Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby redle » Sat, 13May18 01:24

ExLibris wrote:There are three stories in which the storm happens.
In all three of those stories, lightning strikes the hydroelectric dam and causes a blackout.
In two of those stories, we're either told about ("Some girl got struck by lightning and they are blaming us for her death") or witness first-hand someone (Veronica) being struck by lightning and killed. We don't know if anyone was killed in the other story, but it seems more likely than not.
In only one of those stories was the PC directly involved in the experiment. In the other two stories the experiment occurs without him, with similar results.

Since the lightning happens with or without the PC, my conclusion is that the fault really lies with whoever decided on the settings, along with whoever decided to perform the experiment in a populated area and whoever decided than an undergraduate, someone she'd just met, and the guy who runs the computer centre were the right people to assist with the experiment. That's not to say that the PC wouldn't make a convenient scapegoat, but he's got less reason to feel guilty than others.

I agree with you. The various threads indicate the lighting is a function of the conditions of the night, combined with the planned settings for the machine. The PC is just the one adjusting the controls, new in town, and has no powerful backing to fight for him. As they say, credit rises to the top, blame sinks to the bottom.

That being said, if someone were to tell me, "Hey, go fiddle with that uber-powerful machine over there and see if you can get it to do X." Then the next day I find out that someone died based on what that machine did, I'm feeling pretty darn guilty. Actually I think I would feel much less guilty the more I knew about the machine and the more I was sure that I didn't do anything wrong with it during the process. (wrong, as in push the ionization way beyond the green before settling it back within the green... not as in, questionably ethical) Can I claim self-defense if she was about to kill me in a different timeline and I hit her with a bolt of lightning under fear of death?
redle
star of the reef

Postby phantomshark » Sat, 13May18 04:46

Been messing around with this game, and I love it. The only problem is, I really don't want to play through with every possible prequel setting to find the endings that require it, can someone tell me the prequel settings needed for the endings that require them? (I don't need to know which endings require which prequels, just a general list of the prequel settings).

Also, does anything ever happen in the yoga class? No matter what choices I make up until that point, when I try to talk to the girl after her friend shows up first.
phantomshark
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 13May18 06:06

phantomshark wrote:Been messing around with this game, and I love it. The only problem is, I really don't want to play through with every possible prequel setting to find the endings that require it, can someone tell me the prequel settings needed for the endings that require them? (I don't need to know which endings require which prequels, just a general list of the prequel settings).

Also, does anything ever happen in the yoga class? No matter what choices I make up until that point, when I try to talk to the girl after her friend shows up first.

"Did It All!!" is sufficient for 9 of the 11 Ariane endings (and required for one other ending). A date ending in sex is required for the other two Ariane endings.
And nothing happens in the yoga class. Something can happen before the class, but that's not based on your decisions (in the current game at least).
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Josefus » Sat, 13May18 11:13

I think any gamers have a little problem. You must play this game again and again. Then you find every end.

I think too. This game set a new standard in this game world. For me too. That is very good. Ok. Not every one has your models and renderengines.
Every one can make games without this standard. Every one can tell a story, can make pictures and can build a game!

That is a special fun! I love to make games. I am not the big gamer. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

Thank you Ariane. I collected all versions from your datingsimulator. And any other games from you (Poker-games). I found this games in web. Your games are lonly pick.

excuse my bad english...

respectfull Josefus
Josefus
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby phantomshark » Sat, 13May18 13:56

ExLibris wrote:
phantomshark wrote:Been messing around with this game, and I love it. The only problem is, I really don't want to play through with every possible prequel setting to find the endings that require it, can someone tell me the prequel settings needed for the endings that require them? (I don't need to know which endings require which prequels, just a general list of the prequel settings).

"Did It All!!" is sufficient for 9 of the 11 Ariane endings (and required for one other ending). A date ending in sex is required for the other two Ariane endings.
And nothing happens in the yoga class. Something can happen before the class, but that's not based on your decisions (in the current game at least).

So what triggers the event in the gym? I've probably played story 2 50 times now and never had anything happen in the gym. If I try to talk to anyone but Ariane I get stopped by Dave, if I talk to Ariane she turns me down, and then I have the choice of yoga or treadmill, neither of which leads to anything.
phantomshark
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 13May18 14:13

phantomshark wrote:
ExLibris wrote:

So what triggers the event in the gym? I've probably played story 2 50 times now and never had anything happen in the gym. If I try to talk to anyone but Ariane I get stopped by Dave, if I talk to Ariane she turns me down, and then I have the choice of yoga or treadmill, neither of which leads to anything.

