Pervert Action: Crisis

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Pervert Action: Crisis

Postby Sonic » Sat, 11Jun25 14:43

ExLibris wrote:
Sonic wrote:I love ADRIFT games, but for some reason I can't start this one. And it seems that I'm the only one that gets this kind of a problem. I use Vista, not Windows 7.

When I open the game in ADRFIT (I installed the one you get with the game) after a while I get this message: Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file, 62,8]

:??:

Never got that kind of an error before. Anyone at least have a clue what it might be?

Are your region settings set to English?

Alternatively, you could try running it as administrator, or in XP compatibility mode.

Yeah, they're set on English. And I did run it as administrator, and tried with XP compatibility mode, but nothing...

Then it crossed my mind to try some older game, that I used to play before, like studio, and I got the same message. I don't know what's wrong still though. I reinstalled ADRIFT, and gained nothing. Maybe there's some mistake in the process because I deleted and installed the program quite a few times...
Sonic
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Dainyl » Sun, 11Jun26 01:18

Sonic wrote:
ExLibris wrote:
Sonic wrote:I love ADRIFT games, but for some reason I can't start this one. And it seems that I'm the only one that gets this kind of a problem. I use Vista, not Windows 7.

When I open the game in ADRFIT (I installed the one you get with the game) after a while I get this message: Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file, 62,8]

Never got that kind of an error before. Anyone at least have a clue what it might be?

Alternatively, you could try running it as administrator, or in XP compatibility mode.

Yeah, they're set on English. And I did run it as administrator, and tried with XP compatibility mode, but nothing...

Then it crossed my mind to try some older game, that I used to play before, like studio, and I got the same message. I don't know what's wrong still though. I reinstalled ADRIFT, and gained nothing. Maybe there's some mistake in the process because I deleted and installed the program quite a few times...

That is the exact message I get when I try to load ADRIFT 4.0 while my locale settings aren't on English. If you are trying to use AppLocale, it doesn't work with ADRIFT for some reason, otherwise, I would recommend double checking your region settings.
Dainyl
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11Jun27 00:32

I was very impressed with the writing in this game. The characterizations and the dialog are really well done. I also like the little touches, like replay mode. A lot of thought went into the game.

I really like the crossover nature of this game. Doing a LOP style dating sim in an AIF is clever and works well. It's neat to see people stretch the bondaries of their chosen medium.

I'm not sure that the images add all that much, but they don't detract either. The voice acting is very good. It's a bit shy of professional, but universally good. Actually, I've played many professional games whose voice acting wasn't as good as this. While the acting in top end games (Mass Effect, etc) is better, it's hard to compare a game with a multimillion dollar budget to a free game implemented by one guy. The important thing is that the acting is good enough that I never cringed at it and thought it was detrimental. I'm not sure that I really appreciated most of the spoken lines, though. I didn't like that they played before I got to them. That said, the voices during the sex scenes definitely added to the atmosphere.

Definitely good stuff.
Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Sonic » Thu, 11Jun30 01:59

Dainyl wrote:
Sonic wrote:
ExLibris wrote:

That is the exact message I get when I try to load ADRIFT 4.0 while my locale settings aren't on English. If you are trying to use AppLocale, it doesn't work with ADRIFT for some reason, otherwise, I would recommend double checking your region settings.

I was sure my region settings were set on English...I could have bet pretty much anything on it. But, apparently, I was wrong. :lol:

Thanks guys for proving to me that I'm an idiot for not checking the region settings just in case. Now I can play the game, finally. Thanks. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Sonic
Pilot fish

Postby Franco » Tue, 11Jul12 02:06

I played this on Windows 7 system with no problems. The game is ok. There are only a few grammar/word problems, but the author needs a lesson in female anatomy on where the hymen is located.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby BBBen » Tue, 11Jul12 04:15

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I signed up to respond to this thread, since I was checking up on how people were receiving the game and didn't have an account. I've been getting a lot of traffic from here, so it's probably about time.

First up I'll discuss the last post. Normally I don't respond to negative responses since they just get me agitated and arguing about them doesn't accomplish anything, but this one surprised me and I couldn't think of what it might be referring to:

Franco wrote:the author needs a lesson in female anatomy on where the hymen is located.

I went through the game and I believe I've found the particular passage you're referring to. In my defence, I didn't actually write that bit. I'm not sure who did, but there were a number of authors who dropped in and wrote a few passages here and there, and that was one of them. Apart from the fact that I wouldn't have written it that way, I also don't use the double spacing after the period (.) that the writer of that section uses. I should have caught it in editing, though, so I'll alter that bit for version 1.1.

I won't get too fussy about other criticisms as they seem mostly a matter of taste or things currently outside my control. I will say that this game design is currently in a sort of stylistic development; I'll be building on these ideas in the future and I am trying to incorporate the feedback I get. I won't necessarily be implementing everybody's suggestions, but I have a bunch of ideas on how to try and develop the gameplay and content - I'm hoping everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

As for the compliments, thank you very much! They're very encouraging, and you've helped to motivate me to work on the sequel. Progress on that is coming along rather well, but I can't put a definite release date on it as I need ADRIFT 5.0 (the new beta version) to be more fully implemented before it will be ready to go. That's obviously out of my control, but as far as the stuff within my control, progress is going very well at the moment.

