The Miami Voyeur

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

The Miami Voyeur

Postby MisterU » Sun, 13Mar10 02:13

just stumbled upon this one, the game graphics look awesome, best i've ever seen in this kind of games, if the story is as good as the graphics are it'll be a hit i guess,
crowdfunding addict as i am, i had no problems in supporting with a few bucks the game crowdfunding campaign [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
what you guys think about the game, looks promising?
MisterU
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: The Miami Voyeur

Postby M » Sun, 13Mar10 02:58

Do you have a link?
M
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Mar10 03:08

http://www.tmvoyeur.com/

Looks like he's using DAZ characters, but upping the rendering. It feels like he could back off the realism a bit and save a ton on the processing. I'm impressed that he's rendering the entire scenes though.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby bobytt » Sun, 13Mar10 04:34

First to send money :)
bobytt
lagoon predator

Postby Tskxe » Sun, 13Mar10 12:46

...i spent some money..too...;-)
Tskxe
great white shark

Postby TheBrain » Sun, 13Mar10 17:07

tlaero wrote:http://www.tmvoyeur.com/

Looks like he's using DAZ characters, but upping the rendering. It feels like he could back off the realism a bit and save a ton on the processing. I'm impressed that he's rendering the entire scenes though.

Tlaero

Yea, looks like DAZ with the Reality plugin (an interface to LuxRender). In principle I think it's a good idea, after all the "expensive" work is the artist, rendering is just a relatively constant cost (and with a bit of planning it could be done parallel to the development of the game). I've seen plenty of decent scenes made in DAZ, which were then completely ruined by bad rendering (bad lighting, colours, shaders, etc.). Using something like LuxRender can solve that. Of course when you see the actual cost (i.e. computation time) it may seem expensive.

Still, for a crowdfunding request I think it focuses too much on the graphics. We get little information on the actual type of gameplay, the scope, etc. Also, since it looks like it's the first time he is making such a game, it's hard to tell anything about his skills in writing and gameplay design. As many of us here on the forum know these skills are far from trivial and are vital to the success of a game. Otherwise it's just a slideshow of pretty pictures.

I feel like a small demo rendered in standard DAZ would have been much more useful for a potential backer. Then the comparison to pictures rendered with LuxRender is easily made (something like "The demo now looks like this, but it could look like THIS if you back my project"). But I guess we'll see whether this game comes off the ground.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby MisterU » Sun, 13Mar10 17:51

I fell in love with the Megan character [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] it resembles a former co worker i had a few years ago, in which i had a crush [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
anyway, first time look speaking, i've seen "worst" projects at kickstarter get thousands of bucks for just showing some draws on a paper and i just wonder why... probably because of the massive traffic the site has and the marketing the creators make, i really like this game premise and i hope they succeed, let's see how it goes...

TheBrain wrote:Still, for a crowdfunding request I think it focuses too much on the graphics. We get little information on the actual type of gameplay, the scope, etc. Also, since it looks like it's the first time he is making such a game, it's hard to tell anything about his skills in writing and gameplay design. As many of us here on the forum know these skills are far from trivial and are vital to the success of a game. Otherwise it's just a slideshow of pretty pictures.

I feel like a small demo rendered in standard DAZ would have been much more useful for a potential backer. Then the comparison to pictures rendered with LuxRender is easily made (something like "The demo now looks like this, but it could look like THIS if you back my project"). But I guess we'll see whether this game comes off the ground.

My initial reaction was not far from yours, just awesome pics but after i saw the little gameplay footage video with some ingame stuff , even being very small it showed a good looking interface, and the realtime zooms to the girls were a nice touch, things we don't usually see in other dating games based on html, of course about the story there's still little available , like i said previously, if the story/game design is as good as the graphics are it'll be a hit, otherwise will end like the seduce me game.. time will tell
MisterU
great white shark

Postby Stinky » Sun, 13Mar10 19:02

Some of the character's heads look way too small for the bodies.
Stinky
sirens hunter

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 13Mar10 19:45

I just noticed that Episode1 will be free, at least it gives us a chance to try the game before paying for Episode 2 and 3 [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Last edited by Rikwar on Mon, 13Mar11 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby game player » Sun, 13Mar10 20:28

