About LoP blog's Poll

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

About LoP blog's Poll

Postby Guntag » Wed, 13Mar06 20:46

I just noticed there is a poll on the LoP blog (http://lopteam.blogspot.fr/). I voted and I just wanted to explain my vote briefly.

I chose Lake Party and the main reason for this vote is because I liked how you "steal" the girlfriend (wife would have been just as good) of one of the other male NPC. An other important reason is because I really prefer to play a male character. Finally the game offered two girls instead of just one in some games. Game mechanics were not really involved in my choice because I think all the games in the poll have simple mechanics (I like finding and using items though !).

If you voted too, let the developpers know why !
Guntag
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: About LoP blog's Poll

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 13Mar07 01:53

Really? Lake Party. I mean the idea of that game was pretty good, though it was rather short and easy to complete. The concept of Lake Party was good though, do not get me wrong, just felt like there was something missing.

I see you can only choose between particular games. Do not know which i would have to vote for. Either Hot wife story or, lake party. The others were okay, but those two do stand out the most out of this poll.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby katakana132 » Thu, 13Mar07 04:02

thanks for the heads up. I voted for Hot Wife Story. That game is VERY enjoyable and replayable, I see they are making a sequel and I hope it is just as entertaining with more of the same.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby EscapeEvade » Thu, 13Mar07 06:11

Lake Party for me. I know others disagree, but I really liked Ashley and I loved a normal, sweet story like hers.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby Brigma » Thu, 13Mar07 10:39

Generally speaking the LoP staff puts out some top notch games, but lake party just really didn't do much for me. I'm all for an artist's right to choose the content of their own work, but if you choose to go against the norm in a given medium you risk turning off some fans. For instance, in an action movie I expect violence, in fantasy novel I expect swords/sorcery, and in AIF I expect that if I get 2 girls naked in a sauna I'm going to have a 3 way. Again, the LoP team has every right to make the game they want and how they want, but breaking genre stereotypes will turn off some fans. I happened to be one of them.

All that being said, I voted for nicole meets roxy because I enjoy games with female protagonists. I realize this can be construed as contradictory to my above statement because the majority of AIF utilizes a male PC, however as far as games with a female PC go I thought it was quite good and gave me everything I was looking for in that type of game.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby cheese101 » Thu, 13Mar07 18:17

see,i really liked the characters and possibilities of lake party, i just found it far too short. also the idea of stealing a girl from a nice guy was unappealing, it works if the guy is a jerk, otherwise it makes you the player an ass, something i dont like to feel when playing these games
i miss games that took effort,i feel the 100 day sim is being too ignored (i realise there are one or two coming out,but always private and as a student i really cannot afford them,)(also that is not me saying i am ungrateful for the shorter games :P ).
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Guntag » Thu, 13Mar07 18:58

cheese101 wrote:i miss games that took effort,i feel the 100 day sim is being too ignored (i realise there are one or two coming out,but always private and as a student i really cannot afford them,)(also that is not me saying i am ungrateful for the shorter games :P ).

Of course I also prefer more complex games, but the point of the poll was to compare games having a similar scope :)
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Salamandastron » Fri, 13Mar08 18:20

also the idea of stealing a girl from a nice guy was unappealing, it works if the guy is a jerk, otherwise it makes you the player an ass, something i dont like to feel when playing these games

If you go for the attempted threesome route, it's revealed that the guy is sort of a jerk. At least the girls claim so, and the details about his breakup with Ashley are not revealed. Only thing is, he's a jerk who's your friend, so it still goes against the 'bro code'.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby Guntag » Fri, 13Mar08 20:27

Salamandastron wrote:
also the idea of stealing a girl from a nice guy was unappealing, it works if the guy is a jerk, otherwise it makes you the player an ass, something i dont like to feel when playing these games

If you go for the attempted threesome route, it's revealed that the guy is sort of a jerk. At least the girls claim so, and the details about his breakup with Ashley are not revealed. Only thing is, he's a jerk who's your friend, so it still goes against the 'bro code'.

Usually, some moral codes are not applied in adult games, or we would only romance one character per game; because cheating or fucking around is morally bad too.
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby katakana132 » Fri, 13Mar08 21:12

to be honest (and i like lake party) the main character seemed like more of a d-bag than his buddy. with that scarf on, the comments he made to his buddy's girl etc. i didnt care because its an adult game and my goal wasnt really to feel anything other than excitement and fun.

i enjoy that thw games are outside what most would encounter day to day, the escape is the appeal. to me at least
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby Salamandastron » Fri, 13Mar08 23:27

katakana132 wrote:to be honest (and i like lake party) the main character seemed like more of a d-bag than his buddy. with that scarf on, the comments he made to his buddy's girl etc. i didnt care because its an adult game and my goal wasnt really to feel anything other than excitement and fun.

True. I was especially amused by the hissy fit he (I) threw when he found out there was no red meat for the BBQ. Not just the sentiment, the way he expressed it ("WTF bro...there's no meat?") was a bit laughable.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby EscapeEvade » Sat, 13Mar09 02:00

In defense of the MC, the fact that his friend doesn't have any meat available is a violation of the man code in and of itself. Never stoop to that level, bro. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 13Mar13 01:07

Guntag wrote:
Salamandastron wrote:

Usually, some moral codes are not applied in adult games, or we would only romance one character per game; because cheating or fucking around is morally bad too.

See, i distinctly see a difference between casual sex and actively cheating on an in game friend. also yeah,the main character was a bit douchy himself in that (however as a lover of red meat i would be offended to go to a bbq and not have any there, you don't make friends with salad...)
cheese101
star of the reef

Return to Free sexy games