It's linked to how many endings you've found.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Sun, 13May19 12:35

redle wrote:
ExLibris wrote:There are three stories in which the storm happens.
In all three of those stories, lightning strikes the hydroelectric dam and causes a blackout.
In two of those stories, we're either told about ("Some girl got struck by lightning and they are blaming us for her death") or witness first-hand someone (Veronica) being struck by lightning and killed. We don't know if anyone was killed in the other story, but it seems more likely than not.
In only one of those stories was the PC directly involved in the experiment. In the other two stories the experiment occurs without him, with similar results.

Since the lightning happens with or without the PC, my conclusion is that the fault really lies with whoever decided on the settings, along with whoever decided to perform the experiment in a populated area and whoever decided than an undergraduate, someone she'd just met, and the guy who runs the computer centre were the right people to assist with the experiment. That's not to say that the PC wouldn't make a convenient scapegoat, but he's got less reason to feel guilty than others.

I agree with you. The various threads indicate the lighting is a function of the conditions of the night, combined with the planned settings for the machine. The PC is just the one adjusting the controls, new in town, and has no powerful backing to fight for him. As they say, credit rises to the top, blame sinks to the bottom.

That being said, if someone were to tell me, "Hey, go fiddle with that uber-powerful machine over there and see if you can get it to do X." Then the next day I find out that someone died based on what that machine did, I'm feeling pretty darn guilty. Actually I think I would feel much less guilty the more I knew about the machine and the more I was sure that I didn't do anything wrong with it during the process. (wrong, as in push the ionization way beyond the green before settling it back within the green... not as in, questionably ethical) Can I claim self-defense if she was about to kill me in a different timeline and I hit her with a bolt of lightning under fear of death?

I don't get it - So few people bother to write any background story that goes further than "Hello, my name is X, let's fuck" or they'll take us through long periods of clicking through a series of disconnected galleries until we reach a sex scene as if by magic... We've also seen countless common sense or continuity errors in what are pretty basic games that pass with barely a murmour - yet as soon as someone attempts to create a game involving a complex arrangement of scenarios you're picking holes in the morality. Maybe you'd prefer "The A-Team" solution which got around your moral issue by making sure that, no matter how much mayhem, nobody ever got killed.

If you really want to nit-pick you may as well ask why it is that so many gorgeous and successful girls are dropping their knickers for the PC within a couple of hours of meeting him - like that happens a lot in real life.

If pedantic realism is your thing then I guess you won't object to playing half a dozen games before the PC even got his first date. She'd be an average-looking girl with a dead end job and no prospects. Even if she was willing to have sex they'd both be living with their parents so opportunities would be limited - You'd probably get to have a bit of a fumble under he clothes by around Game 8 and some quickie sex in Game 10 or 11... By game 18 or 19 it'll be a shotgun wedding followed by a whole string of games involving sleepless nights, dirty nappies and trying to keep up with the mortgage payments... I wish you luck with that, but I have a feeling the rest of us will somehow manage to suspend our imaginations a little and stick with SITA.

Dismayed at how quickly a walkthrough has been posted, by the way.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Felix » Sun, 13May19 14:27

Wow, this game certainly has set a new standard, not only in adult game playing but in philosophical and ethical matters as well. let's hope it will not create a cult of followers...

What I really want to say... don't get excited over the wrong things, folks... it's a game. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Sun, 13May19 21:29

kessie8yl wrote:I don't get it - So few people bother to write any background story that goes further than "Hello, my name is X, let's fuck" or they'll take us through long periods of clicking through a series of disconnected galleries until we reach a sex scene as if by magic... We've also seen countless common sense or continuity errors in what are pretty basic games that pass with barely a murmour - yet as soon as someone attempts to create a game involving a complex arrangement of scenarios you're picking holes in the morality.

