Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13May12 01:56

Oh, wow, I totally missed the Bonnie path. When I did that, it unlocked the 4th game. Thanks folks!

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby redle » Sun, 13May12 02:16

Random commentaries and replies...

As Ariane stated, some of the endings are only reachable by changing the previous date setting. I believe the * on those dates indicate that those without it leave the base endings available, while those with open up the other set of endings.

As for the storm not happening when dating rachel, well, she is the one that notices the night is right to fire up the equipment. So if she isn't in the office, there wouldn't be one.

Imagine only Ariane could tell you what is needed to unlock Part 4. Myself, and I imagine others, played at least 1 of the first 3 parts more than once before unlocking it. So at best any one of us could only identify the last thing we did before it appeared.

On the grammatical side of things,
in the Bonnie introduction, maybe that's what makes me such a good bartender. My name's bonnie by the way. (so the 2 apostrophe areas, in case the bolding isn't apparent)

Then, of course, back to the continued discussion about endings... In my opinion the term 'endings' is a misnomer. 1. I'm pretty sure that more than 1 can be earned within the same game. 2. Getting an ending does not mean that traveling that same path in a future game won't yield something different. 3. One's current play-through doesn't necessarily terminate upon achieving one. 4. Achieving all possible endings may or may not mean you've seen everything (I have certainly seen new final scenarios that did not give me a new Card).

I know Ariane mentioned possibly introducing many more achievements. Either way, I would suggest changing 'endings' to achievements. If a change is being made, my suggestion would be, clicking the gallery yields a further choice for each of the 4 parts. Then, after selecting the Part, one scrolls through as currently for endings, with the exception that all are present from the beginning, but no pictures for those yet unachieved. The names give clues, without being at all specific.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Hoboy » Sun, 13May12 07:00

Still working on the last 8 - 2 with Ariane, 1 with Wendy and the rest with Rachel. Must be missing something with the AP and the convention as I still have a couple/few at each. Worked like heck to get the last Paula ending (the post-ending) because (sorry, ArinaB) the Dino search was jut an utter pain. I am on a a smaller screen, but I don't know if a larger one would work any better, as the graphics were so buried it became random clicking n the last couple. BUT this is a joy - I am having a blast, and am really having fun with this. I WILL get all 40...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby t1nm@n » Sun, 13May12 07:47

Question to the creator - the RachelSex and RachelSun scenarios were cut from the game or are they some sort of bonus that we're not supposed to mention?
t1nm@n
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby ihutch » Sun, 13May12 07:50

A tip to alll

For story 4 ... with Paula ... Complete he Dino stage ( the 7 green things ) then Save .....

Then for find all of Paula's endings , just load that save .... so you never do the Dino bit again :)

My question though is if you are a ranger and you said you can sense another 7 Dino's how come your tracking skills are so poor that you cant see them ?
Do you have something like Eagles Vision & Hearing Ranger abilities ( easy mode ? ) .... I have played some RPG / MMO's
ihutch
great white shark

Postby ArianeB » Sun, 13May12 09:15

t1nm@n wrote:Question to the creator - the RachelSex and RachelSun scenarios were cut from the game or are they some sort of bonus that we're not supposed to mention?

No, they are one of the 40 endings.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby blaman » Sun, 13May12 10:04

@ArianeB:

Wow, I feel like a total ass to miss the whole story-arc ;)

Thinking back about it - there's a few reasons why it happened, among them:
1) I never finished all endings with Ariane before starting Rachel, didn't finish Rachel before starting dates 3 & 4. At some point it all just got pretty blurry and mixed up together
No idea how to better approach it without imposing too strict rules on the player
2) I finished SITA ending before Rachel even mentioned her name in the RPG game. Didn't really go back to date 4 after that
3) In the date 4 I focused much more on Paula instead of Rachel. It felt a bit like Rachel is there as an easter-egg, not as the main focus
4) Since date 3 felt so short compared to dates 1 and 2 - I pretty much ignored it and skipped right through it, just to get the endings. Once I noticed that Bonnie and Stacy (?) are not really important I completely stopped caring about them
Probably could find a few more reasons ;)

Now - I think it's a great experiment in story-telling but ultimately a failed one. And seeing how it all makes perfect sense in Ariane's post I believe the problem is on our - gamers - side. We approach a dating game with certain expectations and are not looking for something so big behind it. If there is one deeply introduced character (Ariane, Rachel or girls from Tlaero's/Phreaky's games) then we feel it better. But if there's so many of them... it's the prospect of finding all 40 different endings that drives us

Coming to this - and seeing how many people say "found X/40 so far, hints please" - I start to believe it would make more sense to never even mention how many endings are there in the game ;)

Or - and this would be an interesting experiment in itself - instead of just saying "there's 40 endings, find them" the game could introduce a new way of looking at endings - "found a connection between character X and Y" and "found X out of Y connections"

I'm not sure how you could check if the actual connection has been made by the player, but I believe that letting player know what to look for (let's just admit 90%+ of people come to see the sex endings) would work wonders for the game!
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby ArianeB » Sun, 13May12 11:47

blaman wrote:@ArianeB:
Or - and this would be an interesting experiment in itself - instead of just saying "there's 40 endings, find them" the game could introduce a new way of looking at endings - "found a connection between character X and Y" and "found X out of Y connections"

I'm not sure how you could check if the actual connection has been made by the player, but I believe that letting player know what to look for (let's just admit 90%+ of people come to see the sex endings) would work wonders for the game!