Tlaero

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use to create the background and characters in your games? I have been wondering about Daz but concerned if you can make a standard Daz character look different enough to serve as many different characters. I guess my question is how much can you change on the standard Daz character? Different hair color and eyes certainly don't make for a different person. As you can tell, I know next to nothing about Daz. Thanks for any input or suggestions on the options to use in making background and characters for my game.
game player
great white shark

Postby game player » Sun, 13Mar10 20:32

TheBrain wrote:
Still, for a crowdfunding request I think it focuses too much on the graphics. We get little information on the actual type of gameplay, the scope, etc. Also, since it looks like it's the first time he is making such a game, it's hard to tell anything about his skills in writing and gameplay design. As many of us here on the forum know these skills are far from trivial and are vital to the success of a game. Otherwise it's just a slideshow of pretty pictures.

I read the writing in the video and it could use a lot of work. I hope he cleans it up before he sends his game out.
game player
great white shark

Postby fleet » Sun, 13Mar10 20:50

game player wrote:

Tlaero

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use to create the background and characters in your games? I have been wondering about Daz but concerned if you can make a standard Daz character look different enough to serve as many different characters. I guess my question is how much can you change on the standard Daz character? Different hair color and eyes certainly don't make for a different person. As you can tell, I know next to nothing about Daz. Thanks for any input or suggestions on the options to use in making background and characters for my game.

I can't answer for the creator of this game, but I use DAZ character to create games. There are free 'morphs' available that change the appearance of DAZ characters. Check sharecg and renderosty sites. Example: http://www.sharecg.com/v/26394/View/11/ ... head-morph

Some of the free morph packages require that you have a character morph package from DAZ (such as http://www.daz3d.com/people/morphs/victoria-4-2-morphs for Victoria 4) to work properly, so be sure to check that..
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Ehlanna » Mon, 13Mar11 02:02

The latest DAZ figure is Genesis. The concept behind this is that it is a unisex figure (no need for separate Michael and Victoria characters) that can with morph adjusting take on whatever characteristics tou wish - within reason! As delivered Genesis has a Basic Female and Basic Male shapes available, and additional shapes can be found as both free and paid-for products. There is a product called GenX which will 'copy over' Gen4 morphs to Genesis. Genesis 'understands', as default, Gen4 UV Maps - which means that any skin tetxure for Michael or Victoria can be used.

Just as with the Gen4 figures what you can do with Genesis depends greatly on shaping/morphing as as well as 'dial-twiddling' and the characters can look very different. The main issue with this are those who do not expend much effort on the process (if any at all) so an awful lot of renders look almost exactly alike.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Eligarf » Mon, 13Mar11 03:59

From the site: "The Miami Voyeur is an adult story game with original, detailed and realistic plot."

Realistic plot? I hope not! Isn't the whole point of these games to have plots that are at least moderately fantasy?

Anyway, I concur with the above assessments of the writing (it is bad) and with the bad proportioning of body sizes. Kate in particular is a circus freak.

That said, I see a tremendous amount of potential here, and sent the guy $20 in hopes that it turns into something worthwhile. You have to start somewhere, after all. And I am perfectly willing to support anybody who is going to give something like this their best effort. I certainly don't have the talent that is required, or the patience, and I appreciate those of you who do.
Eligarf
sirens hunter

Postby MisterU » Mon, 13Mar11 11:59

Eligarf wrote:From the site:
That said, I see a tremendous amount of potential here, and sent the guy $20 in hopes that it turns into something worthwhile. You have to start somewhere, after all. And I am perfectly willing to support anybody who is going to give something like this their best effort. I certainly don't have the talent that is required, or the patience, and I appreciate those of you who do.

exactly my thoughts too, and that's why i like to support indie developers/projects on crowdfunding sites, they must start somewhere, they must eat and pay theirs bills like everyone else, crowdfunding sites are a new tool at their disposal. Unfortunately sometimes i see on some forums a kind of witch hunting after them, people expect them to deliver the best super perfect game, people easily forget that they're just a few guys or a single guy working for many months (or more) for free with little chances of seeing any return for their time, but they're doing it because it's their true passion and that's what drives them, not because they're receiving a big wage at the end of the month on some big studio, this is something i really appreciate (and support).
MisterU
great white shark

Next

Return to Free sexy games