I think you misunderstand me (quite possibly my fault for being unclear). I'll try to be less vague here...
1. I had a lot of fun with the game. In no way am I saying it is a bad game.
2. It is because of its quality that it spawns a discussion at all. The other games you allude to aren't worth wasting a single breath. They don't illicit discussion, not because they are perfect, but because they are so far beyond help there is no point.
3. A game can incorporate any type of morality it wants. FPS games are some of the most popular games in existence. Most people would agree that shooting people in the head is a morally bad way to go. That doesn't mean the game is inherently bad, nor the people that play them. Nor is someone stating that shooting people in the head is bad necessarily denouncing an FPS.
4. Various people have stated that they didn't like Paula's lack of compassion/guilt upon hearing that she may have inadvertently been responsible for a death. All I did was say that, as the PC, I feel more guilt than I expect Paula to feel (granted, guilt was lessened by having played the other timelines and knowing who was on the receiving end). Claiming an emotional response to a game is the highest praise one can give a game designer. Whether that emotion is sadness, joy, lust, excitement, guilt... it doesn't matter.
5. Things don't always go the way we want, be it life, a book, or a game. If we knew it all before we started, what would be the point (there is a reason Pandora kept Foresight locked in her box)? After all, it's all about the journey, not the ending. The ending is just the current place where we left our bookmark, and one small point along our continued trail.

A story was told. The players became invested in that story. The players react as that story unfolds. Personally, the last thing I want is to go read on a site where there is nothing but a bunch of fanboys. I like the fact that here there are often a spread of viewpoints. Do I wish that I could have kept my hands clean of blood? Perhaps (I seem to recall I killed off a few elementals, skeletons, and raptors along the way too). But life isn't always so neat and tidy.

Talk about how you wish you could continue to date, marry, and live happily-ever-after with one of the characters. Or how one of them isn't your type because you saw a little too much darkness when they let their guard down. Or how that bad-girl personality is exactly your type. When the discussion turns away from: I didn't like the second song in the soundtrack, the lighting made the character seem a bit pasty, or clicking the mouse instead of using arrow keys wasn't as nice; and instead has everyone discussing how much they liked or disliked certain characters based on their actual personalities? Now you have a game that's worth something.
redle
star of the reef

Postby kirsarge » Tue, 13May21 06:43

I'm having a technical problem with the game. I'm running the Mac version, and the game played for me fine a few times, but then at one point it froze in the fullscreen mode, and I had to shut off my computer to get out of the frozen screen. I deleted and re-installed, now when I try to run the game, all I get is a full black screen, and I can't get out of it without hitting option-command-escape.

Anyone have any idea how to fix?
kirsarge
Pilot fish

Postby psycho72 » Tue, 13May21 06:49

I have managed 36 out of the forty
stuck with 2 sex endings of Ariana
any help possible on these two :crazy:
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby Micky20 » Tue, 13May21 15:49

in my view if there is to be any upgrades in the game a story with stacy has to be a Must there could be so many variations to a ending with the character
Micky20
sirens hunter

Postby redle » Tue, 13May21 22:44

@kirsarge
That sounds like it is likely an issue between your Mac and the Ren'Py engine rather than SITA itself. Maybe someone knows specifics, but I'd suggest you do a google search on your specific Mac and Ren'Py for known bugs.

@psycho72
If you can narrow down which endings you can't find, it's easier for others to help. Compare your list of reached endings with the list of possible ones listed in this thread. A number of people can supply you with hints if you can name the exact ending.
redle
star of the reef

Postby wagner » Wed, 13May22 04:05

kirsarge wrote:I'm having a technical problem with the game. I'm running the Mac version, and the game played for me fine a few times, but then at one point it froze in the fullscreen mode, and I had to shut off my computer to get out of the frozen screen.

Yikes. OSX is ultimately just a form of UNIX. Is there no way to drop to a terminal and kill the process from the command line? You could always SSH in from another machine to do so.
wagner
great white shark

Postby NapoleonSolo » Thu, 13May23 00:01

kirsarge wrote:I'm having a technical problem with the game. I'm running the Mac version, and the game played for me fine a few times, but then at one point it froze in the fullscreen mode, and I had to shut off my computer to get out of the frozen screen. I deleted and re-installed, now when I try to run the game, all I get is a full black screen, and I can't get out of it without hitting option-command-escape.

Anyone have any idea how to fix?

Which version of OSX are you running and on what machine? I'm running 10.7.5 on an early 2011 MacBook Pro with absolutely no problems. I did a search on Google and it appears there have been issues with Ren'py and full screen mode on some Macs. It could be worth looking at some of the solutions and see if they help you.

Hope this helps more than it hinders.
NapoleonSolo
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games