That makes a whole lot of sense.

I could do it with a series of locks

Lock 1: The House Party Mystery
Once the player gets the Ariane house party ending and the Rachel house party ending, it changes to:

Unlocked: The House Party Mystery
On your date with Ariane, the house party got rained out, on your date with Rachel it did not.

I know at least 4 other places where odd mismatches occur: the convention, the strip club, the fortune teller's prophecy, and I am working on a new ending with Ariane involving the night club, for another mismatch.

Once all mysteries are unlocked, then story 4 becomes unlocked. I know it is kind of a cheat to spell it out like that, but it seems the best way for people to find it.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby icollado » Sun, 13May12 12:10

I'm stuck. Can someone please help I got 39 out of 40 endings and i cant figure out the last ending for Araine B
I have the following
Ice Cream
Rebecca and Araine
Phone Sex
Blackout fun
Celeberity Sighting
House party with araine
Getting drunk
Fuck buddies
makeup sex
safety pullout

Can someone guid eme on what i need to do for the last one
icollado
Pilot fish

Postby Brigma » Sun, 13May12 12:33

icollado wrote:I'm stuck. Can someone please help I got 39 out of 40 endings and i cant figure out the last ending for Araine B
I have the following
Ice Cream
Rebecca and Araine
Phone Sex
Blackout fun
Celeberity Sighting
House party with araine
Getting drunk
Fuck buddies
makeup sex
safety pullout

Can someone guid eme on what i need to do for the last one

The one you're missing is "In Through the Out Door." You can get it by:
Picking "Did It All!" prequel setting
Picking Action Movie
Saying "Really? Me too"
Saying "What? 'Action Girl' afraid of a little blackout and thunderstorm?"
Then pick the second option when back at her place, first one is for "Blackout Fun"
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby Pennel » Sun, 13May12 13:36

Stuck on 36/40. Any help?

Ice Cream
Ariane and Rebecca
Phone Sex
Blackout Fun
Celebrity Sightings
House Party with Ariane
Getting Drunk at Ariane's Place
In Through The Out Door
Safety Pullout

Centerfold

Rather Be Reading
Dinner with a Geek
Dinner With a Super Model
Coffee Conversations
The Amusement Park
The Loca Cola Girl
A Man About Town
Gamer Girl
House Party With Rachel
The Bus From Rachel's House
The Photoshoot
The Nude Photoshoot
Concert and After Party
The Costume Contest
Arch Angel
LARPing with Arch Angel
Skinny Dipping At Night

Hard Workout
Beach Run
Topless Volleyball

Pool Shark at the Live Cabaret
Bad Sex with Bonnie

A New Paint Job
Game Over

Something's In The Air
Do You Know Any Gymnasts?
Pennel
great white shark

Postby Brigma » Sun, 13May12 13:40

Now my plea for help, also at 39/40. From reading this topic it would appear that I am missing the "Gamer Girl" ending. From Ariane's breakdown of Rachel's endings I can tell it's an offshoot of the amusement park and I'm guessing it involves discussing video games @ dinner, but I can't seem to figure it out.
*edit*
Got Gamer Girl ending, 40/40 thanks guru!

In case I'm wrong about the ending, here's the 39 I have
11/11 with Ariane
Ice Cream
Ariane and Rebbeca
Phone Sex
Blackout Fun
Celebrity Sightings
House Party with Ariane
Getting Drunk at Ariane's Place
Fuck Buddies
In Through the Out Door
Make Up Sex
Safety Pullout

1/1 with Stacy
Center Fold

18/19 with Rachel
Rather be Reading
Dinner with a Geek
Dinner with a Supermodel
Coffee Conversations
The Amusement Park
The Loco Cola Girl
The Ten of Clubs
A Man About Town
Houseparty with Rachel
The Bus from Rachel's House
The Photoshoot
The Nude Photoshoot
Concert and Afterparty
The Costume Contest
Arch Angel
LARPing with Arch Angel
Skinny Dipping at Night
Interrogation Techniques

3/3 with Wendy
Hard Workout
Beach Run
Topless Volleyball

2/2 with Bonnie
Poolshark at the Live Cabaret
Bad Sex With Bonnie

1/1 with Veronica
A New Paint Job

3/3 with Paula
Game Over
Something's in The Air
Do you know any Gymnasts?

