Zoe by chaotic

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Zoe by chaotic

Postby iksanabot » Wed, 12Aug22 18:59

P-Slayer wrote:Wonder if this is any good. Had a membership before, but i'm done with chaotic for now.

I'd much rather wait for Tlaero to recover and hook back up with Phreaky to create another great virtual date game again.

Yeah, Tlaero and Phreaky are awesome.

I hate to say it but Zoe isn't that good. I was excited for Leonizer's next game and ended up buying a membership to VDategames for the first time ever, to tide me over. But it didn't. The game mechanics are better now than they have been in the free games I've played, and the graphics are pretty good, but the sex scenes are a let down. Now that I think of it, the writing in Zoe is probably the best I've seen from Chaotic - a common complaint is that his games don't make sense - you can't tell what the right decision is based on logic following from the plot, you just have to guess and find the right paths through trial and error, but Zoe suffers less from this problem than his other games. Still, with those positives, Zoe gets boring fast because there isn't really any exciting sex. Yeah, you can have a threesome, but as with all Chaotics games, the sex scene is just three possible short animations that you can alternate between, a decision to orgasm which shows you either a very lame cumshot image, (or another short animation with her mouth on your cock and you are apparently cumming), and then the "clean her up" continuation. I feel like his games take a lot of "work" to get to any sex scene, and then the scene is just really short and unimaginative. I think his games would improve if he added more sex scene images (and of course, better cumshots).
Anyway, I don't exactly regret paying for Zoe, but I wouldn't have paid for it if I knew before hand that it would only entertain me for about two hours, and leave me disapointed.
iksanabot
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby P-Slayer » Wed, 12Aug22 21:07

Yeah, Tlaero and Phreaky are awesome.

I hate to say it but Zoe isn't that good. I was excited for Leonizer's next game and ended up buying a membership to VDategames for the first time ever, to tide me over. But it didn't. The game mechanics are better now than they have been in the free games I've played, and the graphics are pretty good, but the sex scenes are a let down. Now that I think of it, the writing in Zoe is probably the best I've seen from Chaotic - a common complaint is that his games don't make sense - you can't tell what the right decision is based on logic following from the plot, you just have to guess and find the right paths through trial and error, but Zoe suffers less from this problem than his other games. Still, with those positives, Zoe gets boring fast because there isn't really any exciting sex. Yeah, you can have a threesome, but as with all Chaotics games, the sex scene is just three possible short animations that you can alternate between, a decision to orgasm which shows you either a very lame cumshot image, (or another short animation with her mouth on your cock and you are apparently cumming), and then the "clean her up" continuation. I feel like his games take a lot of "work" to get to any sex scene, and then the scene is just really short and unimaginative. I think his games would improve if he added more sex scene images (and of course, better cumshots).
Anyway, I don't exactly regret paying for Zoe, but I wouldn't have paid for it if I knew before hand that it would only entertain me for about two hours, and leave me disapointed.

If Tlaero and Phreaky had games behind a pay wall like chaotic, then I would actually subscribe; their games are too good. They took chaotic's formula and took it to the next level.

Sadly, I kind of figured that Zoe would just end up like every other chaotic game i've played. They're so formulaic, redundant and predictable.

Oh well...
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby trimarin » Fri, 12Aug24 14:35

The problem with chaotics' games (apart from the sex scenes on which I completely agree with iksanabot), is that the games have a very simplistic writing and thus end up being more or less the same.
The actions change a bit (here you have a pool, a boat where other times you would have a strip club), but they follow the very same structure: do you have enough drinks/sympathy ? Then it triggers a very small action that can increase sympathy. Those actions are not satisfying in themselves and lead to a disappointing end.
I remember that even when chaotics changed the concept (to raise the self-esteem of the girl), the end product was exactly the same.
Main point is that he needs to spend less time on image rendering, more time on writing (maybe he could ask for some help) and even if it means less ending,s or even just one, make them more satisfying. If it means less games, then put a pay per game system instead of the offsite.

On the other hand, his models are always nice and I really like the photostrip game with Rachel. Really exciting.

Did anybody tell chaotic about this ? That could help, no ? :)
trimarin
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Aug25 03:12

trimarin wrote:Did anybody tell chaotic about this ? That could help, no ? :)

It very much depends on who Chaotic is creating his games for. The fact that Chaotic no longer posts here, together with some of the comments I've seen on his blog, suggests that this forum isn't his intended audience. But to be fair, one of the advantages of creating a free game is that you're under no obligation to kowtow to anyone else's opinion. And if Chaotic is creating the games (or game, since I agree with the critique that he's basically making the same game over and over) he wants to create, then more power to him.

