Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby tjdon » Thu, 13May09 13:06

Is there any fucking on this game??? i couldn't find anything after reaching 15 endings, the best i got was just a glimpse with that bartender chick, nothing else
and so many endings, would prefer less endings and longer storylines, some just 2 or 3 options and we reach the end after 2 minutes
tjdon
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 13:23

Well ...

I have had the ending to have sex with bartender , nerdy girl , and Ariane

Though I must admit , there are a lot of endings and without the idea of more detailed achievements , it makes knowing which branching path that has been explored much harder.

Are the prequel settings with the asterisk * implying that they are crucial to getting different endings ?
ihutch
great white shark

Postby BLFC2012 » Thu, 13May09 13:30

tjdon wrote:Is there any fucking on this game??? i couldn't find anything after reaching 15 endings, the best i got was just a glimpse with that bartender chick, nothing else
and so many endings, would prefer less endings and longer storylines, some just 2 or 3 options and we reach the end after 2 minutes

There is, you just need to find them, i have found a few "fucking" scenes so far...

Great game so far, really should be keeping track of the endings i have got so far though lol, but great re-playability to the game so far... one gripe is the same as a few others, that is finding the dragons as i too ended up just resorting to random clicking and hoping.

But brilliant so far and i would say the beta is looking great, didn't expect anything less.
BLFC2012
Pilot fish

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 13:39

I have to say story 4 was the most fun .... in some ways ...

Dragons followed by logic (the Planning strategy ...)
ihutch
great white shark

Postby J_I » Thu, 13May09 13:47

I'm loving the game artistically, but I'll be honest - something about the gameplay just isn't doing it for me.

I think it just feels like the stories are not very interactive, so I'm sort of along for the ride and occasionally have the option to make a mistake. Otherwise, things sort of go as they're going to go, and it doesn't seem like I can do much to reach a 'good' ending as opposed to just an ending. I've found myself replaying scenarios because they felt incomplete, but no matter how much I back out and try different options, I get the same, abrupt ending.

I know the original Ariane was not necessarily all about sex, and I can respect that that trend is continued here, but things just feel very truncated. For example:

The goth girl getting struck by lightning is an extreme example, but it sort of illustrates how abrupt and unsatisfying things can be. I guess it's supposed to be a she-got-what-she-deserved sort of ending, but it honestly sort of felt like a waste of my time to work and play at it to get things right and then get such an absurdly random ending. And sometimes I've only picked a handful of options and am many, many pages deep and get a game over screen. Maybe it would be different if I picked other prequel choices, but there's no real indication either way.

Another thing that may just be personal taste is that none of the girls feel particularly natural to me. What I mean is:

It felt very contrived to randomly meet a super model, super genius, super famous MMO player who was sitting next to a super famous adult star while studying her text book for another super famous, super genius MMO players' class. Then we've got the borderline sociopathic behavior of the bartender and the goth girl. Is everyone in this town famous or an asshole or a famous asshole?

I don't mean to rag on it. This is an awesome game, artistically, and a lot of good work has gone into it. And I always appreciate that people are creating new content and sharing it with us. But the truth is that I haven't found the game very enjoyable, personally. There's a lot of quality there but not so much fun, if that makes sense?

Again, sorry to be a downer, but I can only be honest.
J_I
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 13:59

For me the characters are natural enough ... you could say maybe a little overboard ....

So the nerdy girl AKA supermodel / MMO player, maybe could seem a little more shy during bar (extend the bar scene - more to a table / booth in the corner ) and she opens up more from the dinner ... You can ask her if she likes being a supermodel , it could be that she might dislike it but it pays the bills so it could be possible that somehow you could get her little drunk have the potential for bad publicity ? Though this probably would lead to a bad ending.

Currently I am unable to get endings for Wendy (Gym and flatmate of Bonnie the bartender) or the Blond (Stacy) at the bar.

I have seen Wendy in the endings for Bonnie if that counts ?
ihutch
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 15:06

OMG !!!!! .....

Best ending in the game so far ... the LARping .....

I think i need to be a fan boy and give this 11 out 10 score the game ;) .... - (the complete package)

Ok the gallery says i have 22 out of 40 endings .... found .... mmm
ihutch
great white shark

Postby rabbie » Thu, 13May09 16:13

Is the ending involving stacy the alone with a magazine ending?
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 16:26

rabbie wrote:Is the ending involving stacy the alone with a magazine ending?

possibly as it is covered in the gallery

otherwise known by the name centrefold (US), centerfold (UK) ... spelling :)

[EDIT]
yay ... just got to talk to wendy ....

not sure if its a prequel option setting or that I had to get a specific ending ?
ihutch
great white shark

Postby capsfan333 » Thu, 13May09 16:35

Very entertaining. Had a great deal of fun getting half of the endings. Looking forward to finding the rest. Thanks for a great game.
capsfan333
sirens hunter

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 17:18

Ok I have got 31 out of 40 now ;)

[EDIT - update ]

Going by the gallery

Araine - 1 ending - Done

Rachel - Endings Done Night Club , 1 Convention and 1 Amusement park

Paula - 2 Endings - Done

P.S. Rachel is a lot of fun to find endings for ;) ....
Last edited by ihutch on Thu, 13May09 18:57, edited 6 times in total.
ihutch
great white shark

Postby fatquack » Thu, 13May09 18:37

I can't get it to run in Wine, so it looks like I will have to wait for the native Linux version. Tried running it with the Linux version of Renpy, but that did not work either. The Renpy documentation for Linux is not very good onfortunately.
fatquack
great white shark

Postby Jiimbojones » Thu, 13May09 18:40

Very nice.

Might be a bug, I think of it as a feature as a color blind hater of hidden object stuff, but i just hit enter to get through the "find the raptors" game.

It's been lots of fun, and I like how all the stories are happening in the same universe and at the same time.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 18:43

fatquack wrote:I can't get it to run in Wine, so it looks like I will have to wait for the native Linux version. Tried running it with the Linux version of Renpy, but that did not work either. The Renpy documentation for Linux is not very good onfortunately.

I though ren'py was multi-platform and the support was good , though I cant say i have used the linux version before.

Since I do not have a ren'py game for linux I cannot compare certain files , such as The phyton file that exists in the DIR with the .EXE. Chances are there are no handles for the code to execute properly though android / linux support may happen.
ihutch
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Thu, 13May09 19:02

Ok updated an earlier post

Only 2 endings missing , both Rachel , 1 convention and 1 amusement .... its really annoying

I have the following endings
AP Endings

The Amusement Park
The Loco Cola Girl
The Ten of Clubs
Gamer Girl
House Party with Rachel

C Endings

The costume contest
Arch Angel
LARPing with Arch Angel
Interrigation Techniques