Feel free to PM me with any help you need regarding the endings I have already got, I'll help in any way I can. Well at least until Exlibris makes another of his spectacular walkthroughs.

Also, a more exotic photoshoot with Rachel has been mentioned in this thread. Am I missing something or is it just the
Naked Photoshoot

I must admit having 0 nudity or sex with Paula was a very big disappointment. Having followed the development process over at Ariane's blog I was really looking forward to her the most (well after Ariane obviously).

Since the topic of plot points that nobody else saw was already discussed in this thread, figured I'd toss in a few observations I made.
In the "Interrogation Techniques" ending, Rachel admits her supermodel persona is gay. That would explain why you can't have sex with her after the concert and is prob the thing about herself that she didn't want to share. However what isn't explained is why the change in sexuality for something as trivial as a work facade. At first I was figuring Dissociative Identity Disorder (commonly called Split Personalities), since it would explain her serious larping (as evidenced by people saying it isn't the first time she's done this, if you tell her Mr. Torch is anywhere) and the vampire stripper that may or may not be her that you see @ the strip club with Bonnie (again during "Interrogation Techniques" she mentions Raveney the vampire). However seeing as how the Nerdy Rachel is aware of these other personas without any apparent memory impairment it is unlikely to be the case. Maybe she's just nuts, which seems likely since the crazies are always good in the sack and she's a hellcat!

Rachel also mentions two other personas that will have sex with you, one being Princess Valena (who could simply be her MMORPG character but since sex is mentioned I'm hoping she has a cosplay outfit for a future date) and Rachel Sly the Pirate Rogue who doesn't make an appearance at all (again fingers crossed for cosplay action on a future date)
*edit*
Having now got the gamer girl ending I take back my comment about Princess Valena, Shame Rachel didn't have a costume for her though. Anyone else notice the similarities between Valena's outfit and Lyra's outfit from Goblinboy's Tesliss Equation?

Speaking of crazies, anyone else notice there are multiple endings after having sex with Bonnie? Making the same choices with the same prequels can yield at least 8 diff endings, love the ones with Wendy.

@Ariane
Thank you so much for making another absolutely stellar game. Like many people I was disappointed at the lack of graphic sex (as compared to LOP games and Tlaero/Phreaky's magnificent work) but I completely understand based on your explanation of trying to strike a balance for your audience and I support (though polity dissagree with) your decision. Also, for a first beta I have to say how impressive it is that the game is relatively bug free.
One gripe though if I may, I understand through dialog with the character Ariane that she is not a lesbian but after two games of cockteasing with Rebecca, at least throw us a bone of some kind. Plus Ariane is flat out lying about her and Rebecca not doing it. During Stacy's ending the two can be seen making out on the other side of the restaurant window and in the dating simulator if you refuse to play marco polo it is heavily implied that the two naked women are going to have sex. If you want to keep your character straight, maybe you can take a page out of Tlaero and Phreaky's playbook and make a Daydreaming with Ariane game. Given Tlaero's rather vocal support of you and your work I'm sure he would be honored by the homage. Your fans are clamoring for it! Please don't let us down!
Last edited by Brigma on Sun, 13May12 14:51, edited 10 times in total.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby Brigma » Sun, 13May12 13:52

Pennel wrote:Stuck on 36/40. Any help?

By my count you are missing
Fuck Buddies
Make up sex
Ten of clubs
Interrogation Techniques

Fuck Buddies is easy. First pick a prequel in which you had sex, then after dinner ask her why it was so important then say you want a relationship
Make Up Sex and Ten of Clubs were aleady answered in this thread, I wont plagiarize the work of others. Just use the "Search this Topic" function at the top of the page
Interrogation Techniques is also fairly easy. Check out the comics at the convention, then agree to larp with her and refuse to tell her about Mr. Torch
Last edited by Brigma on Sun, 13May12 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby murdock00 » Sun, 13May12 14:03

Anyone help with the Rachel skinny dip ending? I dont even know where to start on that one.
murdock00
Pilot fish

Postby blaman » Sun, 13May12 14:08

ArianeB wrote:
blaman wrote:@ArianeB:

That makes a whole lot of sense.

I could do it with a series of locks

Lock 1: The House Party Mystery
Once the player gets the Ariane house party ending and the Rachel house party ending, it changes to:

Unlocked: The House Party Mystery
On your date with Ariane, the house party got rained out, on your date with Rachel it did not.

I know at least 4 other places where odd mismatches occur: the convention, the strip club, the fortune teller's prophecy, and I am working on a new ending with Ariane involving the night club, for another mismatch.

Once all mysteries are unlocked, then story 4 becomes unlocked. I know it is kind of a cheat to spell it out like that, but it seems the best way for people to find it.

Glad I could be of help

More suggestions ;)
Found Rachel's other personalities - with pictures even
Found Rachel's favorite game
Etc
blaman
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games