thu, 13Jul25 08:39

kirsarge wrote:
I'm having a technical problem with the game. I'm running the Mac version, and the game played for me fine a few times, but then at one point it froze in the fullscreen mode, and I had to shut off my computer to get out of the frozen screen.

If this is still a problem these many weeks later, go to your Library folder (not the system Library folder, but the one assigned to your username) and find the SITA folder. Trash it. Problem solved. Ok, all your settings and previous Saves are gone, but you can play the game.

One more thing: Never, Ever Quit SITA While In Full Screen.
t_jobe
great white shark

Postby ArianeB » Thu, 13Aug08 22:34

Just to keep up with what is going on, I'm working on an official 1.0 version. Some major changes:

1. Reduced the endings from 40 to 25, eliminating the bad endings, and combining endings that are too close to each other.
2. Implementing a player notebook that will have facts about the characters as you discover them. For those trying for "completeness", this is the new challenge.
3. Unlocking story 4 requires uncovering clues in the first 3 stories. The purpose of this is to highlight the overarching story.
4. Adding a new Ariane story, which is the bulk of my work load left to do. There are two ways to get to the "Celebrity Sightings" ending, which lets face it is the worst of the Ariane endings, so I am hijacking one of those ways and squeezing in a new ending telling the originally abandoned story of what happens at the rock concert when the lights go out.
5. Dropping the "Do You Know Any Gymnasts?" scene. I tried very hard to complete that story as a bonus ending, but it got too long, too complicated, and rife with too many plot holes, and it felt completely wrong for this game. So I am creating new bonus ending content, that contradicts the "Do You Know..." scene, and therefore the scene has to go. It generated some interesting discussion, but I doubt many will miss it much.

Hoping to release in September. Many other projects line up behind it.
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby fleet » Thu, 13Aug08 23:27

Your work is an inspiration. I wish you success.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby humbert » Fri, 13Aug09 06:16

ArianeB wrote:Just to keep up with what is going on, I'm working on an official 1.0 version. Some major changes:

Sounds great- just a note of appreciation for all your effort. Amazing work and lots of fun. You should be getting rich from it.
humbert
sirens hunter

Postby rabbie » Fri, 13Aug09 15:30

ArianeB wrote:1. Reduced the endings from 40 to 25, eliminating the bad endings

This kind of seems like a strange thing to do...
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby Brigma » Sat, 13Aug10 11:37

rabbie wrote:

Idk if I was @ like 39/40 endings and I spent a few hours looking for it only to find out it was just eating some icecream with my date's friend who I am unable to have a threeway with, I'd be frustrated. I don't particularly like the idea of reducing content either but I can see where you're going with this, as long as there is something added to make up for it.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Sat, 13Aug10 22:54

Brigma wrote:
rabbie wrote:

Idk if I was @ like 39/40 endings and I spent a few hours looking for it only to find out it was just eating some icecream with my date's friend who I am unable to have a threeway with, I'd be frustrated. I don't particularly like the idea of reducing content either but I can see where you're going with this, as long as there is something added to make up for it.

My take on his comment was that he isn't actually removing content (well, other than the final ending that he said he was redoing completely). He simply removed some of the 'card collectables' from the endings list. In the initial release the endings were more like achievements anyway (you might very well have been able to unlock more than one on the same play-through. They were basically just 'something you haven't seen before'). So the endings section will now truly be endings, and the notebook will be the new achievements.

All in all, sounds pretty good.
redle
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games