Finally, I'll say that eventually I will be working on a gold edition of PAC, which I think will make it worth another look, but I will not be doing this untill after the sequel is finished, because one part of the project will include porting the game over to ADRIFT 5.0 to solve many of the technical issues, and obviously that isn't yet possible. I'm keeping the details a little quiet for now, because I don't want to hype the project while it's still some distance away.

- BBBen
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Jul12 04:42

I found BBBen's comments quite enlightening.
For those following this thread, I have added a small note in the opening comment which refers back to BBBen's.
Please feel free to redirect anyone with issues to that comment since that will directly "introduce" them to BBBen.

BBBen, thanks for that.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Graen » Tue, 11Jul12 04:50

Welcome to the Lagoon BBBen!

A lot of us did enjoy playing PA:C and hopefully we'll hear more from you in the future regarding the sequel, along with your thoughts on your games as well as our community.

Graen
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Jul13 07:28

Welcome to the lagoon, BBBen. Hats off to you. You did an excellent job on Pervert Action Crisis.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby BBBen » Sun, 11Oct23 02:26

You may have noticed if you were trying to download the game in the last couple of days that the server was down. That was because of an unrelated issue and server is now back up.

Incidentally, would anyone here be interested if I posted a few details about the sequel to PAC here? I don't have a release schedule yet but it's well into development.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby outrider » Sun, 11Oct23 04:24

BBBen wrote:Incidentally, would anyone here be interested if I posted a few details about the sequel to PAC here?

By all means, please!
outrider
great white shark

Postby NightStalker73au » Sun, 11Oct23 14:59

post away those details of the sequel.
NightStalker73au
great white shark

Postby andPS2 » Sun, 11Oct23 16:08

server seems to be down...
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Sun, 11Oct23 16:22

Yeah, looks like it's down again. Hopefully this will just be a short, temporary thing. I'll post some info about the sequel tomorrow, and hopefully by that time I'll be able to announce that the server's back up.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Mon, 11Oct24 04:07

The server is back up (for now at least), and hopefully that won't change any time soon. Anyway, here's the details of PAF that I promised:

The sequel to Pervert Action: Crisis, Pervert Action: Future is set over one hundred years in the future in the isolated Sirius star system, at a training facility for pilots of giant robots (known as “units”). Despite appearances there is more to this space station than just an experimental weapons program. Kenji, the first male to ever qualify for the program, will find himself manipulated into becoming the instrument to harness a dark and unholy power.

Release date:
I've already got a good start on the game, but I can't say for sure when it will be released (though encouragement is always welcome). Once I got PAC done I had a big break in the writer's block log-jam I was dealing with, and I'd made major strides before the beta stage of PAC was even over. I don't know quite how long the rest of the work on PAF will take me, and more importantly there are certain factors outside my control. The platform the game is built in does not yet support multimedia, and I am still casting the voice actors. I can say with confidence that it won't be out this year, though I'm hoping it won't go too far into next year. Technically most of the work is done, though in my experience the work of polishing a game off and completing the small stuff is always the most time consuming part.

As you can see above, I am creating 3D images for the game. Most of these are already done. I'm personally pleased with my results, and though I haven't shown them to many people yet, I think they'll be well received. I don't want to say or leak too much more information about these just yet, but I do have (I think) some cool stuff in store.

Voice acting:
PAF will have voice acting, and in fact probably more than PAC did. Also, thanks to the new platform I should (once this feature is implemented) be able to synch up lines directly with the corresponding text, solving this issue that was in PAC. The cast of the game is not final yet, but most of the cast for PAC will probably be returning.

Gameplay:
Based on many ideas I had when developing PAC as well as suggestions made about PAC on the forums, I have made many developments to the gameplay. It is still a hybrid between visual novels, dating sims and AIF, but I have expanded the dating sim and AIF elements to make the gameplay more involved. The game shouldn't be as slow to get moving as the original was, and will have a lot more to do and discover about the place. The harem mode is also returning and has also been expanded to be more interesting and fun, and I have a special new feature to replace the traditional points system (confidential for now).

Story:
This is a new cast of characters, in a story inspired in part by many anime science-fiction stories such as Neon Genesis Evangelion. It is at least as much an original work as PAC, however, and probably more so. You won't need to have played PAC to understand and enjoy PAF, but there will be some thematic continuities that fans of PAC will recognise.

Technical:
The game is being built in the new Adrift 5, which makes complex games like this a lot easier to design. This new platform will allow a couple of cool features: firstly the problems that emerged with region settings and newer operating systems are no longer an issue, and secondly the game will be able to run direct from an executable file, meaning you won't have to install or use any runner software.

I hope you're looking forward to the release of Pervert Action: Future. If you have any questions I'll answer them, provided they don't involve the release of information that I'm keeping secret for now. Let me know what you think!
BBBen
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games