As far as his commercial games go, he is under some obligation to please his paying customers if he wants to keep the money rolling in. But if they don't complain it's unlikely that he will alter the gradual process of evolution his games seem to be undergoing.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Foxfire72 » Sat, 12Aug25 09:38

i like his games, but im totally disappointed, if i pay for membership and get no access for 1 week now. i cant send any messages to the contact email cause server doesnt respond

its not this great to get new customers for the games
Foxfire72
Pilot fish

Postby Super » Sat, 12Aug25 18:27

I can't really imagine paying for his games, particularly at his going rate. His sex scenes are just rinse and repeat, not erotic in the slightest, and writing is meh. You know the drill, same old same old.

I just wish that someone else was creating games like these lol... I would give it a try, but I have no visual talent whatsoever and making things look sexy would be impossible >_> But yeah, same complaints as everyone else concerning his games.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 12Aug25 19:26

Superawesomemans wrote:I can't really imagine paying for his games, particularly at his going rate. His sex scenes are just rinse and repeat, not erotic in the slightest, and writing is meh. You know the drill, same old same old.

I just wish that someone else was creating games like these lol... I would give it a try, but I have no visual talent whatsoever and making things look sexy would be impossible >_> But yeah, same complaints as everyone else concerning his games.

There's always Tlaero & phreaky's games if you haven't played them ...Keeley and Christine posted here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2506
I'm sure you'll see a Big difference in the quality of there games [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Aug25 19:34

Rikwar wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:I can't really imagine paying for his games, particularly at his going rate. His sex scenes are just rinse and repeat, not erotic in the slightest, and writing is meh. You know the drill, same old same old.

There's always Tlaero & phreaky's games if you haven't played them ...Keeley and Christine posted here
http://www.the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2506
I'm sure you'll see a Big difference in the quality of there games [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Great recommendation! Those games are so great. We need more games of that quality.

Get Well Soon Tlaero! The virtual date game genre needs you back!
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Aug25 19:36

ExLibris wrote:
trimarin wrote:Did anybody tell chaotic about this ? That could help, no ? :)

It very much depends on who Chaotic is creating his games for. The fact that Chaotic no longer posts here, together with some of the comments I've seen on his blog, suggests that this forum isn't his intended audience. But to be fair, one of the advantages of creating a free game is that you're under no obligation to kowtow to anyone else's opinion. And if Chaotic is creating the games (or game, since I agree with the critique that he's basically making the same game over and over) he wants to create, then more power to him.

As far as his commercial games go, he is under some obligation to please his paying customers if he wants to keep the money rolling in. But if they don't complain it's unlikely that he will alter the gradual process of evolution his games seem to be undergoing.

Yup, and after playing and even paying for his games, I think it's safe to say that his games aren't for me: Predictable situations, lack of writing skills, and recycled visuals.

But hey, if the money rolls right in, then good for him.
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby HGKub » Sat, 12Aug25 20:14

How find the side for "Zoe by chotic"
HGKub
sirens hunter

Postby Nalogan » Sat, 12Aug25 22:05

HGKub wrote:How find the side for "Zoe by chotic"

I hope that i am not break the rules when i say in this place: http://www.vdategames.com/
Sorry for my English [img]kator/smiley89.gif[/img] i know it's bad
Nalogan
great white shark

Postby Super » Sun, 12Aug26 00:09

Rikwar wrote:

http://www.the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2506

Oh trust me, I know how awesome those are :p. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee for those if they updated regularly (probably still wouldn't pay what Chaotic's asking, though :/). Of course, they haven't made a new game in a while and probably won't because of tlaero's illness or whatever is up with her... :(

Aside from that, the only other games are Arianeb and sykalone's Uni Dreams. Arianeb's sequel isn't anything like this game, and Uni Dreams has been in development forever. But yeah, I wish more people would make games like this... I would use tlaero's engine and give it a try, but again, I have zero art skills :/
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Stinky » Mon, 12Aug27 10:56

This game was quite a letdown, particularly after Lisette. Not a lot to do. And the animated GIFs are horribly rendered.

I also agree with everyone else. Tlaero & phreaky's games are the gold standard. I wish they would make more!
Stinky
sirens hunter

Postby lucky loser » Mon, 12Sep17 16:45

I like his games though I definitely understand the critiques here. This is miles ahead of his earlier games.

I need some pointers on how to gain enough influence & drink to get to the evening. So the idea is to get the aerobics instructor to meet you at night?
Last edited by lucky loser on Sun, 12Sep23 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby cowgurlup » Sun, 12Sep23 17:29

I NEED A WALKTHROUGH FOR THIS GAME!!! I CANT GET ANYTHING BY THE TIME I FINISH THE GAME
cowgurlup
Pilot fish

sex: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games